PDA

View Full Version : European Sporty meets 2013

Pages : [1] 2

steelworker
27th November 2012, 18:19
A couple of events organised for next year...

Sportster Club de France meeting at Oberbronn in the Bas-Rhin department (Alsace region) of northeast France.
9-11 May 2013 - that's from Thursday to Saturday
More information here (http://sportster-club-france.leforum.eu/f513-Concentre-2013.htm) (in French).
I'm a member on the site and I'm planning on going to this, so if anyone else is interested and wants to meet up...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Stuff%203/SCFconcentre2013.jpg

The German Sportster Forum have a meeting planned for 6-9 June 2013 at Drauberg, Burscheid (northeast of Cologne). More info here (http://www.sportymeeting.de/Home.php).

Folkie
19th December 2012, 21:09
Have a nice trip. :tour

norseXL
30th December 2012, 11:40
Woulda been fun with a trip to France, but a bit long of a weekend trip for me.
But I´m crazy anough to do it if I get to take a week of work :tour

sep69
31st December 2012, 14:28
Thanks for posting !
I really want to go. Going to talk to some Sporty riding friends about it.
Maybe we can have an xlforum get together there ? :)

bplinson
9th January 2013, 07:09
Looks like fun. I will try to make it!

steelworker
9th January 2013, 09:07

Cool! :)

bplinson
9th January 2013, 13:26
I like riding around that area. Wissembourg is alwaysa favorite spot for me and the nearby Bitche Citadel is awesome.

KSWind
9th January 2013, 22:13
I am interested in both as well.

eric
10th January 2013, 01:59
Hello Bert & all,

I am Eric here (really 1st Name) or Ken a president of Sportster Club of France.
Bert, I don't know at this evening that you leave in Germany. I send you a private message. Charlesb52 from Netherland forum, Spavy from Italia forum and normaly Pudellbirne from Germany forum come. In this 5th meeting, near Germany come members from all France, Ingland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Swiss, Italia & Germany and maybe Spain.
At this time we are more and less 160 registred. Others come only for one day...
I try to translate a program. Meeting begin 9 may at 11 may. Open days for all with stand and animations & Private day with animations and run...
Sorry for my english.

Greetings,

Eric

rottenralph
10th January 2013, 02:44
Wow, I wish I stilled lived in Europe so I could come. I hope you guys have a great time. No excuses, most places are a one day ride over there.

hhugger
10th January 2013, 02:58
It is very likely to try a GUINESS RECORD SPORTSTER, something like:

The LARGEST PARADE OF THE SPORTSTER model.:banana:banana.

A Big Hug.;);)

HHugger.

KSWind
10th January 2013, 07:23
Eric,

Thank you for the update. If you do make a program translation I would appreciate it. I can do German but French is a little tough.

Merci Beaucoup

Hello Bert & all,

I am Eric here (really 1st Name) or Ken a president of Sportster Club of France.
Bert, I don't know at this evening that you leave in Germany. I send you a private message. Charlesb52 from Netherland forum, Spavy from Italia forum and normaly Pudellbirne from Germany forum come. In this 5th meeting, near Germany come members from all France, Ingland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Swiss, Italia & Germany and maybe Spain.
At this time we are more and less 160 registred. Others come only for one day...
I try to translate a program. Meeting begin 9 may at 11 may. Open days for all with stand and animations & Private day with animations and run...
Sorry for my english.

Greetings,

Eric

eric
10th January 2013, 12:13
hola hugger, estas aqui tambien! :)))

KSwind, one german friend proposed me to translate in german. I ask him.
I put too in english in few time.

frenchandy
10th January 2013, 14:06
Im interested,will try and work out the logistics of it

Bavmorda1
10th January 2013, 14:25
BIG UP le SCF en force !!!!

:)

Mong deSade
10th January 2013, 14:51
Hell, count me in, I'm up for it !

hhugger
10th January 2013, 14:57
Eric,

Thank you for the update. If you do make a program translation I would appreciate it. I can do German but French is a little tough.

Merci Beaucoup

Online Translator::):)

Hello Bert & all,

Bert, I did not know you lived in Germany, only this afternoon informed me that.

I sent you a private message.

Administrators Web Sites Sportster that will be with us in this SPORTSTER MEETING:

1) Charlesb52 Administrator of the SPORTSTER-OWNERS-NETHERLANDS forum
2) Spavy Administrator of the SPORTSTER-RIDERS-ITALY forum, and
3) Pudellbirne Administrator of the SPORTYFORUM, German Forum.

In this 5th SPORTSTER MEETING, members come from Germany, all France, England, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy and Spain can be

We already have about 160 enrolled.

Others will come only for the day.

I will try to send the Program of Activities.

Concentration will be held on 9 and 11 May 2013.

The start day will be open to all with stands, animations, etc.. and

The private day for enrollees have animations, routes, etc.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings.

Eric

eric
10th January 2013, 16:34

no problem. If you want we can organise RDV in Nice :)))
this saturday we organise a little run in Antibes and we eat in La Bodega.
We are more and less 10/12

Ken

frenchandy
10th January 2013, 20:11
no problem. If you want we can organise RDV in Nice :)))
this saturday we organise a little run in Antibes and we eat in La Bodega.
We are more and less 10/12

Ken
pas de problem,Je suis a 40 minutes de Nice dans les arierre pays.
Je dois bossé samedi matin mais je viendrais pour le café,je vais t envoyé un message privé pour plus de detail et t donner mon numero de portable.
See you soon

frenchandy
10th January 2013, 20:16
Sounds like we may be on to something here.........
its pretty much in the middle of europe and a cool place for a holiday.
If any forum members want to meet up for the ride from the italien ,french border or need a place to stay on the way give me a shout.
This could be a whole lot of fun.
I'll have a chat with my mate Yves(xl1200S),im sure he will be up for it so that makes 2 for a start!!

norseXL
10th January 2013, 20:36
I´m trying to take a trip, always great to have a goal when driving.
I´m not reading french so was wondering if the camping area is just for members or if you have to sign up in advance?

steelworker
10th January 2013, 21:20
Sounds like we may be on to something here.........
its pretty much in the middle of europe and a cool place for a holiday.
If any forum members want to meet up for the ride from the italien ,french border or need a place to stay on the way give me a shout.
This could be a whole lot of fun.
I'll have a chat with my mate Yves(xl1200S),im sure he will be up for it so that makes 2 for a start!!

Andy, I got your PM, but your inbox is full. That's a cool idea to take the train south and ride back up with you, and I might even have time for it! I shall look into it - websites are saying it's too early to book yet, bit do you have any idea of cost?

steelworker
10th January 2013, 21:25
Norse, I suggest you PM eric (Ken) to ask him. It's not entirely clear from what I've read on the SCF site if it's possible to just turn up. I have paid in advance.

AB,Frank
10th January 2013, 21:26
I´m not reading french so was wondering if the camping area is just for members or if you have to sign up in advance?
I read the whole thing and it doesn't say anything about being a member for camping,just the address and phone number for the campsite.

How the heck are ya going to get there? take the ferry to Amsterdam? and ride the rest of the way?

Just curious:)

eric
10th January 2013, 21:28
ne t'en fais pas, il y a parmi nous et au camping des gens et des membres qui parlent très bien l'anglais
tu peux venir à la dernière minute et planter ta tente; ça ne pose pas de problème. Mais, nous sommes dans un camping et l'emplacement n'est pas gratuit. pas cher.
Mais on a un tout un programme. un petit run prévu en allemagne et là ça rigole pas (tout doit être prévu) et un autre en France pour visiter la région avec un repas au restaurant et des visites. on doit donc te prévoir. de plus, on a des animations gratuites, des journées portes ouvertes mais on a aussi moments conviviaux pour discuter entre membres d'un vrai club dont les membres et les amis se retrouvent chaque année à notre meeting. on doit donc savoir qui est là et on peut pas te dire: ok vient maintenant et pas tout à l'heure. tu comprends?
En gros, on a une journée et demie gratuite ou va avoir des stands, des animations, des concerts ou tout le monde peut venir et deux journées privées réservées au membres ou invités inscrits.

Voici le lien pour les inscriptions :
http://sportster-club-france.leforum.eu/t18892-Inscriptions.htm

On vous propose un Forfait de 150€ comprenant :
3 Nuitées (du jeudi soir au dimanche matin)
3 Petits déjeuners
3 diners (jeudi, vendredi soir et samedi soir)
1 déjeuner (repas du Run du samedi midi)
Les activités prévues (concert(s), Run(s), village Sportster, stands, visite avec dégustation de la brasserie à Uberach, etc...
1 pack concentre 2013
N’est pas compris dans le forfait :
La ou les nuitées supplémentaires (comptez environ 10 /12 euros en plus par personne et par nuit) et, les autres repas.

