PDA

View Full Version : Sportster in Stephen King Movie

CROW
24th May 2006, 01:46
Watching Stephen King's Desperation (2006) and there was a Sportster in it :)

xena
24th May 2006, 01:53
This could be a fun thread...

I think Jeff Bridges rode a Sportster
in the movie Blown Away.

alleydude
24th May 2006, 01:57
Mannequin has a Sportster in it.

XLFREAK
24th May 2006, 01:59
Michael Douglas rode an XLCR in Black Rain....

Rebil79
24th May 2006, 02:01
Stephen King lives 20 miles from my house. Owns the only local rock station in the area as well.

Rebil

Mr Jimi
24th May 2006, 02:12
Watching Stephen King's Desperation (2006) and there was a Sportster in it :)
And the bike I saw did not look like a Sportie? Who cares:doh

Thanks for the heads-up , good flick
Jim:tour

Preacher
24th May 2006, 02:27

One of the few Michael Douglas movie that I like... and the bike was a big part of it :roflblack

busboyblues
24th May 2006, 13:06
Do you mean the bike Tom Skerrit (sp?) was riding, or was there another one? That bike he was riding looked like a BT, like an older Harley or clone.

BTW, how was the movie? I only saw a few scenes, then had to bail to catch up on the Sopranos. Johnnycakes RULES!

Krayven Sumhead
24th May 2006, 13:19
I didn't get to see the sportster but if it was in the movie, it had to MAKE the movie.....Stephen King ran out of scary ideas long ago......I read the book when it came out and the book sorta sucked.......I really like the cameo on the 'Simpsons' when Steve is at his publishers and the publisher sez "You really have run out of ideas, haven't you".....Steve looks over the guys desk, grabs the desk lamp and sez "No......look, a killer lamp"............:gun

snowman
24th May 2006, 13:30
Exxxccelllent flick!!!!!!!!!

All I remember was the metrics that Sato and his boys rode all the time.

Have to pull that one out and watch it again:banana:banana:banana

CROW
24th May 2006, 13:48
That's the bike, It was I beleive maybe an old roadster, A Sporty with a BIG tank.

busboyblues
24th May 2006, 14:10
Oh, wow, with the lights, windshield, and tank, I didn't take it for a Sportster.

Did you enjoy the movie? I liked what I saw, hopefully I can catch a rerun (don't have Tivo or on demand).

Scooter_Trash
24th May 2006, 18:24
I noticed they blew up a perfectly good Sportster gas tank on the season finally of The Unit. Seems a shame, I could of used it.

opiewontaylor
25th May 2006, 03:33
I freeze framed the part with Skerrit on the bike, and I'm pretty sure it's not a Sportster. It does have a pre 2004 hamcan, but the engine is obviously a BT, and it has a large gauged bobber tank. One of the characters in the movie calls it "a big old custom softail", and that's likely right. (no one has yet to equal "Then Came Bronson" for pure Sporty goodness)

Monstermile
25th May 2006, 10:16
Actually I think it is a Sporty. If you see the scene where they find it hidden it looks like an old Ironhead when they show the primary. The tank I agree does not look like a Sporty. I think they might have used a few different bikes. Of course Harley enthusiasts are going to pick up on the changes.