View Full Version : Any input on Russell true floating rotors?

11th August 2006, 07:32
So I need a new rear rotor and I figured I might as well do both sets if I'm going to upgrade to a floating rotor. I know most people like EBC but has anyone tried the Russell True Floating rotor? J&P has them for about $167.

11th August 2006, 16:48
:bump :bump :bump

11th August 2006, 17:10
Never tried one, never installed one. It's a 420 SS rotor with a chrome center, spring loaded buttons so it's quiet. I say, if you like the way they look, then go ahead and get them. Any floater is better than the stock rotor.

My $.02


NRHS Sales
11th August 2006, 17:45
I will match that price and you will get it from a board sponsor!! :)

The Russell rotors are awesome BTW and provide a lot better stopping power compared to stock rotors.

11th August 2006, 17:46
Cool. You were the first place I looked for brakes but I didn't see them in your catalog.

NRHS Sales
11th August 2006, 17:49
Unfortunately we couldn't put everythng we wanted in our catalog as it just gets too expensive.

But we sell Progressive suspension components as well as Russell and EBC brakes. I also can get any Screaming eagle parts folks might want plus much much more.

If you are looking for something either put a post in our section or call me and I will see what I can do.

11th August 2006, 22:30
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a question on floating rotors. I have the SE full-floaters on my bike, a set of Galfer floaters on a Guzzi V11 EV I used to own, and a set of Brembo full-floaters on a Ducati Superlight I had about 10 years ago. To me, the Brembos were "true" full-floaters, in that you could grab the rotor and shake it back and forth. Couldn't do that with the Galfers or SE rotors, but they still call them full-floaters. Guess under braking pressure, they could actually "float", which helps to maintain more positive caliper contact? Being able to shake the Brembos, IMHO, were a sign of "true" full-floaters, not the "semi" floaters like the SEs or Galfers?