Logement : chalet :

Les premiers inscrits seront les mieux servis. Ils seront logés dans des chalets de grand luxe avec tout le confort, puis des chalets confort, jusqu’aux chalets simples. Comme pour les précédentes concentres, vous serez logés dans des chambres avec un grand lit ou avec des petits lits. Pour ceux qui souhaitent venir en camping-car ou même camper cela est possible.
A préciser pour ceux qui viennent plus tôt ou qui partent plus tard ... Dans le village : une épicerie est ouverte 24/24, même les jours fériés. Possibilité de restauration chez "Sergio" .... pizzéria motarde à prix motard….au camping ..toujours à prix motards ...
De tous nous retrouver durant cette Ve Concentre du S.C.F. ,

do not worry, there are among us and camping people and members who speak English very well
you can come to the last minute and plant your tent, it does not pose a problem. But we are in a camping site and is not free. cheap.
But we have a whole program. a small run planned in germany and there it not laugh (all must be provided) and another in France to visit the area with a dining and tours. we must provide you. In addition, there are free events, open days but also convivial moments to discuss between members of a true club whose members and friends gather each year at our meeting. we must know who is here and we can not say: ok just now and not earlier. you understand?
Basically, we have a free day and a half or will have booths, entertainment, concerts everyone can come and two days reserved for private members or registered guests.

Here is the link for registration:

It offers a package of € 150 including:
3 nights (Thursday evening to Sunday morning)
3 Breakfasts
3 dinners (Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening)
1 lunch (meal Run Saturday afternoon)
Planned activities (concert (s), Run (s), village Sportster stands, tasting visit the brewery Uberach, etc ...
1 pack meeting 2013
Is not included in the package:
Or the additional nights (expect about 10/12 euros more per person per night) and other meals.

Accommodation: Cabin

The first record will be better served. They will be accommodated in luxury chalets with all comfort, comfort and chalets, cottages up simple. As in previous concentrate, you will be accommodated in rooms with a double bed or with single beds. For those who wish to come to camper camping or even possible.
To clarify for those who come earlier or leave later ... In the village: a grocery store is open 24/24, even on holidays. Possibility of catering in "Sergio" .... biker biker priced pizzeria .... camping .. always priced bikers ...
All find ourselves in this V meeting CFS ,

norseXL
10th January 2013, 21:32
I read the whole thing and it doesn't say anything about being a member for camping,just the address and phone number for the campsite.

How the heck are ya going to get there? take the ferry to Amsterdam? and ride the rest of the way?

Just curious:)

I´m 130Km north of Oslo and will ride down to southern Sweden and over to Denmark and the ferry from Rødby to Puttgarten in Germany, then I will Blitz-krieg thru Germany :smoke

eric
10th January 2013, 21:54
cool un suédois :)

frenchandy
10th January 2013, 22:32
Steelworker,cleared my in box,I have taken the train down from Calais many times with bikes over the last 20 years,It is Bizzare but now it seems that you have to book from the UK.
From my memory its wagon lit that looks after this.
I will look into it now and give you an idea of cost.
Last time I did it I took a private cabin(recommended)and with the bike it cosst me around 200 euros(a while ago)
i ll get back to you on that.
I live around 20 miles from Nice in the foot hills and have a caravan and woodcabin on my land as well as a barbeque and workshop!

steelworker
10th January 2013, 22:42

Un norvégien! ;)

norseXL
10th January 2013, 22:43

Actually it´s norvégien :)

norseXL
10th January 2013, 23:02
do not worry, there are among us and camping people and members who speak English very well
you can come to the last minute and plant your tent, it does not pose a problem. But we are in a camping site and is not free. cheap.
But we have a whole program. a small run planned in germany and there it not laugh (all must be provided) and another in France to visit the area with a dining and tours. we must provide you. In addition, there are free events, open days but also convivial moments to discuss between members of a true club whose members and friends gather each year at our meeting. we must know who is here and we can not say: ok just now and not earlier. you understand?
Basically, we have a free day and a half or will have booths, entertainment, concerts everyone can come and two days reserved for private members or registered guests.

Here is the link for registration:

It offers a package of € 135 including:
3 Breakfasts
Planned activities (concert (s), Run (s), village Sportster stands, tasting visit the brewery Uberach, etc ...
1 pack meeting 2013
Or the additional nights (expect about 10/12 euros more per person per night) and other meals.

The first record will be better served. They will be accommodated in luxury chalets with all comfort, comfort and chalets, cottages up simple. As in previous concentrate, you will be accommodated in rooms with a double bed or with single beds. For those who wish to come to camper camping or even possible.
To clarify for those who come earlier or leave later ... In the village: a grocery store is open 24/24, even on holidays. Possibility of catering in "Sergio" .... biker biker priced pizzeria .... camping .. always priced bikers ...

I will register when I am shure I can attend then, hopefully Google can help me navigate your site ;)

Tore.

frenchandy
10th January 2013, 23:29
hey Norse,if you get stuck on translation contact me!

eric
10th January 2013, 23:54
Un norvégien! ;)

ok un viking :D

norseXL
10th January 2013, 23:54
hey Norse,if you get stuck on translation contact me!

Thanks Andy, I will remember that.

AB,Frank
11th January 2013, 00:14
I can translate anything you would like ,but it is the time zone.....I'm 7 hrs behind ....easier for Frenchandy,being at the same time zone.

North of Oslo! my grandpa always' called Oslo "Christiannia" :)

frenchandy
11th January 2013, 00:31
viking blood here too..........
valhalla we are coming.......

tich
11th January 2013, 00:52
Well Ive looked at the Holidays with my good lady. So long as Loki (To keep the Viking theme going;)) stays away from my Drive belt:rolleyes:

It very much looks like were in:tour:banana

Were thinking of a meander thair on mixed roads:D:tour and a blast back on the slabs:rolleyes:

Will be great to put faces to avatars.

steelworker
11th January 2013, 08:31
Thanks for posting !
I really want to go. Going to talk to some Sporty riding friends about it.
Maybe we can have an xlforum get together there ? :)

I am interested in both as well.

Well Ive looked at the Holidays with my good lady.
It very much looks like were in:tour:banana
Will be great to put faces to avatars.

This is looking good! :D

bplinson
11th January 2013, 09:35
I plan to be there on 10 and 11. Can't make it on the 9th. I am already taking 3 May off to go see Meat Loaf in Stuttgart.

eric
11th January 2013, 23:51
attention I make a error when I translate:
ere is the link for registration:
http://sportster-club-france.leforum...scriptions.htm

It offers a package of € 150 including:
3 Breakfasts
1 pack meeting 2013

tich
12th January 2013, 10:53
Link not working for me Erick:(
I will see if my lady and I can navigate the sight. (she has a little french)

steelworker
12th January 2013, 12:10
Try this...

norseXL
13th January 2013, 17:46
I am now a member on the French site and are slowly navigating the site with google translate :D

eric
13th January 2013, 19:42
I am now a member on the French site and are slowly navigating the site with google translate :D

I valid your inscription:clap

norseXL
13th January 2013, 20:40
I valid your inscription:clap

Thanks, I will contact you in google french on your site when I got the time about payment :tour

hhugger
14th January 2013, 15:48
REGISTRATION-HOSTING
SOURCE: SCF.
Note:
Translation On Line

Pour toutes inscriptions; envoyez un MP à Ken (sportsterclubdefrance@yahoo.fr)
Les chalets "luxes" sont complets .... A COMPTER DE CE JOUR .... vous avez la possibilité d'être logés dans des chalets classiques sans wc et sans salle de bains ...bloc sanitaire ...!! Pour les célibataires et autres fêtards vous avez la possibilité de vous regrouper dans le batiment "dortoir" qui dispose d'une capacité d'une vingtaine de lits en trois chambres ... (bâtiment en dur avec salle de réunion + tout le confort, cuisine équipée etc ). Vous avez également la possibilité de camper ... Il reste donc : des chalets classiques, 3 chambres pour 20 personnes dans un dortoir tout confort, camping

For all entries, send a PM to Ken
The chalets "luxuries" are complete .... AS OF TODAY ....

you can be accommodated in cabins without conventional toilet and bathroom without toilet block ... ...!

For singles and other partygoers you the opportunity to gather in the building "dormitory" which has a capacity of twenty beds in three bedrooms ...

(permanent building with meeting room + all the comfort, kitchen etc.).

You also have the opportunity to camp ...

It therefore remains:

1) Chalets classic
2) rooms for 20 people in a dorm comfort,
3) camping

bplinson
14th January 2013, 16:22
I just requested vacation for 9 and 10 May. Hopefully it will be approved. Wife already gave her ok!

eric
14th January 2013, 16:42
very well :)
I think that in Germany like in France 9 may is holidays

bplinson
14th January 2013, 17:19
But I am American working for the US Military = No federal holiday for me :(

steelworker
14th January 2013, 19:05
But I am American working for the US Military = No federal holiday for me :(

Defect! :p

bplinson
15th January 2013, 09:30
Some people think I already have! But I have this Monday off for MLK day. No Europeans do. :)

hhugger
17th January 2013, 04:00
Dear friends.

