PDA

View Full Version : In need of biker friends

bassrodder
2nd March 2014, 04:16
Anyone in utah county that wanna be my new biker friends? :) im 19 and live in the highland/af area

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Mosey
2nd March 2014, 06:17
Are you certain that's really what you want? Be careful what you wish for.

When you get biker friends they're gonna come over and annoy and frighten yer neighbors, do burnouts on yer lawn and park their suicide machines in yer driveway where they will stain the concrete with oil spots like a dalmation's pelt. They're constantly spitting and swearing and belching when they're not drinking all yer beer.

If ya let 'em in yer house, the bastards will clean out the fridge, smoke all yer stuff and flirt shamelessly with yer wimmenfolk. And they fart. lawdy how them bikers love to fart. Perhaps it's due the the beans & franks diet needed to afford parts for their motorsickles. When they can't afford parts they will steal them off your bike!

Here's a pic of a guy that I know that would definitely be yer friend. Whatcha say, Fishy?

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z391/ShacknastyBF3/Born%20Free%204/IMG_1477.jpg (http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/ShacknastyBF3/media/Born%20Free%204/IMG_1477.jpg.html)

brianbbs67
2nd March 2014, 06:23

When you get biker friends they're gonna come over and annoy and frighten yer neighbors, do burnouts on yer lawn and park their suicide machines in yer driveway where they will stain the concrete with oil spots like a dalmation's pelt. They're constantly spitting and swearing and belching when they're not drinking all yer beer.

If ya let 'em in yer house, the bastards will clean out the fridge, smoke all yer stuff and flirt shamelessly with yer wimmenfolk. And they fart. lawdy how them bikers love to fart. Perhaps it's due the the beans & franks diet needed to afford parts for their motorsickles. When they can't afford parts they will steal them off your bike!

Here's a pic of a guy that I know that would definitely be yer friend. Whatcha say, Fishy?

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z391/ShacknastyBF3/Born%20Free%204/IMG_1477.jpg (http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/ShacknastyBF3/media/Born%20Free%204/IMG_1477.jpg.html)

I could be a friend, but he's still not getting my last Bud Light!:laugh

Mosey
6th March 2014, 05:15
So...have ya found any riding buddies?

brianbbs67
6th March 2014, 05:22
So...have ya found any riding buddies?

:laugh You ain't right, Mosey!

bassrodder
6th March 2014, 07:31
Ive got a coworker who started riding with me, but he rides a bullet bike haha. Still, its a start haha.

AnaChris
6th March 2014, 07:38
Ive got a coworker who started riding with me, but he rides a bullet bike haha. Still, its a start haha.

sounds like you need some upgrades my friend :tour

Mosey
6th March 2014, 07:41

He will wise up eventually. I've got a couple buddies that I'm waiting for them to return from the sportbike world. It is kinda boring riding a bike that will do 60mph in first gear on the street in today's traffic. An old dude told me a looong time ago that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. That old fart was spot-on, lemme tell ya.

If ya decide to come out west for sumpin', y'all gots to look me up. Born Free #6 would be a very excellent reason! I have a campsite reserved nearby...

JohnK
6th March 2014, 08:07
... It is kinda boring riding a bike that will do 60mph in first gear on the street in today's traffic. An old dude told me a looong time ago that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. That old fart was spot-on, lemme tell ya.

That pretty much sums it up, well said! Don't worry about finding friends, you'll have more than you'll know what to do with before you realize it. In the mean time enjoy the ride... well, after the snow melts :p

EDIT: oh hell you guys are in the south west y'all haven't even seen snow other than in a Margarita glass :p

XLXR
6th March 2014, 08:19

TOO FUNNY, and too familiar.

Eric Von Zipper
6th March 2014, 12:53
When I rode to and from SLC a few years ago, I hung out at the Barbary Coast Bar & Grill. Nicest biker scum Ive ever met. Funny part was I was on a brand new Trumpet Bonnie, didnt matter one bit

Mosey
9th March 2014, 05:42
When I rode to and from SLC a few years ago, I hung out at the Barbary Coast Bar & Grill. Nicest biker scum Ive ever met. Funny part was I was on a brand new Trumpet Bonnie, didnt matter one bit

Well there ya go! Biker scum right in yer backyard...

sportsterdoc
9th March 2014, 07:27
An old dude told me a looong time ago that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow.

I don't need to ride fast...well, not much over 100, but acceleration has no substitute.

sportsterdoc
9th March 2014, 07:31
you guys are in the south west y'all haven't even seen snow

Not true! NW of Vegas, Mt Charleston (12K feet) is snow capped, about 30 miles from home.
OTOH it was 52 when I went outside about 7 AM
By noon it was in the 70s...but the snow caps sure look pretty
(Nevada = snow capped in Spanish)

SoCalKolohe
9th March 2014, 09:04
I know exactly what you mean. I bought my bike a little over a year ago when I was 20 and it was really hard to find friends to ride with. I have basically given up on meeting people even close to our age. The best luck I've had is to frequent the local biker hangouts/ bars and just meeting people on the road. I have met some awesome friends, the majority of which are double our age, but regardless they are full of knowledge and awesome stories.

If you're ever out on California let's ride.

harleycharley
2nd January 2015, 08:07
hello from salt lake county to utah county. I as well have been around the state and near by states with no luck. but it's all good it's all for the "ride" dosen't hurt having fellow riders also haha. I ride everywhere the road takes my scoot north, south, east, west, i'm down to ride with fellow state riders and like wise.

JohnK
4th January 2015, 07:36
Riding alone is enjoyable.

No shortage of riding folk in my neck of the woods though, local hangout is only a few minutes from my place... and it's a coffee shop not a bar so I don't have to worry about riding with a drunk beside me.

I've met quite a few great people from this forum as well, but they're typically at least a few hour's ride away so planning is involved.