PDA

View Full Version : I'm back in Korea

csaintg
12th March 2007, 09:35
I pick my new bike up in Seoul on Saturday. There is an ASMC Run in May, and a HOG Rally coming soon. Lots of things going on here, so get in touch with me if you need info, or want to set something up!

Chris.

Scout99
12th March 2007, 11:37
Chris - Welcome back. You back at the Hump or elsewhere? I'm leaving in May and will be TDY during the ASMC rally. :frownone We have lottsa good rides coming up too include a 10 dayer in Russia...I'll miss that one too...maybe I'll take a stab at it from the other side of the continent.

Whatcha picking up on Saturday?

...still learning

csaintg
12th March 2007, 12:22
I am getting a 2006 Black Cherry Softail Deluxe. I had to put the Sporty in storage due to shipping difficulties.

Man a trip to Russia? I would love that! Unfortunately I don't get any vacation time until next year.

Nonetheless, we should meet up before you leave, since we have been skirting around each other for the last two years.

Chris.

Snuffy
13th March 2007, 22:20
Ya'll be careful over across the pond, and thanks for your service

Scout99
14th March 2007, 12:19
Snuffy - Thanks...we serve so you don't have to.

Chris - Where you working now? Vacation time...did you get out and become a contractor?

Come by the PX after you pick-up your Deluxe on Saturday...YMC is doing a membership drive and there'll be lots of scoots hanging around. I'll tell ya, I've seen more Deluxes around Seoul this year than I have at any other time...ENCS sent a lot of 'em this way...good looking bike. Think Jims makes a "Pan Head" valve cover that fits on a TC88B...that'd set it off just right.

...still learning

rottenralph
14th March 2007, 13:04
I graduated at Seoul American Highschool. You guys are having all the fun. Wish I could come join you for a right up in the mountains myself. Stay safe. Hope the Koreans are better drivers now then they were back in the 80's.

sporty58
14th March 2007, 13:12
Ralph..

They are a LOT better drivers now than they were in the 80s.... but still not like riding stateside...

Scout99
14th March 2007, 14:07
Ralph - Where haven't you been?

I can say that I am a proud graduate of Seoul Elementary School...1974. I've seen changes in this country spanning from 1970s to now (off an on of course). Stranger than fiction, this place ain't filled-up with a bunch of 3d world peons scraping out a living. There's lot's of money here and lots of folks willing to spend it. Just down the street from where I live is the Harley dealer, a BMW MotorRad dealer, an Aprilla, Ducati, Cagiva dealer and now, a brand new Victory dealer who is just down the street from the Polaris dealer (was kinda hoping that KTM would open up a dealership here before I left...guess I'll have to wait till I get back to Deutschland).

Needless to say, lot's has changed since your graduated.

...still learning

rottenralph
15th March 2007, 00:01
My father was a career soldier and I got to travel on most adventures. I have lived half of my life outside the US. I am ready for that again. I am not sure living in America is for me. I like the cultural variances of living in Europe. My last tour (as a Raytheon contractor) in Europe was from 1986 to 1999. I am still wondering what happened

sporty58
15th March 2007, 00:23
I know what you mean, I have been in korea for 13 of the last 22 years. I Am getting ready to retire from the army and am getting more and more nervous about "settling down"

csaintg
15th March 2007, 09:27
Ralph..

They are a LOT better drivers now than they were in the 80s.... but still not like riding stateside...

They are much better, and the roads are better, but there are 50X more drivers than there was 10 years ago.

Yes, I got out of the Army, and I am working for Dyncorps at the Hump. I am enjoying it so far. I should get my first real paycheck tomorrow. Then I can buy toys for my new bike :D

sporty58
15th March 2007, 15:55
Yes, I got out of the Army, and I am working for Dyncorps at the Hump. I am enjoying it so far. I should get my first real paycheck tomorrow. Then I can buy toys for my new bike :D

You are here for the big changes comeing about at the Hump then. If you see a black "883" with a hurricane air cleaner hanging off the side that will be me.

Gene

Scout99
19th March 2007, 14:02
Just heard the ASMC Rally got cancelled

...still learning

wrenchbender
19th March 2007, 14:51
Welcome back to Hell Chris, Are you working down at OLR or on a phase team? They got us up in Osan for the time being because of the runway resurfacing for 2 months. Good for me since I live up in Songtan anyway.

Since you took that pic of me at the Steel rally I hard tailed the bike.

csaintg
20th March 2007, 11:18
Just heard the ASMC Rally got cancelled

I talked to Hippy today. He said that they had voted not to have it, but they just got a call from the Korean HD Dealership, and they want the rally to go on. So it sounds like it will happen, because the Koreans may actually help to support it this year.

Welcome back to Hell Chris, Are you working down at OLR or on a phase team? They got us up in Osan for the time being because of the runway resurfacing for 2 months. Good for me since I live up in Songtan anyway.

Since you took that pic of me at the Steel rally I hard tailed the bike.

I'd sure love to see that! Got any new pics to share? I am really enjoying the Softail. It is not as peppy as my 1200, and I can't do as much customizing as I'd like, but it has a character all its own, and it is surprisingly nimble for such a heavy bike.

Chris.

wrenchbender
21st March 2007, 16:37
Well it will go if the Anjung-Ri business association coughs up some dough.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/mojorichie/new021-1.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/mojorichie/garage001-1.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/mojorichie/garage004-1.jpg

csaintg
22nd March 2007, 10:16
Man that looks nice!

Did you get a container for your garage? How did you swing that?

Hope they have the rally. It should be the 4th and 5th of May.

We should get together and do some riding.

Chris.

wrenchbender
22nd March 2007, 18:39
Well, in this nice new american style home I tricked my landlord into putting a clause in my lease to build me a garage. Well, since our houses will be torn down in a few years because of Rampant Immenant Domain abuse by the government they couldn't build me one so I got them to give me a 20 ft.'er. It's great, I wired it up with electric and got my second fridge for beer.

wrenchbender
22nd March 2007, 18:40
Anyway, get on our website www.freedomriders-mc.com and we have our rides scheduled out pretty far in advance.

Scout99
5th April 2007, 12:38
We had our YMC meeting last night and apparently, in lieu of the ASMC rally, a bunch of clubs are going to converge on Taechon beach over the 4th, 5th and 6th of May. Don't have the complete list but do recall that SBU and I think Barons was mentioned. I'll find out tomorrow and post an update.

Do know that we will have a serial rolling on Friday evening and then another rolling on Saturday morning. Intent is to stay on the beach and enjoy the company. Some talk of day rides, but I can't seem to recall anywhere in that stretch of coast any decent (twisty) roads to really open-up on.

Chris - How's the new scoot? Get any bags for it? Leather Pros and Boss make some pretty nice bags that'd look really good on that Deluxe. How 'bout some pics.

...still learning

csaintg
5th April 2007, 14:43
AAFES car sales is going to sponsor a poker run here on the 28th. ASMC will be doing a poker run on the 18 or 19th of May.

I don't have any bags. Not sure if I want any. I am riding up to Seoul on the 21st to get some warranty work done.

I am working at T & C Choppers now. Doing some mechanical and electrical work for the. All of there machanics are Americans. I wouldn't take my bike to Seoul, if it weren't for the warranty. They made a few mistakes putting the Deluxe together, and I am hesistant to let them touch it again. But there is a hole in my drive belt (???) and I am going to try to get them to replace it.

I am getting a lot more comfortable on the Deluxe, but I miss my Sporty something awfull!