PDA

View Full Version : Spring road trip in Europe

ice.xl.custom
4th March 2015, 13:05
Am gonna cross all Europe from Denmark to Portugal in the end of May.
My question is anyone did trips in Europe around this time. How is the weather, rain,cold warm?, and sugestions what to see and where to stop. I go throuth north of Europe. Thanks and save rides.

steelworker
4th March 2015, 13:52
How long do you have for your trip? And an approximate route?

RIORoosen
4th March 2015, 14:00
I've driven from Amsterdam down to the Barcelona and the south of France several times.
Lots to see and do along the way. It really is dependant on how much time you have to get from home to Portugal.
The weather will only be an issue (rain and a little cold) in NL, BE, L and through to the Bourgogne region in France, once you are below that you should be fine.

ice.xl.custom
4th March 2015, 14:39
my route is; 1st night bremen GE
2st night Charletoi BE
3st night Lemans FR
4st night bayonne FR
5st night Salamanca ES

stalkie
4th March 2015, 18:16
By the end of May it'll be warm enough but you might/might not get wet . I don't know how much time you've got but the scenery and riding is better if you travel east of Paris and cut across in the south. The Ardeche, Aveyron and the Mid Pyrenees has some of the best biking roads in Europe.

steelworker
4th March 2015, 19:32
By the end of May it'll be warm enough but you might/might not get wet . I don't know how much time you've got but the scenery and riding is better if you travel east of Paris and cut across in the south. The Ardeche, Aveyron and the Mid Pyrenees has some of the best biking roads in Europe.

Agreed. For fantastic roads and scenery, I'd recommend going down the east (via the Vosges in France or the Black Forest in Germany) and then cross over the massif or further south. It's a long and fairly boring drone across the north of France.

And yes, it should be reasonably warm, but it's still possible to get wet at the end of May.