PDA

View Full Version : 2009 DelMarVa Bike Week

oldguyonsportster
17th February 2009, 18:16
2009 DelMarVa Bike Week

It's never too early to post or plan for this.

DelMarVa Bike Week is September 17-20.

**If you plan on going or even MAYBE going at this time, GO TO THE GENERAL AREA AND FIND ORGANIZE A RIDE-OUT OR FIND A RIDING BUDDY, find my thread on this there and reply on that thread. This way we only have to post in one place.

Are you planning on staying down a couple of days or just a one day ride?

Where are you staying?

Who will you riding down with?

Maybe we can do a group ride Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning.

I'll start, the wife and me are going on Thursday morning and staying till midday (1:00PM ish) Saturday, she needs to be home by 4:30 PM that day. We'll be staying in Salisbury Thursday and Friday nights.

Like the last 2 years some of us meet at the Smoker's BBQ Pit on RT 611 (although I did miss last years by an hour) on Saturday at 12:00 NOON for a meet and greet and lunch.

So who's in?

Bob F
17th February 2009, 18:25
Wasn't planning on it BUT was planning a vacation that week. It's a possibility now.

ReddTigger
17th February 2009, 19:43
It's about 3hrs for me, so I'll probably shoot down for one of the days.

pretjah
13th June 2009, 22:44
Wasn't planning on it BUT was planning a vacation that week. It's a possibility now.

Ocean city is a great vacation

Bike week makes it even better

bikes EVERYWHERE it's like a bike show where ever you go you can just walk around the parking lot and spend 45 minutes looking at all the bikes. and that's just at a restaraunt. go to one of the main Bike Week places and you could spend hours in the parking lot even before going into the event vendors and stuff.

i highly recommend anyone going to this

Jt1200r
14th June 2009, 04:43
ill be going saturday for the day

Gojira
14th June 2009, 05:17
i may get down there for a day or two this year

johnnybgood
14th June 2009, 16:03
ill be going saturday for the day

We'll have to meet up again this year.

So I take it you got your bike back on the road? What was the problem?

John

hansonpatt
14th June 2009, 16:41
me and a couple buddys plan on going down there a couple of days luckily my parents live in oc year round so we dont have to worry about a place to stay.on the not so lucky side i took a fall at work the other day and broke my knee up pretty bad hopefully it will be better by then.[if not i will just take my helmet so i can hobble around and just loo cool]

Jt1200r
14th June 2009, 18:29
no not yet. will be sending flywheels out this week. so hopefully

ReddTigger
14th June 2009, 18:31
no not yet. will be sending flywheels out this week. so hopefully

Where ya sending them ??

I'll probably be going, Hell I might even get the dealership to pay me to go. (well it's nice to dream anywayz)

Jt1200r
14th June 2009, 19:23
sending them to dark horse crank works in wisconson

Gojira
15th June 2009, 02:03
Where ya sending them ??

I'll probably be going, Hell I might even get the dealership to pay me to go. (well it's nice to dream anywayz)

hey tigger did you get a job at hd of baltimore?i saw your thread but not where you got your job

ReddTigger
15th June 2009, 02:54
hey tigger did you get a job at hd of baltimore?i saw your thread but not where you got your job

nope, ALL AMERICAN in Hugesville, Sister store of Harley Davidson of Washington DC.

Enzo_Guy
16th June 2009, 16:52
I will try to go, even if only for a day. It will be saturday if it's only one day and friday-sunday if I can afford a hotel or get my friend's condo.

ParrotHead
16th June 2009, 16:57
We will be headed down on Thursday Sept 17 and returning Sunday Sept 20.

Terp84Alum
16th June 2009, 17:07
I'll be there. Sorry for missing the meet-up last year. We went down on Thursday and came home on Saturday. Hopefully, this year we'll do Fri-Sun. I'll be down for a week from July 4-11.

ParrotHead
2nd September 2009, 17:28
We are down to a few weeks until Delmarva 2009. Who's going and any thoughts on getting together?

johnnybgood
6th September 2009, 17:39
I'll be arriving either Thursday evening or Friday morning and staying through Sunday.

Are we going to do the Smokers Pit thing again this year?