Earlier marks: Guinness Records.

regards

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/970/guinnessrecordssomeresu.jpg

:tour:tour:tour:tour
etc. etc. etc. etc.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

norseXL
17th January 2013, 20:51
Well, finally got my a## down to the bank after being sick with the flu and paid .
Now I just have to get the bike in ship-shape til spring :tour

steelworker
17th January 2013, 21:00
Cool! See you there, Tore! :D

Myles

norseXL
17th January 2013, 21:10
Cool! See you there, Tore! :D

Myles

Jepp, will be fun, great kick off for the season :smoke

eric
5th February 2013, 00:07
Hello sportstermen,

somes news,
We have sportstermen from USA, Japan, Norway, England, Netherland, Belgium, Chili, Italia, Swiss, Luxembourg, France & maybe from Spain.
maybe a record in Guinessbook!!!

See you in May,
Eric

Bonjour à vous tous,

On compte déjà des sportster de norvège, d'Angletere, d'Hollande, de Belgique, du Chili, d'Italie, de Suisse, du Luxembourg, de France & peut-être d'Espagne.
Sans oublier du Japon notre ami Bon et de Bert l'administrateur de XL Forum.
Peut-être un record pour faire plaisir à Hugger.

C'est déjà une réussite, on compte sur vous.
Eric

bplinson
5th February 2013, 07:41
Good news! I am now able to attend all three days. Now I just need to find a place to stay. Wife will be coming also to be my translator!

bplinson
5th February 2013, 07:47
Eric, are dogs allowed in the cabins?

Eric, sont des chiens autorisés dans les cabines?

eric
5th February 2013, 17:12
hello Bert,

you come the 9?
and you stay 9/10/11. departure 12 morning.
yes the dogs are allowed in cabins. you do pay more less 2€ by day.
but we have 2 rooms by canin more saloon. is big?
I think no problem with a others sportstermen.
ok your wife come with you.

bplinson
5th February 2013, 21:26
Yes, I will be there on 9 May and leave on 11 May. Can you give me the telephone number of the saloon so I can make reservations?

Oui, je serai leur le 9 mai et quitter le 11 mai. Pouvez-vous me donner le numéro de téléphone de la salle afin que je puisse faire des réservations?

eric
5th February 2013, 22:47
I organise the meeting. I take a réservations. I send you all informations
I am in contact with a mayor of the city. The camping is reserved for my club.

bplinson
6th February 2013, 09:55
Thanks for the information. I have registered on your website but have not recieved confirmation.

(bad Google translation)
Merci pour l'information. Je me suis inscrit sur ​​votre site mais je n'ai pas reçu de confirmation.

eric
6th February 2013, 10:31
ok Bert. I send you email

eric
6th February 2013, 11:16

hello,

you decide to come.
We want Irland in International Meeting sportster :)

Eric

hhugger
11th February 2013, 17:52
NorseXL (XL FORUM) will travel from Hamar 1726 kms (130 kms north of Oslo) Norway, until Oberbronn, France.

Steelworker (XL FORUM) will travel 906 kms, from Dereham, Norfolk, England.

Confirmed and paid.!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

bplinson
11th February 2013, 18:39
It is gonna be a fun weekend. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of Sportster riders!

norseXL
11th February 2013, 18:48
it is gonna be a fun weekend. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of sportster riders!

+1 :smoke

RoelVP
12th February 2013, 07:35
I'll try to attend, but I know German and French laws are more strict regarding engine noise than in Belgium, so I can't confirm, yet.
I'll first have to find a solution for that small issue.

Cezar
12th February 2013, 08:34
me too, but from Poland (Poznan) is a little too far away...

steelworker
12th February 2013, 08:42
Roel, in France the noise regulations seem to be viewed more as optional guidelines than actual laws. ;) Not sure about Germany, but I suspect they'd not harrass foreigners passing through, though I'm put off visiting Switzerland because of horror stories about foreign riders receiving massive fines for loud pipes.

Cezar
12th February 2013, 08:49
i have screaming eagles II.... not good ;) 121dB

RoelVP
12th February 2013, 08:51
The stories I've heard about Germany are truly horror stories.
It's not a matter of paying a high fine, it's a matter of walking back home because your bike won't move an inch on its own anymore, and this also for foreigners.
For France I haven't heard anything that bad, but I've heard of somebody having to pay a relatively high fine for loud pipes.

Anyways, in France I'd be ok with it, it's part of the "adventure" and if we're with a few hundred, chances are slim that it will be me getting the fine :laugh

For the planned ride-out through Germany, I feel a lot more hesitant.

eric
12th February 2013, 10:36
I'll try to attend, but I know German and French laws are more strict regarding engine noise than in Belgium, so I can't confirm, yet.
I'll first have to find a solution for that small issue.

We have many members of our club in Belgium, they come in our meeting since 2009 without problems with french police.
In France, Harley Davidson have for the moment a good image. The only one place where you can have problem is maybe sometimes in Paris because a mayor like only himself.... Is stupid to ride in Paris. Is preferable to take a metro...

We have many members from belgium, you can come with them.
We have too policemen & Gendarmes in our club. They ride with smile in his face. Oural & Petitcoeur, 2 members of our club, are policemens and is them who receive you in Oberbronn.

I come from Nice, french Riviera. I come by Italia & Swiss to go in Oberbronn.

come on:banana

eric
12th February 2013, 10:39
i have screaming eagles II.... not good ;) 121dB

come on, :tour Cesar we have nobody from poland!!!:clap

RoelVP
12th February 2013, 14:44
I subscribed for SCF, so soon you'll have one more. :banadanc

I read somewhere that there would be a run into Germany during the meeting, or am I wrong?

eric
12th February 2013, 14:56
OK, Normaly we do make a little run in Germany the friday morning. we do visit Rick's motorcycles. But, is impossible to go with 200 motos. german police don't want.
Somes problems MC in Germany...

hhugger
14th February 2013, 17:07
me too, but from Poland (Poznan) is a little too far away...

Which of these cities is?
Które z tych miast jest?

Poznan (Wielkopolskie 1002 kms)
Poznan (Slaskie 1061 kms)
Poznan (Lubelskie 1335 kms)

Distances link:
http://www.viamichelin.es

eric
14th February 2013, 18:00
poznan is a big & old city of poland more near germany that russia

Cezar
15th February 2013, 07:38
maybe you know as Posen. many people here have sportys.

eric
15th February 2013, 08:22
Is One of the European country that I cannot visit for the moment.
I know very well many countries of east Europa. Maybe I find the ocasion for coming.

hhugger
17th February 2013, 04:08
Cezar.

Which of these cities is?:doh
Które z tych miast jest?:doh

Poznan Wielkopolskie? - (1002 kms to Oberbronn)
Poznan Slaskie? - (1061 kms to oberbronn), or
Poznan Lubelskie? - (1335 kms to Oberbronn)

A Big Hug!!!:):):)

Cezar
17th February 2013, 18:54
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozna%C5%84

hhugger complete profile because I thought you were from Germany ;)

hhugger
18th February 2013, 06:05
Thank you very much.!!!!

Poznan (Wielkopolskie - Grande-Pologne) - (1002 kms to Oberbronn) :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Regards.

Cezar
18th February 2013, 08:54
Time
10h40 (07h55) autobahn
distance
999 km

RoelVP
18th February 2013, 09:04
That's peanuts! :p

hhugger
18th February 2013, 17:17
Time
10h40 (07h55) autobahn
distance
999 km

± 3.:doh

:D:D:D:D:D

A Big Hug

hhugger
27th February 2013, 08:47
Cezar published Oberbronn International SPORTSTER meeting in his country Poland.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

This is the link:
http://forum.motocyklistow.pl/index.php?/topic/159386-oberbronn-francja/

Regards

Note:
Online translator.

Proteus
27th February 2013, 10:58
Salut François,

je ne sais pas si je serai disponible à ces dates, je ne pourrai éventuellement le dire qu'au dernier moment. Est-ce que ça forme un problème pour la réservation du camping?

Merci

Laurent (Liège, Belgique)

eric
27th February 2013, 11:10
bonjour Proteus,

Il n'est pas sûr qu'on ait encore de la place. Il restera le camping (plus de chalet mais tente). Pour l'instant il reste 30 places dans des chalets basiques et dans des chambres de 6 tout confort.
Par contre, il nous faut prévoir avec les fournisseurs comme pour le resto du run et là ça pose problème car nous devons reserver et avons déjà payer des acomptes.

Eric

norseXL
3rd March 2013, 15:04
Published the meeting in the biggest Norwegian motorcycle forum today.

Tore.

http://www.mcsiden.no/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5641

hhugger
4th March 2013, 19:23
Hello dear friends.

Another great news.!!

