PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated pinkie (clutch hand)

don flamingo
9th November 2008, 03:16
I don't know how I feel about what I did last Thursday but I dislocated my pinkie finger while playing in a basketball league. I just taped a ice bag to my hand and rode to the ER.

I knowthat wasn't the smartest thing to do but that's what I did. What would you folks have done in that situation?

Cherrylady2
9th November 2008, 03:29
I would have done the same thing....hell, I rode 1,000 miles with a broken right hand. I was on a solo trip and went down in a patch of oil in Corinth, MS. I had to get home to MN & didn't want to leave the bike down there...so the only choice I had was to eat lots of Excedrine during the day and Motrin at night.

Brad
9th November 2008, 03:45
Sounds like the right choice. Better than going home and letting it get really effed up!

rottenralph
9th November 2008, 03:59
I took a forty mile ride 6 hours after a wreck to get home. I did not know my balls were going to swell to the size of tennis balls and feel so bad. I took a sportster tank ball shot when I hit the back end of a car. I have no idea how fast I was going but the forks and wheel were fine. I road to the rally thinking I would be alright. After a few hours I knew the ride home would be bad. Every bump felt like being kicked in the berries.

flathead45
9th November 2008, 04:05
got hit by a buick and busted my head open burned my arm and cut up my right hand. still got the bike up and tryed to get the hell outta there cause I didn't have a license at the time but the bike was too effed up to ride

does that count?????

Sojourner
9th November 2008, 05:08
I ended up with a broken right pinkie from an unplanned get-off. I was wearing heavy gloves and my pinkie finger got caught on the wide brake blade. Didn't even know it at first. Within an hour half my hand had turned purple, and people at work were commenting on it. Went to the ER on my lunch break and came back with a cast. Go figure.

Hogwylde
9th November 2008, 13:37
I rode my bike for 6 weeks while my broken foot was in a cast. I didn't even own a car.

tandk1597
9th November 2008, 13:42
You did the right thing. I dislocated a finger after a accident & reset it myself...it's still disformed to this day.

Bob F
9th November 2008, 14:56
You did the right thing.

At least that's what I would do.

michael427
9th November 2008, 15:06
That's exactly what I'd have done for you.

Nightster Man
9th November 2008, 15:36
Right choice brother. I hope there weren't to many stops along the way.

rwise
9th November 2008, 15:36
Yes I have many times, I ride a bit slower these days:doh

luckyramu
9th November 2008, 15:46
YOu felt you could do it, and you did. it is what it is. If your kidney ends up on a wrought iron fence though, I suggest you pass on the ride.

xllent01
9th November 2008, 15:55
Ride it..thats the right thing to do.. :clap

All you need is the first two index fingers to get going anyhow, then you can clutchless shift after you get up to speed..:laugh :p