PDA

View Full Version : 2007 European XL Forum Meet

bplinson
20th July 2006, 11:30
I am rolling around the idea of putting together a European XL Forum meet for next summer.

I would like to get an idea about when would be a good time frame and how many people would like to do this.

I am planning on doing this in the Heidelberg Germany area. We have a US Army Rod and Gun club here that has plenty of camping space and we could also have a live band in this area.

Who knows...maybe we could even get some of the USA or OZ members to show up!

Please give me all your ideas no matter how corny they might be.

kiltbill
20th July 2006, 11:53
Sounds interesting Bert, but obviously quite a trip from here. There is cheap flights available from the UK to various Airports in Germany.

Would have to check out best route taking Ferry's etc into account.

Is there any Bike hire available in Germany and any idea of costs if it's available? Or is Nasty Nancy available at a good rate? ;)

RIORoosen
20th July 2006, 11:53
Bert,
Sounds like a great idea! Definately count me in! Maybe an organized ride out led by yourself through some of the more picturesque portions of near-by Germany might be nice too. :)

cress
20th July 2006, 12:03
Yes, sound really good, but I suggest to consider this great meeting: http://www.europeanbikeweek.com/ at Faaker See, in Austria. The location is perfect, and could be possible to do a Sportster meeteng "number 0" .
BTW I'll be there, ready to drink a beer with any forum member, of course!
Ciao!!
Mauro

bplinson
20th July 2006, 12:59
Bert,
Sounds like a great idea! Definately count me in! Maybe an organized ride out led by yourself through some of the more picturesque portions of near-by Germany might be nice too. :)

Definatly!!!

I had considered just having a meet at one of the major events like European Bike Week but I would prefer this just be something small and mainly XL's

RIORoosen
20th July 2006, 13:10
Definatly!!!

I had considered just having a meet at one of the major events like European Bike Week but I would prefer this just be something small and mainly XL's

My sentiments exactly!! :banana :clap :D
XL Forum members only!!

bplinson
20th July 2006, 13:27
My sentiments exactly!! :banana :clap :D
XL Forum members only!!

And any of their friends that would like to join them.

Dubfire
20th July 2006, 17:23
I'd like to say I will go, but like Bill, I will have to plan how I am going to get my bike there. Good idea though:clap :clap :clap

PlanB
20th July 2006, 19:05
Bert, Some of us military retirees could probably get over there pretty easily on military HOPS (Help Our People Save), but I'd guess they wouldn't let me put my bike in the cargo bay! Would we get boo'ed if we showed up on BMW rental bikes? I spent seven years in Germany as an Army brat...0-3yrs old, and 9-13! It'd be fun to see it again!

TiBaal89
20th July 2006, 19:19
If there was some kind of land bridge I would ride over for sure! Unfortunately... yea, not too many roads accross the ocean. :(

Sean
25th September 2006, 02:31
Well, I'm in South Carolina now, but got orders to Bitburg for nexy summer...Sounds like fun. 'course I have no idea how far anything is or how to get anywhere...but I DO know I'll be bringing the Sporty!

skien
25th September 2006, 02:43
Hei for people from US air fare is alot cheaper spring or fall about half from the summer. Also check into bike rentals mybe HD could talk to dealers HA HA.

frenchandy
11th October 2007, 13:58
im always up for a ride especially when german beer is at the end of it