Ken, the President of the SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE statement on the website of Club, that:

"le Camion de l'Expérience Tour de HD sera présent sur le site pour que vous puissiez essayer tous les modèles dès le mercredi après-midi.
Vous ne vous doutez pas du prix astronomique que cela coûte et de l'effort consenti par HD France et la concession HD Alsace!"

"The Truck Tour Experience H-D will be on the site so you can try all models from Wednesday afternoon.
You do not doubt the astronomical price it costs and the effort made by France H-D and concession H-D Alsace! "

Furthermore, it will attempt a Guinness record for the Sportster and enter for the first time GuinessBook.

There are many other pleasant surprises. It comes in handy this.!

There are registered participants from 12 nations and rising.

Greetings.

CONTACT BY THE SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE:

KEN, President of the SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE (ALSO SPEAKS SPANISH)
e-mail:
sportsterclubdefrance@yahoo.fr

Note:
online translator

bplinson
5th March 2013, 07:56
That is absolutely awesome. Glad that I have the chance to be part of it.

hhugger
8th March 2013, 17:25
That is absolutely awesome. Glad that I have the chance to be part of it.

Cool Bert.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

hhugger
8th March 2013, 17:43
Hello dear friends.

Another great news.!!

Ken, the President of the SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE statement on the website of Club, that:

"le Camion de l'Expérience Tour de HD sera présent sur le site pour que vous puissiez essayer tous les modèles dès le mercredi après-midi.
Vous ne vous doutez pas du prix astronomique que cela coûte et de l'effort consenti par HD France et la concession HD Alsace!"

"The Truck Tour Experience H-D will be on the site so you can try all models from Wednesday afternoon.
You do not doubt the astronomical price it costs and the effort made by France H-D and concession H-D Alsace! "

Furthermore, it will attempt a Guinness record for the Sportster and enter for the first time GuinessBook.

There are many other pleasant surprises. It comes in handy this.!

There are registered participants from 12 nations and rising.

Greetings.

CONTACT BY THE SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE:

KEN, President of the SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE (ALSO SPEAKS SPANISH)
e-mail:
sportsterclubdefrance@yahoo.fr

Note:
online translator

They will attempt the WORLD RECORD SPORTSTER:clap:clap

Thank God everything is given.:clap:clap

Countdown: 60 days only

Regards.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5889/scf5concentre3c77e7fgui.jpg

This truck will be present at the party SPORTSTER Oberbronn.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/8931/thetrucktourhdexperienc.jpg

steelworker
8th March 2013, 18:40
This truck will be present at the party SPORTSTER Oberbronn.
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/8931/thetrucktourhdexperienc.jpg

Thanks for filling us in with yet more information, hhugger, but after riding to an area with so many amazing twisty roads, the last thing I'll want to do is test-ride a big twin.

norseXL
8th March 2013, 19:36
Thanks for filling us in with yet more information, hhugger, but after riding to an area with so many amazing twisty roads, the last thing I'll want to do is test-ride a big twin.

There is twisty roads there?:wonderlan
This is getting better and better :D

hhugger
9th March 2013, 16:22
VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS OF SCF
SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE (National-intimate):

LINKS:

2009 – VILLARDS.

1ère concentre Sportster organisée par le Sportster Club de France.

http://www.wideo.fr/video/iLyROoafMPJr.html

Vidéo ajoutée le : 21-08-2009 15:06:06
Auteur : mitch-scf.

2010 – CUSSAC.

2ème concentre du Sportster Club de France.

http://www.wideo.fr/video/iLyROoaf8wzO.html

Vidéo ajoutée le : 18-06-2010 00:34:24

2011 – UNIEUX.

3ème concentre du Sportster Club de France.

http://www.wideo.fr/video/iLyROoaf2G1B.html

Vidéo ajoutée le : 07-09-2011 14:33:05

2012 – PORNIC.

4ème CONCENTRE SPORTSTER ORGANISEE PAR LE SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE.

PART ONE:
http://youtu.be/Y9D5li2MmTw

PART TWO:
http://youtu.be/zPOShD13qw4

Posted on 04/06/2012 by PQR696

PART THREE:
http://youtu.be/lmNOsPGvvPA
Posted on 29/05/2012 by excracing11

steelworker
9th March 2013, 17:50
There is twisty roads there?:wonderlan
This is getting better and better :D

Oh yes! :D:tour:tour:D

hhugger
11th March 2013, 23:01
Poster New.

Direct link:

Forums Publication.

Regards

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/5889/scf5concentre3c77e7fgui.jpg

eric
12th March 2013, 03:10
Agreement Regarding Record Attempt ('Agreement')

This Agreement dated 12 March 2013
Between

GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS LTD (hereafter referred to as 'GWR'/'us'/'we'), Company Number 00541295, of 3rd Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP UK and 'you'

Mr Eric .......
Sportster Club de France
229, avenue Sainte Marguerite
Nice 06200
France
In relation to the record attempt ('Record Attempt') of:Record number sportster in same place
** The exact title of the record is subject to change and GWR may offer you a valid alternative record if your suggestion is not acceptable.
Until you read and accept all sections of this Agreement, GWR in no way encourages, authorises or permits any Record Attempt to be carried out and we will have absolutely no connection with or authorise any Record Attempt carried out before such acknowledgement.

Summary Claim Details

You may want to keep a copy of these details for your reference. If any information is incorrect, please use the Previous Button to go back and amend the details.

Claim Title: Record number sportster in same place
City/Town/Village: Oberbronn
Date of attempt: 09 May 2013
Record Details:
Dear Sir,
We want make a record of number of Sportster Harley Davidson in same place.
Best Regards,
Eric ..........
Monsieur,
Nous voulons battre le nombre de Sportster Harley Davidson réunis en un même lieu. Cordialement,
Eric ...............
Media: We have many Magazines of Motorbikes, newspaper magazines and we have too, 2 or 3 French TV like France 3, M6 and régional TV.

hhugger
14th March 2013, 13:47
Approaches, we are only 56 days

a Hug

FACEBOOK LINK:

https://www.facebook.com/events/432895066787638/?ref=22

hhugger
19th March 2013, 18:39
The epicenter of the 1st. International Concentration SPORTSTER riders.!!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6760/lesarmoiriesdeoberbronn.jpg

:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour :tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour
:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour :tour:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour

bplinson
19th March 2013, 20:10
How are the French police regarding loud pipes? Should I put my stock pipes back on?

steelworker
19th March 2013, 21:16
I've never had a problem with them, Bert.

A few years ago in the south of France, I had pulled into a stop after a payage when some motorcycle cops started to pull in behind us as they waited for the rest of their large group to pass through the toll booths. I gave the thumbs up to them and they returned it. As they pulled out, the last one pulled a massive wheelie for us.

So long as you're not taking the piss, you're unlikely to have any problems. And I believe several of the local SCF organisers are cops, so the chances of being pulled are probably zero.

eric
19th March 2013, 23:35
Yes Bert, no problem with the cops if you are cool. If you make a stupid guy in center of the city in the evening you can have a problem with them.
I have a storz pipes in my Nightster. In Paris, because a mayor like only himself, all bikers have a problem. In Alsace some of us are cops. In général the french cops like Harley-Davidson. See you in Alsace.

bplinson
20th March 2013, 13:48
Thanks. Yeah, I have driven through Paris a few times and am amazed at how most of the bikers ride. My first time in a Paris traffic circle is an event that will stay in my memory until I die.

ColinB
20th March 2013, 14:19
I got stopped by a French policeman at a tempory check-point who just wanted to talk about his Harley with me. Unfortunately, he had to go through all my papers 'cos his mates were there too and he had to make a show of it.

And yep, until you've driven round L'Etoile in Paris you don't know what a roundabout is!

http://www.wordsruntogether.com/wp-wrt/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/larc-de-triomphe-old-photo.jpg

hhugger
20th March 2013, 18:07
Woooo Hoooo.
Bravo.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/860/xlforumsponsor.jpg

norseXL
20th March 2013, 18:11
It's going to be a blast :smoke :banana:banana:banana

Tore

steelworker
20th March 2013, 18:33
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Smilies/jaknik.gifhttp://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Smilies/hyper.gif

When are you planning to arrive, Tore? I'll be at the rally site some time on the Wednesday, but heading over the weekend before to explore further south in the Vosges - probably staying at Colmar for a few days.

norseXL
20th March 2013, 18:45
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Smilies/jaknik.gifhttp://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Smilies/hyper.gif

When are you planning to arrive, Tore? I'll be at the rally site some time on the Wednesday, but heading over the weekend before to explore further south in the Vosges - probably staying at Colmar for a few days.

