PDA

View Full Version : Bike Inspections

Nurple
10th October 2005, 15:17
Hello All,
Looking for some info on Maryland Bike inspection. At what point does anybody physically look at the VIN on the frame and engine and verifies that is what is on the title I have? Which leads me to my next questions. Where on the frame is the VIN supposed to be? I have searched the neck and the front half of the frame, but I don't see it anywhere? Is it stamped in the frame like the engine case stamp?

1986 xl 1250

Nurple

rokpunk
10th October 2005, 15:32
Hello All,
Looking for some info on Maryland Bike inspection. At what point does anybody physically look at the VIN on the frame and engine and verifies that is what is on the title I have? Which leads me to my next questions. Where on the frame is the VIN supposed to be? I have searched the neck and the front half of the frame, but I don't see it anywhere? Is it stamped in the frame like the engine case stamp?

1986 xl 1250

Nurple

the mechanic who does the inspection will write the vin number on the inspection check sheet. the mva will compair the number on the inspection sheet to the number on your title. i don't know specificly where the vin is on your bike, but the inspector should know where to find it. if the numbers not matching is an issue, i would suggest going through a tag and title service to do this for you. it'll cost a few bucks, but they seem to have more pull with the mva and can circumvent some of the typical mva BS that you are bound to encounter.

Liam
10th October 2005, 15:48
Hello All,

1986 xl 1250

Nurple
It should be on the neck. Are you sure you have a stock frame?