PDA

View Full Version : hello harley davidson,sporty sportster

rodhotter
13th June 2007, 02:45
you offer a lot of bling for your already beautiful bikes BUT, there a lot of us, especially sporty guys would like some better handling suspension and brakes, we buy aftermarket parts for weak brakes and poor forks and shocks in our lower priced rides WHY not offer these as options , or BETTER yet build another sportster SPORT, with more buell goodies on them, i love my sportie, but technology should be added as other companies DO

blakjak
13th June 2007, 14:09
I agree wholeheartedly. However, maybe if something was to become of the whole Ducati & H-D merger rumor, those things may come to pass.

Moved On / My Own Choice
13th June 2007, 16:44
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES...

the functionality of the prototype XR1200 PLEASE...

Not some watered down, same motor as the rest of the 1200s BS.

Dual disc brakes, light black alloys, inverted fork, decent shocks!!!!

XLFREAK
13th June 2007, 17:05
if not the xr...a new sporster sport with real quality suspension and brakes is definitely something that should be there. at the very least the R models should have those trick components along with buell power level.

83XLX
13th June 2007, 17:32
What HD needs to do is come out with a new version of the XLCR with Buell engine mods, the adjustible 1200S suspension, and CR-style bodywork. Sort of like Triumph did to the new Bonneville to make the Thruxton.:tour

Moved On / My Own Choice
13th June 2007, 17:54
What HD needs to do is come out with a new version of the XLCR with Buell engine mods, the adjustible 1200S suspension, and CR-style bodywork. Sort of like Triumph did to the new Bonneville to make the Thruxton.:tour

+1,000,000 :clap :clap

rodhotter
14th June 2007, 13:19
i sure wolld like to see that,ducatis best tech and harleys best looks,like a beautiful lady that does all the right STUFF and dont NAG, my buddy is a ducati dealer, i drool at the bikes whenever i visit or go for service on my harley, i looked at the new classic ducs on the net, you could drive a harley between the rear tire and upper fender yuch, overall style is weak but, i bet they HANDLE , come on MERGER

Goshawk
15th June 2007, 21:05
if not the xr...a new sporster sport with real quality suspension and brakes is definitely something that should be there. at the very least the R models should have those trick components along with buell power level.
I agree with you. I guess we are supposed to be happy the Sportster finally moved up to thirty year old technology in 2004. The least they could do is put on some quality suspension components. Are Harley Davidsons the very slowest bikes made when comparing equal size motors?

Moved On / My Own Choice
18th June 2007, 14:22
I guess we are supposed to be happy the Sportster finally moved up to thirty year old technology in 2004.

Ya know, I mostly agree with where you're going, but I gotta make a comment about "technology."

Technology, for technologies sake SUCKS on a bike.

I don't need ABS, and CANBUS (not CanIbus) anymore than I need water cooling and variable valve timing. Crap, even look at the Japanese bikes there isn't a whole lot of TECHNOLOGY there either.

There are sometimes more expensive and lightweight materials, but they aren't all "cutting edge."

The least they could do is put on some quality suspension components. Are Harley Davidsons the very slowest bikes made when comparing equal size motors?

I agree on the suspension, however, on the speed, it's a combination of things including engine design and expense of materials/weight.

But at the end of the day, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. I personally find most "Sport Bikes" as just plain too much for the street. SURE you can keep em in 2nd and 3rd gear, but shyte, who wants to own something you never can really go to WOT with???

Kev

83XLX
18th June 2007, 18:35
Man, Kevin, I'm agreeing with about everything you say. What we need is a simple, good-handling, fast enough, sporty Sportster. The fewer techno gimics the better. The new ones are beginning to get too big, heavy, and complicated. Sure, part of it is due to gov't regs, but good suspension, sport styling, more power, and lighter weight are easily possible with different components - no complete redesign needed.

Of course, if HD came out with a new XLCR, how long would it be before we saw one that someone had "personalized" with drag pipes, saddlebags and a sissy bar?

Moved On / My Own Choice
18th June 2007, 18:48
Man, Kevin, I'm agreeing with about everything you say.

Be careful, don't agree with me too much or you'll loose rep points - lol, Kev ;)

bama000
18th June 2007, 18:51
I just rode a friend's new Ducati Monster. It's like cheating when you put it through the turns.

chrisg
19th June 2007, 03:34
Uh, hey Harley, don't you guys already have a prototype of something like this? Doh!:doh Why don't you just bring the damn thing to market (at a reasonable price) and see if we pony up instead of just talk about what we want.