PDA

View Full Version : First purchase through Zanotti's

xena
3rd May 2006, 02:37
For the past two years I've been using a variety of online
vendors and dealers and have had little to no trouble.
More recently I've been buying mostly from Hale's HD
online, but last week I wanted to buy a luggage rack (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444184226 7&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286635&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286635&bmUID=1146616556478&bmLocale=en_US)
and it was a "not available for purchase online" as are
many of the HD items from Hales.................so,
I took my part number and ordered it from Zanotti's
since I'd heard a whole lotta good about them on this forum
and others.
The rack arrived 3 business days after ordering. Quality,
fit, and finish are outstanding. Price was great. I give
Zanotti Motors a triple thumbs up and will buy from them again!
:banarock:tour

tcspannerwrench
3rd May 2006, 02:39
sounds like a good deal

ok now we need pics!!!!! :)

xena
3rd May 2006, 02:45
The price was 83.18 for the 4 bar chrome rack.
It's bigger than I expected but I think it's just the
ticket for one of those day packs which I've yet to
buy but will be the next purchase.
I'll take a picture as soon as this 3 day stretch of rain moves out. :(

olderthandirt
3rd May 2006, 02:56
You dealing with Todd at Hales HD in Ohio? He use to be a neighbor and I still see him often. You know that he will give you 20% off anything you order directly through him.

xena
3rd May 2006, 03:01
You dealing with Todd at Hales HD in Ohio? He use to be a neighbor and I still see him often. You know that he will give you 20% off anything you order directly through him.

Yes, it's Hales HD in Ohio that I had been buying from, but I order right from the web site
which also gives the 20% discount. I had no problem with the prices,
the problem is that a good many items from them are
"in store purchase items only" which was the case with the
rack, so that's why I went to Zanotti's.

rbcss
3rd May 2006, 03:08
I ordered a engine guard 49060-04 from zanotti's last week. their price was 148.03, that's better than 20%. their service was very good also. I had the part in two days. they also have a fairly updated inventory and a back order list on line so you can see what they have. I'm impressed with them

snowman
3rd May 2006, 03:12
JohnnyG hooked me up with Zanotti's a few months back and I've been dealing with John there ever since. They are great on price and communication.......:banadanc

xena
6th May 2006, 06:59
sounds like a good deal

ok now we need pics!!!!! :)

Okay, here are pics. It's the 4 bar, chrome sport rack.
Also just got the alaska leather buttpad in th 2nd pic.
Will post review of that in another thread after
I get to try it out on a ride.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/sporty04/100mile.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/sporty04/alaskaleather.jpg

picowatt
6th May 2006, 07:19
zanottis is a great dealer and business. I have the pleasure of living in western PA and being just a short drive from them. The dealership is well established. They have been in business for quite some time. The are the dealer my granpap used to use, and the only one my family will use for anyhting they need from the factory. We get our aftermarket product elsewhere because I support indy shops, but some things have to come form the factory.

Scout99
6th May 2006, 08:31
zanottis is a great dealer and business. I have the pleasure of living in western PA and being just a short drive from them. The dealership is well established. They have been in business for quite some time. The are the dealer my granpap used to use, and the only one my family will use for anyhting they need from the factory. We get our aftermarket product elsewhere because I support indy shops, but some things have to come form the factory.

I've been dealing with them on-line for some time...spent lot's of $$ there.

I will also offer that they have great prices on anything listed in the Drag Specialties catalog...haven't been too successful with other aftermarket part numbers though.

My first stop for a price check when I want something

...still learning

hporter2
21st July 2006, 21:42
I'll probably give 'em another shot, by my first order of HD-branded accessories was a complete disaster. I suspect I was sent some previously opened/returned items, because:

a) Enrichener bracket was missing the built in nuts, and since the included screws are some oddball thread, I wound up riding to a local Mart to find screws and nuts that would work and not look completely ridiculous. Not cool having your choke cable flopping around because some dork forgot to QC the packaging/shipment.

b) Petcock cover had instructions for a completely different part (not that it would have been difficult), and was missing the spring clip that keeps the whole thing on. It's kind of hard to install when you don't actually know that you're missing a part. Jeebus, people. Pretty much cured me of "stick with genuine Harley" syndrome.

Shamdog
22nd July 2006, 13:53
I've always had good luck with Zanotti's. In fact, I just received a shipment yesterday of DS stuff. Got a Yost Power Tube, a Mikuni chrome carb top, and a bunch of jets. If you know (or can find) the DS or CC part number, try Zanotti's first. Shipping on 1 item is a bit high, but it really doesn't go up much if you order more. I usually wait until I need a bunch of stuff to place my order.

Oh, and by the way...Xena, I'm really wondering where you got that third thumb???? :banana

dakota_dj
22nd July 2006, 14:35
I have ordered most of my parts through them. Always fast service and if there is a problem, I just call John and he takes care of it. I also use them for Kuryakyn parts, alot cheaper than buying from Kuryakyn's web site. Like someone said before, If you only need 1 item the shipping is high, but order several items and the shipping is not much more, also I don't pay Ohio tax when ordering from Zanotti.

jnor
22nd July 2006, 14:44
For the past two years I've been using a variety of online
vendors and dealers and have had little to no trouble.
More recently I've been buying mostly from Hale's HD
online, but last week I wanted to buy a luggage rack (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444184226 7&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286635&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286635&bmUID=1146616556478&bmLocale=en_US)
and it was a "not available for purchase online" as are
many of the HD items from Hales.................so,
I took my part number and ordered it from Zanotti's
since I'd heard a whole lotta good about them on this forum
and others.
The rack arrived 3 business days after ordering. Quality,
fit, and finish are outstanding. Price was great. I give
Zanotti Motors a triple thumbs up and will buy from them again!
:banarock:tourI'll second that !!