PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Bike Show Sucked!!

jamnjc3
30th March 2008, 06:34
Well I wish some people would have been more enthusiastic on getting together at this weekends Gettysburg PA bike show at the Allstarsportcomplex. I walked the parkinglot twice and didnt see any other Nightsters there, but there were some rockin sporties...In the parking lot... What is up with shows saying there will be tons of vendors and tons of bikes and there is less than 2 dozen of both. WTF !!! In the bike show section there were maybee 15 bikes, 4 of them rockets. Not many vendors either just the usual old junk. Will there ever be a good bike show anywhere around MD PA VA???

Was anyone else there? What did you think? 10 admission plus 4 per beer. I dont like paying 14 per beer!

Ralphthe3rd
30th March 2008, 06:54
Well....I was headed there, but got as far as Harrisburg and decided it probably wasn't worth it and headed to SVHD for their MVP Open House, then rode around a bit. I figured Gettysburg was gonna suck...but thats too bad tho :(

:sporty:

GrumpyCoyote
30th March 2008, 07:08
That's pretty much how all bike shows seem to me.

Crowds of losers and wannabes, shitty bikes, lame vendors. I don't bother with them any more.

RMStaleyIV
30th March 2008, 14:18
That show was terrible. I definately did not get my 10$ worthn crappy vendor with the same old leather junk and maybe 3 custom bike companies. I wanted to look for parts for my bike but there were only 2 vendors there who had parts. I cannot believe the lack of bikes in the show and I really hate people who buy a chopper from another company and enter it in a bike show, you didn't build it buddy! you're just showing off someone else's creativity and passing it off as your own! Anyways total rip-off, but the ride there was great and there was a restraunt I went for lunch called The Pike, AWESOME FOOD highly recommended if you're every in Gettysburg!

Brad
30th March 2008, 14:39
I thought it was a waste. I got a couple of good pix, but it was not worth the price of admission.

shotgun46
30th March 2008, 15:22
I feel the same way about the one we just had here and today is the swap meet and I aint going to that either every thing in this town sucks lately !

Gone
30th March 2008, 15:59
Sorry to hear your show sucked. I went to one here in Kokkola, Finland (of all places) last weekend and it was actually: not bad. I ended up buying some small turn signals to replace my Jumbos for only 20Euros a pair. I took some pictures but didn't post 'em here because there was only 1 Sportster, but some other cool Harleys and Indians. I met some guys from the Kokko MC that put on the show. Good guys.
Here's an example:

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/kokkola_bike_show_008_s.jpg
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/kokkola_bike_show_019_s.jpg

mrjonjon77
30th March 2008, 19:12
I walked the parkinglot twice and didnt see any other Nightsters there, but there were some rockin sporties...In the parking lot...

I was there. I rode it too. It was in the lot!!

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Finished_Right.jpg

itgirl25
31st March 2008, 03:54
the bike show was what i pretty much expected it to be, and that was not much. i ended up going on sunday (sorry jamnjc, i wasn't avoiding you or anything). i had to work and things just came up on saturday for me. i drove there though, we had the kids with us. i'm a fair weather rider anyways, gotta be near 60 before i even think about riding.

bike events do pretty much suck in this area. we have no decent bike nights anywhere or bike shows. i even thought the carlisle bike show was kinda lame last year. i've pretty much just gotten used to the fact that bikes aren't a major attraction in this area. can't say i'm not disappointed though.

jamnjc3
31st March 2008, 18:50
That show was terrible. I definately did not get my 10$ worthn crappy vendor with the same old leather junk and maybe 3 custom bike companies. I wanted to look for parts for my bike but there were only 2 vendors there who had parts. I cannot believe the lack of bikes in the show and I really hate people who buy a chopper from another company and enter it in a bike show, you didn't build it buddy! you're just showing off someone else's creativity and passing it off as your own! Anyways total rip-off, but the ride there was great and there was a restraunt I went for lunch called The Pike, AWESOME FOOD highly recommended if you're every in Gettysburg!

Did you ride the mechanical Bull?? I lasted 4 seconds,lol. That was the best thing about the trip! Love The Pike. During Gettysburg bike week they have some adult only nights that get pretty wild. If your in gettysburg get directions and go. In the summer there are always at least 10 bikes in the parking lot and always good looking woman working there (married but still have eyes ya know). Hopefully for Gettysburg bike week a bunch of us should get together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Itgirl no offence taken Id just like some of us locals to get together some time. When its warmer we will all have to make plans to get together!!

jamnjc3
31st March 2008, 18:52

Were you on your Sporty?? I didnt see yours, did you see mine black N done up?

itgirl25
31st March 2008, 21:10
Did you ride the mechanical Bull?? I lasted 4 seconds,lol. That was the best thing about the trip! Love The Pike. During Gettysburg bike week they have some adult only nights that get pretty wild. If your in gettysburg get directions and go. In the summer there are always at least 10 bikes in the parking lot and always good looking woman working there (married but still have eyes ya know). Hopefully for Gettysburg bike week a bunch of us should get together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Itgirl no offence taken Id just like some of us locals to get together some time. When its warmer we will all have to make plans to get together!!

i'd love to get together once it gets warmer. my in-laws have a concession trialer they put up at bike week every year, so i am there more than one night. definately hafta hook up for that. i think some of the folks here get together for the carlisle bike show as well. we'll soon have plenty of time to ride. i'll be sure to keep ya in mind.

i heard the pike was so busy friday night that they actually stopped seating people and the kitchen was waaay backed up. is that right?

AOW
31st March 2008, 21:36
Seems odd to me that you'd be disappointed to not see other N's there. I thought the whole idea was to be a little different from every other bike out there.

jamnjc3
1st April 2008, 09:49
Seems odd to me that you'd be disappointed to not see other N's there. I thought the whole idea was to be a little different from every other bike out there.

I try to make everything about it different but soo do other people and its cool that we all started with the same base model and to see the different directions people took with their NIGHTSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nightsters Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:clap:banana:banadanc:tour:doh:clap:p:laugh: ):wonderlan:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

jamnjc3
1st April 2008, 09:52
i'd love to get together once it gets warmer. my in-laws have a concession trialer they put up at bike week every year, so i am there more than one night. definately hafta hook up for that. i think some of the folks here get together for the carlisle bike show as well. we'll soon have plenty of time to ride. i'll be sure to keep ya in mind.

i heard the pike was so busy friday night that they actually stopped seating people and the kitchen was waaay backed up. is that right?

I was there saturday not friday ( I think you meant Saturday??) I didnt know that. We ate around 6 so it wasnt too backed up yet but there were a TON of people there!

jamnjc3
1st April 2008, 09:55

Thats like saying that people with 1970 Camaro RS's shouldnt be dissapointed to see other RS's at a car show. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better looking than the standards and the ss's! What the heck is up with you frickin N bashers, oh thats right your jealous!! LOL !!!!:clap

itgirl25
1st April 2008, 13:47

what a silly post. my nightster is unique because it is mine, whether it's custom or bone stock. nothing wrong with wanting to see other people's N's.

I was there saturday not friday ( I think you meant Saturday??) I didnt know that. We ate around 6 so it wasnt too backed up yet but there were a TON of people there!

duh! yeah, i meant saturday. that's how my whole weekend was. didn't know if i was coming or going.