Brad
6th September 2009, 17:41
Bike's in the shop, but should be out in time. If not, I may have to ride the Honda! (better go charge the battery) :wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

LuxBlue
6th September 2009, 18:13
Will be there from noon Thursday till Sunday a.m.

johnnybgood
7th September 2009, 03:39
Bike's in the shop, but should be out in time. If not, I may have to ride the Honda! (better go charge the battery) :wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Well, at least you'll save a few bucks on gas riding the Honda..............plus, you could do the burnout pit on that bad boy :laugh:laugh

Will be there from noon Thursday till Sunday a.m.

Happy belated birthday Lux!! :clap:clap

What do you all think of taking a group ride on Saturday? Maybe an hour or two? I'll lead.

Jt1200r
7th September 2009, 16:46
i wont be there this year. wife has catering job sat i always help. sun my daughter has her first home game. shes a Redskins cheerleader. got to go to that

ParrotHead
8th September 2009, 18:46
Would certainly like to get together somewhere like the Smokers Pit again. A ride sounds interesting, need to check with the wife to see what plans we have while down there. We are renting a 5 bedroom condo with a bunch of friends so I am not sure if we are all riding somewhere or not.

We will be there from Thursday around noon until Sunday or Monday.

Witchywmn
11th September 2009, 18:23

Or you can ride down in the "cage" with me! I'll have the top down...the ipod plugged in...the booze and the blender in my trunk.... :drinkup:drinkbeer:shhhh

ParrotHead
11th September 2009, 19:47
Or you can ride down in the "cage" with me! I'll have the top down...the ipod plugged in...the booze and the blender in my trunk.... :drinkup:drinkbeer:shhhh

You know the looks you get when you ride around with your top down :wonderlan

ladydihd1
14th September 2009, 23:41
Anyone going down hope for good weather!!! It's not looking so good as of now. I guess hubby and I will be getting wet going down Thursday night!:(

Witchywmn
15th September 2009, 02:52
Anyone going down hope for good weather!!! It's not looking so good as of now. I guess hubby and I will be getting wet going down Thursday night!:(

Just repeat after me..."it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...." I'm going to be chanting that until I get there!!

Ah hell, even if it does rain, I'm in a 5 bedroom condo with 9 other amzingly fun people...I'm gonna have a good time! :banana:banadanc

Brad
15th September 2009, 02:55
And I'm bringing the beads!:clap:clap:clap

pres41
15th September 2009, 03:04
The Lady and I will be going down on Thurs leaving on Sun, Let me know if we can meet at the smokers Pit again and what day and time.

Xman75
15th September 2009, 03:25
I will be there.....on saturday....hmmm 5 bedrooms 9 people? sounds like theres a bit more room on Saturday night? Heh humm.:smoke

oldguyonsportster
15th September 2009, 11:30
Just repeat after me..."it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...." I'm going to be chanting that until I get there!!

Ah hell, even if it does rain, I'm in a 5 bedroom condo with 9 other amzingly fun people...I'm gonna have a good time! :banana:banadanc

it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...

IT'S GONNA RAIN...

I'll be in my cage.

Meeting at the Smoker Pit has been on Saturday at noon. Who's going to be there?

ReddTigger
15th September 2009, 12:44
it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...it's not going to rain...

IT'S GONNA RAIN...

I'll be in my cage.

Meeting at the Smoker Pit has been on Saturday at noon. Who's going to be there?

I'll be working !! I may try to make it down early on sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed..

ladydihd1
15th September 2009, 15:42
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN

If it does I am riding in the rain!!! O well at least it will not be snow!:doh

Witchywmn
16th September 2009, 02:40
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN
IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN

If it does I am riding in the rain!!! O well at least it will not be snow!:doh

I'm with you. I don't care if it rains, snows, sleets, or giant watermelons fall from the sky (okay, I don't know where the last one came from, but stick with me)....I NEED THIS VACATION!!!:censor Really.:gun Not kidding. :headbangNot one bit.:angry Not at all.:surrender

So...I will be there. And if it's raining,:cloudmad I will be at Secrets...follow the trail of Red Bull and Vodka cups....:drinkup

ParrotHead
16th September 2009, 02:44

We should be at Smoker's

johnnybgood
16th September 2009, 04:12
I'll be at the Smokers Pit at noon on Saturday, unless the weathers all nasty.

oldguyonsportster
16th September 2009, 09:24
If the online weather channel has any accuracy to it the outlook keeps getting better. As of NOW 3.17am Wed Sept 16 the outlook is, rain chance 30% Thurs, 10% Fri, 0% Sat and 10% Sun....YEAH....now only if it holds true.

