PDA

View Full Version : Oil light after change

osgoor
7th May 2006, 04:17
I just looked at a thread that sounds identical to mine. I changed the oil (this was the one with the filter from hell I recently posted about), put 4 onces of oil in the filter and 3 quarts in the bike. When I turn on the ignition only, the oil light will come on and stay on. I can open the throttle a bit and it goes out and stays out. I checked the level and all looks correct. I did added another half quart +- to be sure I had 3.6 quarts but the light still comes on.

This happens only occasionaly. Most times after I ride for a bit and turn the ignition back on the light does not come on.

I have the service manual and the only thing I can think to do is replace the pressure switch.

FYI: 2004 1200R (5000 miles)

any other ideas?

Thanks

a45junkie
7th May 2006, 04:59
ya it sounds like your switch ist kaput, they are cheap and easy to change

torxster
7th May 2006, 05:02
Sounds like the pressure switch. If you're still under warranty, take it to the dealer and make them replace it, otherwise just buy one and do it yourself - they're notorious for failing. I've had two on mine.

sportysrock
17th May 2006, 22:26
My bike is a 1200R. I have 2 lights, one on the riser clamp and the other on the instruments. One goes right out and the other stays on until pressure builds - just a few seconds.