Realy not shure, I am having the whole week off pluss Monday and Tuesday to get home.
That way I will have plenty of time getting down there and I am planning on taking lot of small roads getting there, also thinking on taking a lap on Nurburgring :D
As you se I have a realy open scedule going down there, guess I start Saturday morning, I must start looking on the maps and do some planning.

tich
20th March 2013, 20:18
The Harley Euro fest is at Grimaud near st Tropez the wk end before 2-5th of May.
My lady thinks she should get a tan before Oberbron:doh:.:tour

JackAttack
20th March 2013, 20:23
I got stopped by a French policeman at a tempory check-point who just wanted to talk about his Harley with me. Unfortunately, he had to go through all my papers 'cos his mates were there too and he had to make a show of it.

And yep, until you've driven round L'Etoile in Paris you don't know what a roundabout is!

http://www.wordsruntogether.com/wp-wrt/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/larc-de-triomphe-old-photo.jpg

I was in the back seat of a cab the first time I went around that bitch...still thought I was gonna die.

How far of a ride would you say this is from Kaiserslautern? Taking the scenic route.

steelworker
20th March 2013, 20:37
How far of a ride would you say this is from Kaiserslautern? Taking the scenic route.

According to Google Earth, it's 98km / 1 hr 25 mins from Kaiserslautern to Oberbronn, and there is ONLY a scenic route - looks like a great ride! :tour:D

eric
20th March 2013, 20:44
Woooo Hoooo.
Bravo.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/860/xlforumsponsor.jpg

you are a girl, Hugger. you do say all, our secret. :laugh

eres una chica, no puedes guardar une secreto.:laugh

Yes, Bert and XL Forum is a sponsor of the Meeting. Thank you very much.
:clap:clap:clap
Now I can write that this 5th meeting of sporter Club of France change in The first International Sportster Meeting!
:banana:banana:banana

When you come, NorseXL, Hugger, Bert, steelworker, all my team are to receive you very well and come to the stand of my club. I pay a drink.:D

norseXL
20th March 2013, 21:00
I will come as early in thursday as I can, depends on where I sleep the night before I guess :)
I try not to make to much plans for the trip, I like to ride free when touring:D

Tore

RoelVP
21st March 2013, 09:16
Eric,

Is it possible to just stay one night? From Thursday to Friday?
I'd like to come, but it might be difficult to come the whole weekend.

Would there also be a reduction in cost if it's only for 1 night?

But I HAVE TO participate for the Guinness Record! I just have to be part of it! :tour

eric
21st March 2013, 11:17
Eric,

Is it possible to just stay one night? From Thursday to Friday?
I'd like to come, but it might be difficult to come the whole weekend.

Would there also be a reduction in cost if it's only for 1 night?

But I HAVE TO participate for the Guinness Record! I just have to be part of it! :tour

Hello,

Yes is possible. All can come Thursday or Friday. Is free. All public can come.
To sleep in cabin, fo the moment I don't no. But you can eat and to stay like public. You can sleep in camping like soldiers. You can find hôtel near. Enter Free for village sportster, 3 concerts, animations...
For Guinness Record we think to try 2 times, Thursday and Friday in 4 PM (16h00).We make package for 3 days 150€. Saturday is prived. Only for the club & his friends. We make a private run with a visit & we eat in restaurant. Maybe april if somes of you want to come, we can to offer you a possibility. But isn't easy to organise.
You come alone or with another person?

eric
21st March 2013, 11:23
I will come as early in thursday as I can, depends on where I sleep the night before I guess :)
I try not to make to much plans for the trip, I like to ride free when touring:D

Tore

If you want you can sleep with my club a wednesday. They are maybe 80 persons in place. They come since wednesday morning. I come personatly thursday morning. the cost for sleeping wednesday and for breakfast morning on thursday is 20€. You pay directly Oural (Philippe). But you are a special topic in our forum. You have times to decide but say me.
wednesday is private! but HD truck is here...
my club and my team organisation are in place.

RoelVP
21st March 2013, 11:55
Hello,

Yes is possible. All can come Thursday or Friday. Is free. All public can come.
To sleep in cabin, fo the moment I don't no. But you can eat and to stay like public. You can sleep in camping like soldiers. You can find hôtel near. Enter Free for village sportster, 3 concerts, animations...
For Guinness Record we think to try 2 times, Thursday and Friday in 4 PM (16h00).We make package for 3 days 150€. Saturday is prived. Only for the club & his friends. We make a private run with a visit & we eat in restaurant. Maybe april if somes of you want to come, we can to offer you a possibility. But isn't easy to organise.
You come alone or with another person?

No problem, when I come, it will be with my tent, like a soldier :D
So far, I'll be coming alone, but I might be able to convince some people from the SON forum.

RoelVP
21st March 2013, 11:59

Tore

You can always sleep at my place, in Hasselt, Belgium.
If all works out, I should go there on thursday morning, too, so we can drive together. :tour
It's about 400 km from Hasselt to Oberbronn, but we'll have to stay out of Germany, the cops won't like my pipes. :censor

Anyway, it's free as an offer, and I understand that you don't like to make too much plans on a trip, that's the way it should be!

eric
21st March 2013, 12:09
Sorry, I forgot a word "tent". I say he cans understand "sleeping like a soldier in cold & raining black night"... :D :D :D
Freek from Son forum want to come. He sent me a message in your forum. He wants to come 3 days. Charles & Monique come too.
Yes convince 200 people :D
No problem to sleep with your tent but if you send me a message in last days of april maybe you can sleep in cabin like us!
the price is more & less same to sleep in cabin or in tent. We negociate a prices for this.

eric
21st March 2013, 12:11
If all works out, I should go there on thursday morning, too, so we can drive together. :tour
It's about 400 km from Hasselt to Oberbronn, but we'll have to stay out of Germany, the cops won't like my pipes. :censor

Anyway, it's free as an offer, and I understand that you don't like to make too much plans on a trip, that's the way it should be!

good spirit! :clap

RoelVP
21st March 2013, 12:25
I've put a message on the SON forum to convince more people.
Hopefully, it works out.

hhugger
21st March 2013, 16:35

good spirit! :clap

Woo Hoooo

Note:
For the WRS should meet in the same place, same day, same time 524 SPORTSTER. :D:D:D:

norseXL
21st March 2013, 20:21

That's an extremely nice offer from you, but I can't realy say where I'm going just now.
I do know that I will try to visit the cathedral in Köln and I may spend the night there and ride to Oberbronn on Thursday.
But again, Thank's a Lot for the kind offer and I will anyway se you in France :)

Tore

eric
21st March 2013, 21:08
Koln ou Cologne is a very beautiful city

bplinson
21st March 2013, 21:45
I was in the back seat of a cab the first time I went around that bitch...still thought I was gonna die.

I took the back roads from Paris to Kaiserslautern once and it turned a five hour drive into 8 hours. When I was there two years ago I went through the big circle that has the arch and the huge French flag hanging down inside it. Went through it twice!!! Drive there is not really that bad. I learned that you have to be aggressive or you won't get anywhere.

bplinson
21st March 2013, 22:03
That's an extremely nice offer from you, but I can't realy say where I'm going just now.
I do know that I will try to visit the cathedral in Köln and I may spend the night there and ride to Oberbronn on Thursday.
But again, Thank's a Lot for the kind offer and I will anyway se you in France :)

Tore

I am about 2 1/2 hours south of Koln so if you find yourself near Kaiserslautern on Wednesday night you can stay at my place. I have plenty of room and a garage for your bike. I plan to head to Oberbronn early Thursday morning.

bplinson
21st March 2013, 22:07
Or if anyone else coming from up north needs a place to stay on Wed night contact me and I will see what I can arrange.

norseXL
21st March 2013, 22:17
I am about 2 1/2 hours south of Koln so if you find yourself near Kaiserslautern on Wednesday night you can stay at my place and. I have plenty of room and a garage for your bike. I plan to head to Oberbronn early Thursday morning.

Thank's Bert, I will keep it in mind, very nice offer but I am not good on planning trips so I usually just ride until I have to crash in a hotell someplace :)

Tore

bplinson
22nd March 2013, 09:15
I understand. I am the same. Just putting it out there.

RoelVP
22nd March 2013, 09:29

Tore

No problem, we'll see each other in France. :banadanc
As with Bert, the offer counts for anybody passing by. I've got a garage with tools and a bed to crash.

Planning is not my best skill, too, when I'm on a trip. But usually I take the tent along to spend the night. It's cheaper and adds to the adventure ;)

RoelVP
22nd March 2013, 09:33
On a side note, Eric, I talked to my girlfriend last evening, and we agree on me going to France on Thursday and Friday. :tour :banana

eric
22nd March 2013, 13:12
On a side note, Eric, I talked to my girlfriend last evening, and we agree on me going to France on Thursday and Friday. :tour :banana

she comes with you?
where you leave?

RoelVP
22nd March 2013, 14:12
No, she won't come with me.
Do you mean WHEN I leave? Probably Friday evening. But it's not decided, yet.

eric
22nd March 2013, 15:08
sorry!
where do you live?

