PDA

View Full Version : HD is an American Builder... with mostly American Parts...

funnythebunny
28th February 2012, 03:23
HD York Plant

XLFREAK
28th February 2012, 03:46
Very cool vid, especially since i'm about 10 miles from the york plant. Looks like this was shot in the new building which i haven't toured yet.

gypdawg
28th February 2012, 03:56
Makes ya proud to be American! Why is everything you pickup nowadays made in china and usually a piece of shit?

jharback
28th February 2012, 07:40
Makes ya proud to be American! Why is everything you pickup nowadays made in china and usually a piece of shit?

Because we, Americans, are cheap bastards and don't think beyond tomorrow.

PAIN
28th February 2012, 14:12
Because the corporate machine is hell bent on increasing profit margins. The shareholders get richer and the workers get less pay and less benefits and eventually undercut by a overseas supplier.

cotnballs
28th February 2012, 14:40
Because the corporate machine is hell bent on increasing profit margins. The shareholders get richer and the workers get less pay and less benefits and eventually undercut by a overseas supplier.

Would you go into business and not make money? Yeah that's the only reason the evil companies and thirst for money, right! You really need to look at the profit margins of most companies in the world, they are in the single percentage points and put billions on the line to make it. What about the 35% corporate tax rate in the USA, HIGHEST in the world, we just surpassed Japan that lowered theirs last year. What about the mountain of regulations Mr President (thousands of pages) enacted in the last few years. The bloated EPA and power of god syndrome. Politicians are the problem not the companies!

People need to look at every day items they use, you will be surprised how much of it is made is the USA or even in the North America.

PAIN
28th February 2012, 17:08
Stuff is made in Mexico and china because the labor is cheap. Cheap labor means cheap stuff. Cheap stuff at normal prices means more profits. What about that don't you get?

NRHS Sales
28th February 2012, 17:17
Labor costs are not the issue. It is the EPA regulations and other beaurocratic crap more than anything that are causing companies to build their factories out of the US. If you wanted to start a foundry in the US today you would be lucky, really lucky to start digging within 2 years due to all the red tape you will have to go through before you get your permits. And let one "greenie" activist say there is an endangered mouse or some other critter building a nest on the land and you are screwed!!

And if you want to do this is California expect that time frame to double.

gypdawg
28th February 2012, 18:40
"Its all about the Benjamins". Greed. The problem is people wont stand up to this shit. They would rather settle for convience at their local walmart,so they can go sit on their comfy sofa and watch their foreign made tv. And.. the growing problem is everyone has their eyes glued to their Iphone and their head in their ass. Hang up and drive! I agree with Jahrback, politicians and diapers should be changed often..etc. Ahh hell, dont get me started.
"I only got two tings in dis world,,my word,and my balls;and i aint gonna break either one of em" Tony Montana

PAIN
29th February 2012, 02:33
Labor costs are not the issue. It is the EPA regulations and other beaurocratic crap more than anything that are causing companies to build their factories out of the US. If you wanted to start a foundry in the US today you would be lucky, really lucky to start digging within 2 years due to all the red tape you will have to go through before you get your permits. And let one "greenie" activist say there is an endangered mouse or some other critter building a nest on the land and you are screwed!!

And if you want to do this is California expect that time frame to double.

I agree, but greed is human nature, add to that the red tape it can get ugly. Wages going down on average and unemployment going up gives consumers less buying power. In the end people are somewhat forced to buy the cheaper product. It's a downward spiral that only works if the value of money goes up, but it isn't.

PAIN
29th February 2012, 02:36
The solution isn't changing politicians. Cut out politicians getting greased by the lobbyists then base their pay on the average of their constituents. State reps make average wage of their state and the president makes the average of all Americans. Watch how fast things change then.