PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage...Oregon Style!

PlanB
30th August 2005, 03:45
Man, this woman wanted a piece of this rice rider!

Camas couple arrested in highway altercation

Police say aggressive driving of a car and 4 motorcycles on State Route 14 escalated into a crash and assault

Monday, August 29, 2005
The Oregonian

A Camas couple were arrested on assault charges after a weekend incident in Clark County involving their car and four motorcycles.

Twila D. Lamb, 46, was driving a 1998 BMW 740 west on State Route 14 near Interstate 205 on Saturday afternoon when she and the motorcyclists began to drive aggressively, speeding, swerving and braking, according to the Washington State Patrol.

Lamb swerved, and her car's passenger-side mirror struck the left elbow of Jason L. Wacker, a 24-year-old Gresham resident, troopers said. Wacker and the other motorcyclists headed north on Interstate 5 and took the Fourth Plain Boulevard exit, with Lamb following.

The BMW then "intentionally rammed" the 2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 ridden by Brandon T. Brooks, a 23-year-old Gresham resident, police said. The Suzuki crashed, hurling Brooks over the handlebars.

"According to witnesses, when Brooks came to rest at the bottom of the hill, Lamb exited her vehicle, ran down the hill and started assaulting Brooks," the state patrol said in a news release. Lamb's husband, John, 56, tackled Brooks, the patrol said.

No one was seriously injured, police said.

Twila Lamb was booked into the Clark County Jail on suspicion of first-degree assault, and John Lamb was booked on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, police reported. No charges were filed against the motorcyclists.

Just remember the law of physics proves we cannot compete against a 3,000-5,000 lb piece of steel! Sometimes we have to bite the bullet out there, even when other folks are actin' stupid!

Y2K
30th August 2005, 05:13
Yuppies and squids mixing it up on my local freeways 'eh :frownthre
I'm glad I don't get to town much f :censor ing a :censor holes anyway.
Squids were prolly being jerks but that's not reason enough to try and kill 'em.
I hope the yuppies get some time in the cooler and I hope the squids learned a lesson. :dunno
Y2K :smoke

Mr Jimi
30th August 2005, 05:22
video here, may not stay long?
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3778258

GSB_77_XL
30th August 2005, 05:49
His name is wacker uhh huh huh. Ill but he never got picked on in school.

dwardy
30th August 2005, 06:35
First degree assault, my ass. That's attempted murder!

XLFREAK
30th August 2005, 17:48
The yups get slapped on the hand because the rich are connected period. This is why they have thier attitudes that they are better than anyone else and can do whatever they want (money talks). 1st degree assault should be attempted murder. As for the Rice Riders, the ones that I encounter out here in So. Cal are assholes. They cut your lane, cut through your group and squeeze past ya on the shoulder going 100 MPH +. Many are kids who don't know shit.

I caught up to one who squeezed me on the slab and then shook his head like I was wrong (I was doing 80 MPH with traffic). I paced him and caught up to him at the offramp stop light. He was stunned to see Loco pulling up. I dropped my kick stand and started to get off the sporty and his eyes turned into quarters and he speed off through a red light. Punk ass squid.

Loco
So. Cal.

ed_in_az
30th August 2005, 18:01
How can running a bike off the road be anything but ATTEMPTED MURDER???:madhead :madtwo :angry

AZbiker
30th August 2005, 18:02
Hey Loco, ever tried hittin' their killswitch? The asian manufacturers were nice enough to make the switch red, so it's easy to aim for. Not that I've ever done anything like that...

XLFREAK
30th August 2005, 18:30
Hey Loco, ever tried hittin' their killswitch? The asian manufacturers were nice enough to make the switch red, so it's easy to aim for. Not that I've ever done anything like that...

Nope. These kids think they are invincible on those things and they know that they can out run ya. IMO, they can't differentiate the real bikers from the wannabe's (Harley and being a biker is a current fad) and have become more brazen. Of course when you pull up to them and get off your bike, then they realized that the MFer they disrespected might be the real thing and just might gut them right then and there...

Red kill switch eh?

:banana

Loco
So. Cal.

Moved On
30th August 2005, 18:36
Red kill switch eh? :roflblack :roflblack I think Loco just found a new hobby.

I gotta agree with you Loco about them not knowing the difference. I'm pretty much a teddy bear, but I have the long gnarly beard going on, and I've been able to make a few of them nervous at times just giving them the try me look at a stop light. I kinda like it that they can't see through me :D

Gazza

XLFREAK
30th August 2005, 20:50
:roflblack :roflblack I think Loco just found a new hobby.

I gotta agree with you Loco about them not knowing the difference. I'm pretty much a teddy bear, but I have the long gnarly beard going on, and I've been able to make a few of them nervous at times just giving them the try me look at a stop light. I kinda like it that they can't see through me :D

Gazza

I hear ya! I don't have any issues with them when we are stopped. It's when we are on the road at decent speeds that some squids feel the need to be brave. I ignore em for the most part but ONCE in a blue moon, you get 1 or 2 that want to be testy by zipping by ya in you're lane. The look on that kids face when I came puttin up to him :roflblack

:gun

Loco
So. Cal.