RoelVP
25th March 2013, 08:25
Oh ok, I live near Hasselt in Belgium.

eric
25th March 2013, 11:40
Ok, we have many members in belgium (flamands et wallons...).

hhugger
1st April 2013, 17:43
Countdown:
We are only 38 days of the big party SPORTSTER.

also:

It will attempt a World Record SPORTSTER.
1st. Intent: Thursday May 9, 2013 at 16 hours.
2nd. Try, Friday May 10, 2013, at 16:00.
Share this information with your friends.!!!!!!!!!

FACEBOOK SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE:
http://www.facebook.com/SPORTSTERCLUBDEFRANCE#!/SPORTSTERCLUBDEFRANCE

norseXL
1st April 2013, 18:06
Countdown:
We are only 38 days of the big party SPORTSTER.

Hopefully the freeze will loosen it's cold grip untill then, wake up to -10C every morning here and what the sun melts during the day is frozen solid over the night.

hhugger
2nd April 2013, 18:10
Hopefully the freeze will loosen it's cold grip untill then, wake up to -10C every morning here and what the sun melts during the day is frozen solid over the night.

Fortunately in the northern hemisphere and the spring came.

In Oberbronn, there is good weather.

For the beginning of the journey: dyed thermal boot covers.
To reach Oberbronn:tour:tour: shirt.:D:D:D:D:D

Countdown:
We are only 35 days of the big party SPORTSTER.:clap:clap:clap:clap

steelworker
2nd April 2013, 20:12
Fortunately in the northern hemisphere and the spring came.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but it's still fekkin cold here!

Folkie
2nd April 2013, 20:54
Spring? I thought that was just a myth?

hhugger
2nd April 2013, 23:10
Patience, patience, we'll get to it.:smoke:smoke

As he told the dentist to the patient, when he extracted the tooth healthy.
jejejejeje.:D:D

hhugger
3rd April 2013, 06:54
Photographs of OBERBRONN:
https://www.google.cl/search?q=oberbronn&hl=es&rlz=1C1SAVA_enCL505CL505&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OaxbUe2XB4ni4AO3z4CwDw&sqi=2&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

Photographs of STRASBURG (52 KMS Oberbronn):
https://www.google.cl/search?q=FOTOS+DE+LA+CIUDAD+DE+STRASBURG+FRANCIA&hl=es&rlz=1C1SAVA_enCL505CL505&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=abVbUbPBAubp0gHdo4CYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

hhugger
5th April 2013, 17:23
The SCF has a new partner, to help riders on the route.;);)

"a nouveau partenaire: The Police Nationale" (FRANCE)

Source:
Sponsors & partenaires Concentre SCF 2013
Posted: Wed 3 Apr - 16:34

steelworker
5th April 2013, 17:44
The SCF has a new partner, to help riders on the route.;);)

"a nouveau partenaire: The Police Nationale" (FRANCE)

:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan:laugh:laugh

eric
5th April 2013, 22:34
Ohlins France too. :)

eric
5th April 2013, 22:37
Ohlins new partner too. :)

norseXL
5th April 2013, 23:20
Ohlins new partner too. :)

Great, just put a pair on mine :)

Tore

chrissenator
15th April 2013, 22:49
Hey Tore, what route are you going to take to france?.

Would you ride down Sweeden and ferry to Germany or via Køben?.

norseXL
15th April 2013, 22:56
Hey Tore, what route are you going to take to france?.

Would you ride down Sweeden and ferry to Germany or via Køben?.

I'm going down to Malmø (but not on the bloody E6) and the tunnel to Copenhagen, then the ferry to Puttgarten, after that, who knows since I will take small roads to get there.
Will start Saturday and arrive Thursday, using the time to just stray around :)

chrissenator
15th April 2013, 23:16
Ok Im in a slow process here figuring out a bit here and there to see what can suddently be possible.

Are you sleeping in hotels, tent or?.

norseXL
15th April 2013, 23:23
Ok Im in a slow process here figuring out a bit here and there to see what can suddently be possible.

Are you sleeping in hotels, tent or?.

At the meeting I have paid for room and food, going there I will just drop in to some cheap Hotel on the countryside when the evening comes.
I don't like to plan, my SO does that all the time so it's nice to not have to.
Guess I will bring a tent just in case though.

tjolkman
15th April 2013, 23:45
I've put a message on the SON forum to convince more people.
Hopefully, it works out.
I read the thread on the SON-Forum.
Sorry, but I am on my ship at that time.

hhugger
16th April 2013, 04:30
1st. International Sportster Meeting.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Let's be part of history.!!!!!!!

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7636/16abrilquedan22dias.jpg

JackAttack
16th April 2013, 07:40
I'll be heading out from K-town Thursday morning if anyone wants to convoy. Haven't decided whether or not we will be staying the night (wife and kids will be following in the car).

RoelVP
16th April 2013, 07:49
I'll be heading out from K-town Thursday morning if anyone wants to convoy. Haven't decided whether or not we will be staying the night (wife and kids will be following in the car).

K-town?

JackAttack
16th April 2013, 07:52
K-town?

Sorry, Kaiserslautern Germany area.

tich
16th April 2013, 12:14
As the Grimaud (St tropez) Harley party, is the wk end before. Is anybody riding up from there?

steelworker
16th April 2013, 13:29
Some of the French (and, I believe, FrenchAndy) will be riding up fom the south.

tich
16th April 2013, 14:14
Some of the French (and, I believe, FrenchAndy) will be riding up fom the south.

Chears. Ill PM him.

eric
16th April 2013, 17:04
maybe I see you in Grimaud. I leave very near in Nice :tour

tich
16th April 2013, 19:49
Brilliant. Will you be carrying a mobile phone?
If so Please PM me the number and my lady will call when we get to Grimaud.
Do you know "Bruno" from Nice with a white BT ( perhaps a Heritage?)

hhugger
18th April 2013, 19:13
Countdown: :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9489/20das18abr2013.jpg
Source; SCF.

bplinson
18th April 2013, 19:52
Wife and I took a ride yesterday, me on the Road Glide and she on the Sporty. I was so nervous that she would have an accident on it and I would not be able to come on it. She did great though. She does not ride often so I always get nervous when she rides herself.

I am really looking forward to this event.

RoelVP
19th April 2013, 06:57
It's going to be a blast!
I wonder how many sporties will come.
There are quite a lot registered, but I assume a lot more will come as "visitor" for 1 or 2 days.

steelworker
20th April 2013, 00:34
Your arrival:
Camping "Oasis" is signposted in the village. There is only one road through the village ... the D28 ...
- Either you go through the village from the northeast (beware of the cobblestones!) on the D28, as you leave the town, take the first left (Rue Frohret) to Camping L'Oasis + Fitness Centre.
If you approach the town from the southwest, turn right before the entrance to the village, near the "House of the Storks", into Rue Frohret to Camping L'Oasis + Fitness Centre.

Whether you arrive on Wednesday 8 or Thursday 9 May, the Sportster Club de France tent will be at the campground entrance close to the campsite reception. You can not miss it.

Join us in the tent, the rally staff will tell you which cabin you occupy, give you your rally wallet (containing meal tickets, etc) and you can see the program of your stay.

For those arriving on the Wednesday...
- A meal will be served for a small fee of 11.50 euros - buffet, dessert, coffee, etc. Don't worry, take your time on the road - we will wait for you.

- Additional night will cost 20 euros, including breakfast Thursday morning (pay at the SCF tent on arrival).

A reminder that all participants must bring their own sheets or sleeping bags!

YOUR STAY:
Arrivals on Wednesday or Thursday ...
For the record Guiness record attempt you will be asked to bring your Sportster on Thursday morning to the "Sportster Guinessbook" parking lot we will direct you to.

From Wednesday 8 May test rides of the Harley range are available thanks to our partner HARLEY DAVIDSON FRANCE and their "Experience Tour" truck.

BREAKFAST:
Your chalets are equipped with a kitchen, refrigerator, etc. We will leave in the chalets everything you need to make your breakfast for your entire stay (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, sugar, butter, jam, juice, whisky, etc, etc)

Every morning, from 07.00, you can pick up fresh bread and pastries at the campsite reception, where the SCF rally staff will be waiting.
If you were to miss anything .. please go to the tent of the SCF ...
For those coming in Camping Car ... the same "board lot" (butter, milk, jam) will be available for you at the SCF tent.

GAS / PETROL:
We have warned the gas station in the village. They will ensure they have their tanks full. The village gas station in Oberbronn is at 22 Rue Niederbronn.

GROCERY, TOBACCO SHOP (look for the TABAC sign - you can't buy fags anywhere else in France but TABAC shops!), BAKERY, PIZZERIA, RESTAURANT will be open throughout our stay... in the village centre.

PLAY AREA (for those who come with children)...
The campsite has a beautiful playground ...
And 10 km away is an amusement park (for children)... Didiland Morsbronn - Gunstett

There will be an "aperitif des regions" on the Friday night. Bring your regional drink and/or food specialty... in quantity! because we will certainly have some guests... our sponsors/partners!

