PDA

View Full Version : Greece, Athens. Prices and where to look for bikes?

kane
7th November 2016, 14:58
I'm looking at a job in Athens Greece an was wondering about the prices and availability of Sportsters there. Are there a local buy/sell page like CL in Greece?
And how's riding in Athens?

jharback
7th November 2016, 15:27
Traffic in Athens is worse than anything you've seen in the States. Maybe not so much the number of cars as the driving habits. Although, generally speaking they are much better at "seeing" bikes than they are in the States.

oilly1
7th November 2016, 16:44
Riding may be crazy, but it is going to be a lot warmer in Greece than in Norway, so good luck with the job and hope you find a nice bike. Maybe you can get a good deal there.

VaFish
10th November 2016, 14:17
I thought Greece was in the middle of a big recession, huge unemployment, government cutbacks, ect..... They have jobs for foreigners there?

kane
23rd November 2016, 10:54
I thought Greece was in the middle of a big recession, huge unemployment, government cutbacks, ect..... They have jobs for foreigners there?

Lots of foreign companies have established call centers in Greece and Spain, just because of the recession. They offer high salery compared to the where you are, but conciderably lower than if the office was located in for instance Norway. For us living in the cold north, working a place where it's warm, earning a little bit better than the locals, is like a long "sydenferie", vacation in the south :clap