PDA

View Full Version : Bike Stolen in New York

nosparkoflife
28th June 2012, 21:34
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/alijhassan/291558_4267094685394_1084566175_o.jpg

My 2002 1200 custom was stolen from Maspeth, NY on the night of Saturday June 23.

I have surveillance footage of two men pushing it away while I was in a convenient store around the corner for 15 minutes max.

If you're in the NYC area please inform the 104th Precinct if you have any information.

WinterWheel
28th June 2012, 21:58
That sucks the big one. I hope you get it back (in good shape).
Hang 'em high as horse stealers. (If only!)
Hopefully, they'll be tracked down quickly.

SuperTed
28th June 2012, 22:30
That sucks. A fork lock and disc lock are both a must. You can't trust anyone.

mikeLI_77
28th June 2012, 23:14
WOW. That's only 25 minutes west of my house. Sorry to hear that. If I see anything I will let you know. Start checking Craigs List and Ebay for newly listed parts or bikes that may be yours.

Hot Rod Sporty
28th June 2012, 23:27
#%@king thieves... :madhead

Sorry to hear about your bike dude. Yeah, what Mike above said. Start looking for tanks, fenders, wheels, etc.

nosparkoflife
29th June 2012, 18:08
-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- YOU THEIF! I FOUND MY MOTHER-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ING HARLEY! My girlfriend and I have been diligent in looking for my bike everyday since it happened. I acquired surveillance footage of the two men. I had neighbors identify the men. Found his place of business. Everything. But I had no concrete evidence of seeing the actual bike. Well last night, I just got out of the shower. Standing in my underwear in the living room I heard a Harley come up the street. I knew instantly it was mine. My girlfriend and I both looked at each other with huge eyes and I immediately ran outside in nothing but my underwear. Ran up and saw the guy backing it into his drive. Spray painted black. Called 911. Now the guy is barricaded in his house and won't come out. But it's 100% mine. Matched the VIN number and everything. If anything ever happens like this to you, which i hope it doesn't, but if it does, take it upon yourself to get your shit back. With basically ZERO help from the police, my girlfriend and I found my bike.

Crosshairs
29th June 2012, 18:11
he actually lives on your street?..holy balls...talk about lucky.....thankfully, he is stupid like most thieves...

WinterWheel
29th June 2012, 18:44
Let us know how it transpires. Can we assume that yoiu have retrieved your property?
That you are laying charges? Don't let him get away with it.

shotgun46
29th June 2012, 18:45
That sucks. A fork lock and disc lock are both a must. You can't trust anyone.

I call :censor :censor if they want it bad enough nothing will stop them ! have you ever seen the video of the 4 guys and a 2 X 6 !

shotgun46
29th June 2012, 18:46
sorry your bike was taken ! it's a shame I hope they get caught

Hot Rod Sporty
29th June 2012, 19:14
-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- YOU THEIF! I FOUND MY MOTHER-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ING HARLEY! My girlfriend and I have been diligent in looking for my bike everyday since it happened. I acquired surveillance footage of the two men. I had neighbors identify the men. Found his place of business. Everything. But I had no concrete evidence of seeing the actual bike. Well last night, I just got out of the shower. Standing in my underwear in the living room I heard a Harley come up the street. I knew instantly it was mine. My girlfriend and I both looked at each other with huge eyes and I immediately ran outside in nothing but my underwear. Ran up and saw the guy backing it into his drive. Spray painted black. Called 911. Now the guy is barricaded in his house and won't come out. But it's 100% mine. Matched the VIN number and everything. If anything ever happens like this to you, which i hope it doesn't, but if it does, take it upon yourself to get your shit back. With basically ZERO help from the police, my girlfriend and I found my bike.

You mean the police couldn't get him out???

Glad to hear you got your bike back!:clap:clap:clap Now go put that mother-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-er in jail!

vlmuke
29th June 2012, 19:30
and sue his ass to make it like it was before he painted it what a dumbass !!

SuperTed
29th June 2012, 19:52
I call :censor :censor if they want it bad enough nothing will stop them ! have you ever seen the video of the 4 guys and a 2 X 6 !

If left out in the open overnight, then sure. He was just around the corner for a few minutes. Those two locks would have probably been enough to deter or slow down the TWO thieves long enough so he'd still have a bike by the time he got back. Those two would not be lifting the bike themselves.

If you're not using any locks whatsoever, you may as well also leave your car out with the doors unlocked, windows rolled down and the keys in the ignition.

WinterWheel
29th June 2012, 20:12
True!
It won't stop a determined thief. But hopefully, it will slow down the opportunistic one. Somebody prying your forks with a 2 x 4 will tend to attract some attention.
Don't make it any easier for them.

shotgun46
29th June 2012, 21:05
Down here we don't lock our doors and I never pull the key from my bike !

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

WinterWheel
29th June 2012, 21:32
The 60s were nice. :laugh

SuperTed
29th June 2012, 21:42

That's nice. Around here I can't even get a package delivered to my home when I'm not around without it getting stolen by someone walking by!

khaskins
29th June 2012, 21:48

I would not tempt fate. Leaving a key in a bike is just asking for trouble.

What if someone from California was walking by your bike with the key in it?:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Meattruck138
29th June 2012, 22:10
Did your neighbor ever offer up any more information on how it came to be in his possession?

aemsee
17th August 2012, 06:01

yeah, but remember what happened when you left the key in your truck??:smoke

PiousDevil
17th August 2012, 06:08
would have liked some resolution in this thread

sportsterpaul
17th August 2012, 06:44
I expect resolution will be slow in coming. Quite possibly the bike will be impounded as evidence for trial so it may be a bit before he actually regains possesion.

shotgun46
17th August 2012, 06:54
yeah, but remember what happened when you left the key in your truck??:smoke

what truck ? :smoke :p

shotgun46
17th August 2012, 06:57
I would not tempt fate. Leaving a key in a bike is just asking for trouble.

What if someone from California was walking by your bike with the key in it?:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Would that be Duarte, CA ??:wonderlan