Another question on the possibility of obtaining sheets... there is a possibility to buy paper camping sheets. They are not comfortable! ... but it is possible if you want to travel with minimal luggage.

p.s.: I made up the bit about whisky being provided in the chalets. Unfortunately, you have to bring your own! :p

bplinson
20th April 2013, 21:24
What time do we need to be there on thursday for the World Record attempt?

steelworker
20th April 2013, 22:21
Dunno Bert, but I've asked the question on the SCF site.

RoelVP
20th April 2013, 23:16
at 16:00 on thursday anf friday (second attempt)

steelworker
21st April 2013, 00:40
Thanks Roel!

Sleeper
21st April 2013, 00:57
SCF?

WHAT THE HELL!!! :wonderlan
http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/showthread.php?11439-European-SPORTSTER-Meeting-1st-International-SPORTSTER-MEETING-OBERBRONN-FRANCE/page3
It's a European conspiracy to show up all of us American Sportster riders.

hhugger
23rd April 2013, 01:19
SCF=SPORTSTER CLUB DE FRANCE.!!!!

WEB: http://sportster-club-france.leforum.eu/portal.php

something more:

http://www.harley-strasbourg.com/5eme-concentre-sportster-club-de-france/

:clap:clap:clap

beuz
23rd April 2013, 10:05
Sorry guys, i will not be there.
I've got another great meeting where I'm going every year.

Last year report :
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=1477083
http://www.hangardesceltes.fr/KOSS%202012.htm

http://www.hangardesceltes.fr/Affiches/KOSS%202013.jpg

hhugger
24th April 2013, 05:12
Countdown:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2591/23abril201315150715.jpg

come on, you can!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

steelworker
24th April 2013, 08:47
Sorry guys, i will not be there.
I've got another great meeting where I'm going every year.

That looks good, Beuz. Maybe I'll try to get over there next year. :)

hhugger
25th April 2013, 00:00
ANOTHER GOOD SPONSOR:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7452/pronosticodeltiempoober.jpg

:tour:tour:tour:tour:tour

steelworker
25th April 2013, 00:09
ANOTHER GOOD SPONSOR:

Weather provided by GOD? :laugh It's looking pretty good!

hhugger
29th April 2013, 05:02
Weather provided by GOD? :laugh It's looking pretty good!

Yeeeeeees.!!!!

Countdown:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6154/9190109quedan9das.jpg

sep69
29th April 2013, 11:42
Ah crap... My bike's still at twinmotorcycles waiting for new valves.
Don't think i'm going to make it :(

hhugger
29th April 2013, 13:20
There are already 80 people (confirmed) that will arrive on Wednesday, May 8, the day before.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

The atmosphere is fantastic.!!:D:D:D:D:D

steelworker
29th April 2013, 13:42

Bummer. Tell Dris and Martin to pull their finger out! :)

norseXL
29th April 2013, 17:10

That's to bad, hope it works out.

hhugger
1st May 2013, 22:13
There are already 80 people (confirmed) that will arrive on Wednesday, May 8, the day before.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

The atmosphere is fantastic.!!:D:D:D:D:D

Countdown:

SEVEN DAYS.:clap:clap

steelworker
1st May 2013, 22:32
I'm taking the Eurotunnel Saturday morning. Heading toward Colmar for a few days before the rally to ride the southern end of the Vosges mountains, where, on the Michelin map, seemingly every road is very twisty and has a green "scenic route" stripe alongside it. :D

norseXL
3rd May 2013, 23:50
Well I just can't wait pointing my nose south, this is what the wind shield on one of our customers looked like when coming in today :(
Anyway, Sunday morning I'm out of here :clap

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/525226_638094082883064_1966452755_n.jpg

hhugger
5th May 2013, 02:03
CountDown:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1853/3diasy21horas.jpg

rottenralph
5th May 2013, 02:09
Wish I was in Europe. I would be there for sure. I loved traveling by Bike during my years over in Wiesbaden.

hhugger
6th May 2013, 04:22
News!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img541/1654/paperel.jpg

steelworker
6th May 2013, 16:40
Signing in from a hotel in Mulhouse. Had some clutch trouble yesterday - getting increasingly difficult to find gears, clutch dragging a bit - but, magically, it's a lot better today (though far from perfect). I have a suspicion that the throwout bearing may be heading south. I'm just around the corner from the local dealer, so I'll call in there when they open tomorrow to see if they have one or can get one fast.
It can't be the spring plate, 'cos I already replaced that, but I should possibly have fitted a new bearing to cope with the +15% spring.

steelworker
6th May 2013, 20:02
Well I just can't wait pointing my nose south, this is what the wind shield on one of our customers looked like when coming in today :(
Anyway, Sunday morning I'm out of here :clap

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/525226_638094082883064_1966452755_n.jpg

Is that a fricken ice storm? If you get to read this, Tore, it's a lot warmer down here, though there's still a little snow on the top of the higher mountains if you need to cool off.

steelworker
6th May 2013, 20:12
Wish I was in Europe. I would be there for sure. I loved traveling by Bike during my years over in Wiesbaden.

Wiesbaden's not far from the rally site, Ralph - about the same distance north from it as I am South right now.

For any petrolheads that make it to this corner of France, I cannot recommend highly enough the Cité de l'Automobile at Mulhouse. It has to be one of the most incredible collections of automobiles ever assembled. I just didn't know where to look next. There's rare (possibly unique) pioneer vehicles, iconic luxury cars from the twenties and thirties, race cars through the ages, and dozens - maybe 100 - Bugattis. :wonderlan

bplinson
6th May 2013, 21:38
Speyer is nearby also and has some nice antique cars. Plus they have a 747 up on a platform and the Kelley Family's boat!

http://speyer.technik-museum.de/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7871&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=4271be54ca29c4e8f16676872950598c

norseXL
6th May 2013, 21:45
That
Weather improved, I am in Lybeck now :):)

Sent from my ST17i using Tapatalk 2

skien
7th May 2013, 00:10
Hope you all take a lot of pic,s. Looken forward to seeing you all and the event.

norseXL
7th May 2013, 17:55
Damn, rain most of the way down to Kassel. Hope it get better :-(

JackAttack
7th May 2013, 19:32
Is there a certain place that XLF members are going to try and meet up? I'm heading out early Thursday morning and would like to meet some of you.

chrissenator
7th May 2013, 19:34
Have a great trip norse..

Misunner deg den turen det e sikkert som banken!... :D

Safe tour and have fun.

bplinson
7th May 2013, 20:03

Sunny here in Kaiserslautern, Seems like we are getting rain until noon and then it clears up.

bplinson
7th May 2013, 20:04
Is there a certain place that XLF members are going to try and meet up? I'm heading out early Thursday morning and would like to meet some of you.

I am sure we will all meet. Maybe we can have Eric set something up.

RoelVP
7th May 2013, 20:06

Could be interesting, indeed.

JackAttack
7th May 2013, 20:08

That would be cool...I'm trying to avoid the awkwardness of walking around all day listening for english speaking people then asking "xlf?" :laugh

steelworker
7th May 2013, 20:09

Forecast for tomorrow is sunny and 22 degrees; Thursday showers; then dry again after that. I went for a ride over the southern end of the Vosges mountains today, and it was sunny but still chilly higher up (still a fair bit of snow in places) but Oberbronn is not as high, and at lower levels it feels very warm.

JackAttack, I'm just gonna turn up. It may be a good idea to tell the organisers on arrival that you're an XLF member and I'm sure they'll point out where others are lodged. See you there!

Myles

bplinson
7th May 2013, 20:33
My offer is still open for anyone who needs a place to stay on Wednesday night. Just PM me or email at bplinson@gmail.com

bplinson
7th May 2013, 22:33
I should be easy to find. I will be the ugly guy with a black jacket with the left arm in digital camo. Big US ARMY patch on the back.

hhugger
8th May 2013, 00:34
Countdown:

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/1247/23horas.jpg

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

RoelVP
8th May 2013, 07:43
Almost almost!
In 23 hours I'll be on the road towards Oberbronn.

steelworker
8th May 2013, 08:34
I'll be there some time this afternoon. :tour:)

bplinson
8th May 2013, 11:14
Sun is shining in Southwest Germany!!

norseXL
8th May 2013, 15:43
Pretty fair weather in Rhein valley, sun is breaking thru :-D

JackAttack
8th May 2013, 20:31
Looks like I won't be making it to this. I had a little adventure getting my bike inspected today and I no longer have plates and my bike is sitting in the inspection station parking lot. I ranted about it in the general sportster forum.

Have fun, ride safe.

RoelVP
8th May 2013, 20:39
Damn, that sucks!
What a day to go for inspection ...
Hopefully you can get it back soon!

JackAttack
8th May 2013, 20:41
Damn, that sucks!
What a day to go for inspection ...
Hopefully you can get it back soon!

