PDA

View Full Version : i am just wondering

74sportykid
2nd April 2005, 04:18
i want to know what you like on a bike spokes or anything else as far a wheels

(this is not bias at alll :D )

flathead45
2nd April 2005, 04:24
spokes all the way man , but I have an old style steel mag on my rear just cause I like old style (or old scool , prescool as I call it) custom parts , things that are hard to find now a days

black rims with stainless spokes are toooooo killer in the looks department , thats what I will be doing with my front when the time comes to change it

Takingabreak
2nd April 2005, 05:28
Hi.

Well, it kinda depends, both have the good points, and bad ones.

A bike should reflect your personality, to be one with you, so If I tell you what to put on your bike, well to me that would be wrong.

My bike is a 2003 custom, and wile it can with a 21 spoke on the front, I changed it out for a 19 inch 13 rib cast rim for better handling and lower maintanance.

For your 1980 Iron head(If i read you first post right) then i would search e-bay for a set of rims if you don't like the ones you have.
Or if you have the bucks, a nice set of custom rims.

74sportykid
2nd April 2005, 14:21
o no i already have spoked wheels i just wanted to know your guys preference.

my friend does not like spokes so we always argue about it.
but i think a motorcycle is just not the same without spokes

cobra0478
2nd April 2005, 15:33
I find it hard to look at the wheels when I am in the saddle at 80 MPH.
I also find it hard to do a temp.tire patch on a tire mounted on spoke rims while sitting on the side of the road.
I guess anything other than spokes are OK.

Desertfox
2nd April 2005, 18:16
I'm with Indan Larry's philosophy: A motorcycle should have at least ONE spoked wheel. I prefer spoke on front, but a mag or some other solid type on the rear. Rear spoke wheels have a tendancy to warp out of true due to torque stresses.

cantolina
29th October 2006, 19:31
Spokes LOOK great, if they're kept up...but I voted for anything else....

Personally, I would LOVE a chrome bladed rim for the front, at least.....

Kozak
29th October 2006, 22:13
I have spokes, but would prefer a solid wheel.

MDT
29th October 2006, 22:53
Depends on the bike. Old iron; spokes, painted or chrome. I like them both. Newer machines, get creative.

Gone
29th October 2006, 23:17
I've had spokes on many bikes I've owned but not into them anymore, same with chains. Too much maint. and I'm gettin lazy.

RogerMason
30th October 2006, 00:07
I like spokes but they are hard to keep up. Need to keep at them all the time.

c pierce
30th October 2006, 01:40
MAGS to many bad memories with spokes.

Irondrake77
31st October 2006, 02:55
I have spokes, but would prefer something else. spokes can be trouble.

I'm with Indan Larry's philosophy: A motorcycle should have at least ONE spoked wheel. I prefer spoke on front, but a mag or some other solid type on the rear. Rear spoke wheels have a tendancy to warp out of true due to torque stresses.

I think I'd even settle to have the back one as a cast something , but with all the stuff that that hides the back wheel I wouldn't need anything fancy