PDA

View Full Version : Will pre-04 Oil Cooler adapter work on 04+

ed_in_az
20th August 2006, 16:54
Does anyone know?

A guy at work has a cooler & adapter he wants to get rid of.

On jagg.com they list an adapter for 04+, but don't indicate the older models require it.

ed_in_az
20th August 2006, 22:38
Does anyone know?

A guy at work has a cooler & adapter he wants to get rid of.

On jagg.com they list an adapter for 04+, but don't indicate the older models require it.

Actually Ed I looked this up in my Dennis Kirk catalog. I can't find a reason it wouldn't work.

:rolleyes:

Jimbos883
21st August 2006, 02:02
Do the voices in your head tell you to do these kind of things too?

ed_in_az
21st August 2006, 05:45
Since no one responded and I figured it out on my own. It seemed appropriate.:laugh

Jimbos883
21st August 2006, 13:51
Just screwing with you, Ed. It is amazing that you can post a message on this board on some tech stuff and get no response. But ask the board what gear you park your bike in and everybody will answer you.

Also I can't see whay that cooler wouldn't work on your bike either. You just have to tie into the oil system and you should be goo to go.

sportysrock
25th August 2006, 20:26
I think the pre-'04 frame tubes are different which may cause you a beef mounting the cooler. From Jagg's site: The Jagg #4400 Oil Filter Adapter installs between the engine and oil filter on front mounted spin-on oil filter applications. Optional for accessing oil supply for easy installation of oil cooler on Big Twin EVO's and 2003 or older Sportsters. Flows oil through the filter first resulting in less oil pressure restriction.