So it looks like I will be riding down, on the Road King though.

Be nice to catch with you again john.

Vassago
16th September 2009, 16:18
I will be there leaving Friday morning at 11 from Rockville with a couple buddys and staying through till Sunday.

Vassago
17th September 2009, 02:23
Planning on hitting Smokers BBQ Pit Saturday see you guys there!!!!!

ladydihd1
17th September 2009, 15:36
I think it is working!!! :banana

ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN
ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN
ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN
ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN

:tour:tour:tour:tour In 4 more hours I will be on my way!:tour:tour:tour:tour

ParrotHead
19th September 2009, 00:25
Hit some rain on the way down Thursday, but dry here!:banana

Brad
19th September 2009, 00:34
Mee too!!!!

Vassago
21st September 2009, 16:52
Had a great time although i missed the smokers BBQ meet up. I am going to try and get some pics up that we took while we were there. I have to say i saw alot of cool Sporties there and i thought the over all weekend went real good. Although leaving Secrets Saturday night we seen a guy that went down; and they closed of rt1. Anyone have any info on this or the one that happen by hoopers right before the bridge going back into OC?

ReddTigger
21st September 2009, 17:00
hope you had a great time, I lost my drive belt on Wednesday and had to replace it so there went my Delmarva money :(

Maybe next year..

Xman75
21st September 2009, 22:02
http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11160401

pretjah
22nd September 2009, 01:01
that sucks...i was riding out of OC right after it happened!!!!

as bad as what i'm about to say sounds i dont mean it that way

but one bad accident out of all those bikes really is still an amazing thing if you ask me.
especially when you add in all the alcohol i saw bikers drinking and what not!

on a side note

i had a great time... i was down with 7 guys from our Riders for Christ CMC group out of Hamilton, NJ and we did a bit of riding. i'm sure i saw a bunch of you and didn't know who you were cause i saw alot of sportys

if anyone saw mine it was the yellow 07 with a single bag on the left side i'll be posting some pics later

Witchywmn
22nd September 2009, 01:14
On Saturday night, we saw a few police/ambulance combos as we rode the drunk bus...Couldn't see much of what was going on, but there were police and ambulances.

Why don't people understand that you can't drink and ride? Especially down there?

johnnybgood
22nd September 2009, 03:10
We had a great time. Weather turned out alot better than originally expected.

Good to see you all at the Smokers Pit and that was a nice ride imo.

Damn if there wasn't tons of bikes on Saturday!!!!

Brad
22nd September 2009, 03:17
Next time - no sharpies! I'm still scrubbing off my Saturday night 'tattoos'!

:laugh:doh:wonderlan

Witchywmn
23rd September 2009, 03:41
:laughNext time - no sharpies! I'm still scrubbing off my Saturday night 'tattoos'!

:laugh:doh:wonderlan

Yes, and you were fighting them off so well, too! :bananinj:sofa:hidechai

pres41
23rd September 2009, 14:28
:tour

John:

Thanks for the ride, very nice, Judie and I really enjoyed it. Good to see everyone at Smokers, I wish we could get more of us there.

Overall, very good weekend, many many bikes in OC.

ParrotHead
23rd September 2009, 17:10
It was great meeting everyone again this year.

Until next year ...

johnnybgood
11th October 2009, 18:40
Here's a pic taken by Ron (oldguyonsportster) at the Smokers Pit. He asked me to post this up for him.

From left to right......Witchywoman, Parrothead, Brad, The Pres, Mrs Pres, and yours truly.

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/BW_09_Smokers_Pit_Medium_.JPG

oldguyonsportster
13th October 2009, 17:56
Thanks John.