PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 weeks 'til clutch lever pull !

Bama Lee XLC
4th April 2019, 22:36
said my ortho surgeon this morning before he did C.T. surgery on my left inner wrist and metacarpal middle joint cleanout / multi bone spur removal from where my middle finger meets the back of my left hand.

had 2 operations on the same side and need 2 on the other side when i'm healed from today.
requested doing 2 sides twice instead of 4 different operations.

all went quite well and the fingers work.....so it's just a matter of time and patience......y'all wish me well please ! :clap

IXL2Relax
4th April 2019, 23:24
Wishing you well !!!! As requested :geek ;) :clap

I had both wrists done at the same time for Carpal Tunnel - Continued my computer consulting with just a bit more care but no down time...

Mine was much better afterward, but repetetive actions will still bring on discomfort - it just doesn't go dead like before... Take some breaks to minimize the onset of further damage...

IXL _______ >>>> My Motorcyle Chronicles Are Here <<<< (http://thecyberzoo.com/kt-ridereports.html)

Bama Lee XLC
5th April 2019, 01:22
Wishing you well !!!! As requested :geek ;) :clap

I had both wrists done at the same time for Carpal Tunnel - Continued my computer consulting with just a bit more care but no down time...

Mine was much better afterward, but repetetive actions will still bring on discomfort - it just doesn't go dead like before... Take some breaks to minimize the onset of further damage...

IXL _______ >>>> My Motorcyle Chronicles Are Here <<<< (http://thecyberzoo.com/kt-ridereports.html)

many thanks !

the impact damage from jack-hammers pneumatic-hammers, and sledge-hammers for 3+ decades is 10x worse than my ct damage.

when they go into my right hand it will be plate & screw & possibly teflon knuckle time.....won't know for sure until they open it up

just told my wife that I have 6 weeks of parts shopping :laugh

IXL2Relax
5th April 2019, 02:55
just told my wife that I have 6 weeks of parts shopping :laugh

LOL!!! Downtime can be expensive.... :shhhh

sportsterpaul
5th April 2019, 03:25
Hell, you can still ride just don’t use the clutch. Match your r.p.m.’s when shifting, and of course got to be a bit careful taking off, but WTH? Catch neutral before coming to a stop, you’re good to go.
No, don’t listen to me as I’ve pulled a few bonehead stunts in my time. My Orthopedic Surgeon would have had a caniption fit if he knew I was back riding five days after a complete knee replacement!

Ireeman
5th April 2019, 08:01
Paul, everyday I strive for someone to have a caniption fit. Some days are good...and then there is as what we pros call, a backing off, the non people canipting stage. The premise is still there.
Can't wind them too quick nor too long.
Watches if you like.

harley506d
5th April 2019, 12:15
Wish you well mate!
Be a good time to start looking for some "easy-pull " clutch mods?

rokytnji
5th April 2019, 22:19
Get well soon. I am leaving mine be. Brake/throttle r/h side.

Dupuytren's contracture mainly affects the two fingers farthest from the thumb, and occurs most often in older men of Northern European descent. A number of treatments are available to slow the progression of Dupuytren's contracture and relieve symptoms

Like I said. Not cutting something hereditary. It'll just come back.

farmall
6th April 2019, 00:45
Continued my computer consulting with just a bit more care but no down time...

I've used a Marble Mouse trackball on each side of my keyboards since ~2000. If you check out keyboard forums you might find a switch style you prefer. There's an impressive variety.