The first thing my wife said was "what in the hell possessed you to do this the day before your trip to France"?....I just hung my head

RoelVP
8th May 2013, 20:56
Well, I was thinking the same thing.
On the other hand, I don't know how inspection works in your country, so I thought: "He probably was obligated to go, otherwise he would have gotten a fine".

You'll learn from your mistakes ... sadly

Geekster
11th May 2013, 21:45
My wife and I just returned from a 3-day trip to the Sportster meeting in Oberbronn. What a gorgeous area to be riding! And boy, so many Sporties no matter where you headed! :banana

KSWind
12th May 2013, 01:04
I stopped by for about an hour Friday afternoon. Lots of nice bikes. The ride from K-town was amazing too.

bplinson
12th May 2013, 08:59
Dang!! I wish I would have been able to meet you guys. I was there from Thursday morning until yesterday evening. I go back to Kaiserslautern at about 2000.

THe group ride out yesterday was LONG!!! I think we went over 200 KM.

Next year we will have to organize better so that we can all me up and have a meet at the meet!

Bad news is we did not break the world record. Was not even close!

norseXL
12th May 2013, 21:44
Stuck in Kassel, rear tyre exploaded on autobahn :-S Bike stayed on the wheels happyly

steelworker
12th May 2013, 22:04
Crap news, but glad you're ok, Tore. Can you find a potential source for a new tyre?

steelworker
12th May 2013, 22:06
Geekster and KSWind, sorry we didn't all meet up, but it was good to finally meet Tore, Tich and Di and, of course, Bert.

norseXL
12th May 2013, 22:55
Crap news, but glad you're ok, Tore. Can you find a potential source for a new tyre?

The rescue company are going to call around tomorrow and bring my bike to whoever has a tyre. Luckyly there is a HD dealer in town so a 16 90 130 should be easy to find. :)

tich
12th May 2013, 23:52
Pleased to hear you stayed upright Tore!!!!:tour

We got back at 18.20 This evening after our 3,500mile extravaganza.
Great time and as Steelworker said, a pleasure to meet everyone.
Black Sheep and H Hugger and his lady were there Hugger all the way from Chile!!
Im looking forward to another excuse to meet up.

A big thankyou to French Andy for sorting out the Tyres, his freindship & hospitalty.
What a fantastick Time Di and I have had.:tour:banana:banadanc

bplinson
13th May 2013, 06:46
Well that suck Tore but I am glad that you did not go down.

Was great to see everyone and I look forward to doing it again next year!

Here is Steelworker and tich duking it out!

http://youtu.be/MSIVEgxbOXs

ColinB
13th May 2013, 09:04
:laugh Great video. I'm pleased you all had a good time... and also that NorseXL kept it shiney-side up.

I'm looking forward to lots of piccies.

bplinson
13th May 2013, 09:39
Here is one of the very unique Sportys at the meet. The owner also has a nice IH.

norseXL
13th May 2013, 11:42
So, no tyre today :(
Stuck in this hotel til tomorrow.
Just glad it did not happened on the way down, missing it all :)
Now you guys have to post pics from the meeting to keep me entertained.

tich
13th May 2013, 14:46
Good luck with the tyre Tore.
An enforced chill out raerly feels like a chill out at all!

Burts Vid made me chuckle all over again.:D

Thorin Oakenshield beets Shmeagul two falls to one.:clap:o

norseXL
13th May 2013, 15:07
Good luck with the tyre Tore.
An enforced chill out raerly feels like a chill out at all!

Thanks Tich. I've gott cabin feewer allready.
Nice vid, I did miss out on that match :)

steelworker
13th May 2013, 17:06

A low centre of gravity and a weight advantage helps. Any comments about not really needing a suit will be treated with the contempt they deserve. :rolleyes::p

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:19
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/bplinson/Sportster%20Club%20de%20France%20-%202013/FATTIRESPORTY.jpg (http://s375.photobucket.com/user/bplinson/media/Sportster%20Club%20de%20France%20-%202013/FATTIRESPORTY.jpg.html)

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:27
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7324/8735972408_816670f2ee_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735972408/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735972408/) by GermanyBert (http://www.flickr.com/people/germanybert/), on Flickr

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:28
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/8735974002_5da65705b0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735974002/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735974002/) by GermanyBert (http://www.flickr.com/people/germanybert/), on Flickr

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:29
From left to right. Mrs. HHugger (from Chili), Mrs Tich (Dee - From Wales), Tich.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/8734860663_c8bd4698c1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8734860663/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8734860663/) by GermanyBert (http://www.flickr.com/people/germanybert/), on Flickr

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:30
HHugger (from Chili) and ME

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7293/8735980598_4aa95763d7_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735980598/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8735980598/) by GermanyBert (http://www.flickr.com/people/germanybert/), on Flickr

bplinson
13th May 2013, 18:40
Left to right: Bon (Japan), Me (USA/Germany), Charles (The Netherlands), HHugger (Chili)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7313/8734900011_295fe37fc3_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8734900011/)
FranceSPortsterMeetInternationalFriends (http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanybert/8734900011/) by GermanyBert (http://www.flickr.com/people/germanybert/), on Flickr

shotgun46
13th May 2013, 19:24
awesome ! " )

steelworker
13th May 2013, 21:26
Some pics of the team...

Tich and Di
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Alsace%202013/SCF%20Concentration%20Oberbronn/P5100334_zps22f34d25.jpg

Bert !!!
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Alsace%202013/SCF%20Concentration%20Oberbronn/P5100335_zps5e445b9e.jpg

Stopping for lunch. From left to right: Tore (NorseXL), Tastu and Josu. It turned out that none of us like riding in large groups, so we went off to play on the twisty local roads.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Alsace%202013/SCF%20Concentration%20Oberbronn/P5100346_zps051fa669.jpg

If we had been pulled over for speeding, I'm sure the police would have taken one look at these licence plates, considered the paperwork facing them, and decided that perhaps it was not worth pursuing. From left to right: Norwegian, British, French-Corsican (ridden by a Basque from the French side of the Basque region) and Spanish (ridden by a Basque from the Spanish side of the Basque region). :)
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/steelworker/Alsace%202013/SCF%20Concentration%20Oberbronn/P5100347_zps1c213119.jpg

RoelVP
13th May 2013, 21:45
Hmm, do you know who the Spanish guy was?
When going for dinner on Thursday evening we stopped at a bar in town where he was too, and I noticed his lights still being on.
He appreciated me letting him know.

I was most of the time together with the people from SON (Charles is the owner, see pictures above).
I did meet HHugger and his wife, wonderful people, Bon from Japan (see pictures above again), and had a short chat with Bert at the gas station after our visit to Strassbourg.

I'll post some pictures later on.

steelworker
13th May 2013, 21:56
Hmm, do you know who the Spanish guy was?

His name's Josu, and he's on the SCF forum. Nice bloke!

steelworker
13th May 2013, 22:51
Tore, I posted on the SCF forum about your mishap. Tastu and others send their best wishes to you! Good luck for tomorrow, mate.

norseXL
14th May 2013, 08:14
Tore, I posted on the SCF forum about your mishap. Tastu and others send their best wishes to you! Good luck for tomorrow, mate.

Tell them I said thanks Myles, jepp I'm hoping to get rolling again today :)

norseXL
14th May 2013, 21:00
Fixed the tyre, good to be rolling again :cool:

steelworker
14th May 2013, 21:03
:D Glad to hear it.

tich
14th May 2013, 21:17
Fixed the tyre, good to be rolling again :cool:

Good.:tour Have an enjoyable ride. Or more likley (unless your looking at the XL Forum while riding, and that just aint rite!!:wonderlan)

Here's hoping you had an enjoyable ride back.

All the best to ya'.

norseXL
14th May 2013, 21:33
Good.:tour Have an enjoyable ride. Or more likley (unless your looking at the XL Forum while riding, and that just aint rite!!:wonderlan)

Here's hoping you had an enjoyable ride back.

All the best to ya'.

No Tich, I'm not riding and reading :D
I'm having dinner in Lybeck at the moment actually, going to be a long stretch tomorrow all the way home.
Say hi to the missus from me, was so nice seeing you, I'm glad this incident did not happend on the way down, then we would not met.

Tore

tich
14th May 2013, 21:48
Di sais "Hi".
It shore was great to meet everyone. it was like meeting old friends for the first time!!
But I guess thats just what it was. Strange and wonderfull new world.:D
Bon-apetite.

norseXL
14th May 2013, 21:51
Di sais "Hi".
It shore was great to meet everyone. it was like meeting old friends for the first time!!
But I guess thats just what it was. Strange and wonderfull new world.:D
Bon-apetite.

:beer::cool:

hhugger
16th May 2013, 09:12
Hello dear friends.
How nice it was to have met. !!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
Jeannette and I even traveling Netherlands.;);)

Note:
Translation On Line