PDA

View Full Version : riding with peripherial neuropathy.

davesz1r
22nd May 2014, 22:30
Any other members living with peripherial neuropathy?

Folkie
4th June 2014, 20:34
Can you tell us more about the condition Dave?

davesz1r
4th June 2014, 20:48
Degenerative nerve desease, starts in the feet in most people. loss of normal feeling and extreme electric shock type pain. also some loss of strength and mobility. it can also affect the heart and digestive muscles. mine is feet, legs and stomach. Kinda hard to ride but i will never stop as long as i am able.

rocketmangb
4th June 2014, 21:00
Common in diabetics
Mine is not horrible or maybe I ignore it.

davesz1r
4th June 2014, 21:07
Common in diabetics
Mine is not horrible or maybe I ignore it.
Guess we have more in common than I thaught. Since there is no treatment yet that is not worse than the condition and does not help with the symptoms, ignoring it seems to be the way to go. It's amazing what you can live with when you have to.

Folkie
4th June 2014, 21:09
That sounds really shitty Dave. Good for you for not giving up. A friend of mine has Fibromyalgia. She got to the sage where she could no longer ride a solo, but wouldn't give up riding, so she triked her bike (Triumph Legend).

rocketmangb
4th June 2014, 21:25
Lyrica makes me sick as Hell !

cHarley04
4th June 2014, 21:35
Guess we have more in common than I thaught. Since there is no treatment yet that is not worse than the condition and does not help with the symptoms, ignoring it seems to be the way to go. It's amazing what you can live with when you have to.

+1 - Another one here.

The Masshole
4th June 2014, 21:37
Good for you all for stick to the Ride!

I had a stroke caused by an 85 percent blockage in the left artery (yep a stroke) at 43 and lost a little more than half the vision in my left eye, and that one simple little thing actually made me want to ride... blind or not, I needed to be living..
plus I got the really cool scar running down my neck.. and when people ask "what happened?"
I get to say (in my most serious voice) "Let's just say, never ask a midget hooker for half off cause she's only half size, cause they get really pissed!!"

Anyway..keep riding...

davesz1r
4th June 2014, 21:45
When people ask me why I walk like an old man {well older} and I tell them they always tell me thats terrible you poor thing. my standard reply is, well nobodys perfect.

Matty
4th June 2014, 22:05
I got the really cool scar running down my neck.. and when people ask "what happened?"
I get to say (in my most serious voice) "Let's just say, never ask a midget hooker for half off cause she's only half size, cause they get really pissed!!"

:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

mikemc13
24th June 2014, 02:02
dave i feel your pain, i have ms, similar symptoms with pain,mobility, and cognitive issues. it sounds like your condition is nerve endings and mine is brain nerve issues, it sucks to have bad wiring but makes me even more thankful for every day i can still ride. im gonna have a cold one and drink to our health

marco427
17th August 2014, 13:36
I came out of five rounds of kick ass chemo with peripheral neuropathy, but after seven years, it's pretty well gone. However....soon after the toe pain, etc. set in, I began to lose strength in my feet. It reached a point about four years ago that rising up on the balls of my feet became impossible. It was only last year that I found the cause, a couple of destroyed discs in my lumbar spine.

Having no foot strength is not conducive to confidence in riding tall bikes, so my crotch rockets are gone, and I'm thinking about something really low.