PDA

View Full Version : Let's Band Together

Infantryboots
10th May 2006, 02:41
One thing I really hate about owning my 99 Sporty is that I'm being discriminated by other Harley Riders who think that they are better because they ride a bigger bike. Let's band together and kick some tail :) Who's with me?

indyrednek
10th May 2006, 02:44
It is useally the RUBs.
I just go and sit at the bar and laugh and mock them.
Some of us in AZ want to rent scooters and leather up and hang out at the bars the show off at.
Now that would be fun.

pquirk
10th May 2006, 02:44
Oh no, not again :roflblack .

Preacher
10th May 2006, 02:50
Damn... got hammered in the Army for being a Leg, now you are getting hammered for riding a girl's bike... You just can't catch a break!

:wonderlan :wonderlan :wonderlan :wonderlan :wonderlan

*pssssttt* Search for the one and only, last ever Girl's bike thread and join in the fun :D :D

XL O.C.D.
10th May 2006, 03:05
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/violent083.gif

Cateman
10th May 2006, 03:10
I usually don't catch too much crap about riding a sporty. All the other guys still wave at me and usually don't say anything. The only people that give me crap are my buddies but we do that to each other no matter what.

95xlcustom
10th May 2006, 03:20
ive had a couple gezzer glide owner give me shit i tell them line it up and see whos laughing. all the people i ride with excludding the 107 s&s big dog ans the strock 98inch shovel. i can run circles around all the 1340 and 1450s

Infantryboots
10th May 2006, 03:20
Rubs?????????????????????????????

STEVOMERCKX
10th May 2006, 04:15
man i had a guy with a electra glide say he could walk me...i just lied my ass off and told him i had a 1250cc with a cam and would beat the living crap out of his two wheeled car.

since i am 20 and not small by any means i dont get to much crap because i also pull out the age card since im only 20 and have a better (newer) bike than theirs.

and finally since alot of BT riders around me seem to be bald (no offense to any baldys) i just say "well at least i have a full set of hair"

cantolina
10th May 2006, 04:17
OMG...I can't believe this subject STILL comes up...

:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Casper
10th May 2006, 04:26
Rubs?????????????????????????????
Rich Urban Bikers (and I use the term "bikers" loosely). Folks with a ton of money who want a Harley for the status; it'll go nicely in the four car garage next to the Beamer and the Lexus. Don't know a cylinder from a cam, and neither do they care to - that's their mechanic's job.

man i had a guy with a electra glide say he could walk me...i just lied my ass off and told him i had a 1250cc with a cam and would beat the living crap out of his two wheeled car.

since i am 20 and not small by any means i dont get to much crap because i also pull out the age card since im only 20 and have a better (newer) bike than theirs.

and finally since alot of BT riders around me seem to be bald (no offense to any baldys) i just say "well at least i have a full set of hair"

Isn't it funny that the minute any of us say we have anything other than a bone-stock Sporty, most BT'ers back right off? I never truly understood that one; do we really instill that much fear in 'em?

STEVOMERCKX
10th May 2006, 04:29
Rich Urban Bikers (and I use the term "bikers" loosely). Folks with a ton of money who want a Harley for the status; it'll go nicely in the four car garage next to the Beamer and the Lexus. Don't know a cylinder from a cam, and neither do they care to - that's their mechanic's job.

Isn't it funny that the minute any of us say we have anything other than a bone-stock Sporty, most BT'ers back right off? I never truly understood that one; do we really instill that much fear in 'em?

yes we do :smoke :gun

XLFREAK
10th May 2006, 04:39

Isn't it funny that the minute any of us say we have anything other than a bone-stock Sporty, most BT'ers back right off? I never truly understood that one; do we really instill that much fear in 'em?Maybe because our bikes are so light and theirs carry enough luggage for a trip to Europe.

Cameron
10th May 2006, 05:02
Why bother with anyone elses comment?

Just ride for yourself.

If you're bothered by anyone's comment you should not be riding at all?

Keep cool and enjoy your Sportster.

I am one with no one else and I am one with my Sportster.

XL 883 SS (standard stock)

Cameron

gronk62
10th May 2006, 05:13
There's currently a 72 page thread dealing with issues about Sportster put downs, etc and it would be appreciated if we could keep all these related posts in that one thread.

Tired of hearing the Sportster is a girls bike (The one and only Girly Bike Thread) (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=725)

I really can't understand why so many of us seem so "touchy" about this subject.

I bought my Sportster coz I love 'em and I love to ride.

It shouldn't matter what some narrow minded individual has to say about what bike you ride or should ride.

Get out there and Enjoy The Hell out of YOUR Sporty!!

Its the best damn motorcycle ever built!! :)