PDA

View Full Version : EAST COAST SPORTSTER CLUB??

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 00:54
OK....Is anyone interested in forming a New Jersey or Tri-State or East Coast XL Sportster Club?? :smoke

raysheen
21st May 2005, 00:55
New Hampshire Chapter checking in :)

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 01:09
Cool...we're growing already!! :smoke

dblkick
21st May 2005, 01:19
I'm with Ray :clap

Dave

dmraco
21st May 2005, 01:20
yep. alway ready for a good club

barry1967
21st May 2005, 01:20
RI here. But I wanna be PRESIDENT

or at least a general....General Nuisance is OK too.

arby
21st May 2005, 01:24
I'm ready.

exit143
21st May 2005, 01:26
Toms River NJ Chapter Checking in!

XLFREAK
21st May 2005, 01:29
New York contingent here.

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 01:32
Start thinking of an Official name and I'll set-up a 5-10 page Web Site and Link it to the XL-Forum if its ok with Bert. :smoke

HellRazur
21st May 2005, 01:40
Va chapter checking in. I have never been in a club before. Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling.

ESCOBAR
21st May 2005, 01:42
LOWER SLOWER DELAWARE IN DA HOUSE :laugh :laugh :laugh

:D ESCO PRESENT :D

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 01:57
Va chapter checking in. I have never been in a club before. Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling.

Almost like being in The Mickey Mouse Club!! :smoke

Tribe92Z
21st May 2005, 02:04
Another in VA here.

raysheen
21st May 2005, 02:06
Almost like being in The Mickey Mouse Club!! :smoke
do we get to wear the ears?!?!?!

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 02:12
Yes you can wear the ears...but I would be careful about wearing them to bed with your ol lady...she might get some other ideas...then you'll really see something fuzzy! :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 03:17
Here's my contribution....

1) East Coast Sportster Association (E.C.S.A.)

This could be the Club name for the entire East Coast district.....

With individual Chapters like New Jersey Chapter, New Hampshire Chapter, Virgina Chapter, Delaware Chapter Penn Chapter,. etc. or each Chapter could pick an individual name for their Chapters other then using their states name only..like 'Yankee Chapter' of the East Coast Sportster Association....

If other Members of the XL Forum wanted to join...they could do a Midwest Sportsers Association...Southern Sportster Association, Northern Sportster Association, West Coast Sportster Association, etc.

I would base the Association on already successfully formed M/C Clubs like the Antique Motorcycle Club of America (AMCA)....whereas they have National Club and various individual local/state Chapters thru out the country like my own 'Colonial Chapter' of the AMCA in New Jersey where I'm a Member and the Empire Chapter of the AMCA in New York....etc.

Anybody else?? :smoke

ace57
21st May 2005, 03:44
i want to be the sargeant-at-arms.

nah wait i'm too chicken.

we must have mean patches with lots of skulls, wait nix that, we'll get our asses kicked by a real OMG. :p

seriously,its a cool idea, we need to represent!!

ace57 MA Chapter

ps. we definately get to boss around future prospects.....right???

IronMick
21st May 2005, 03:58
We have a sportster club here in London. Our members come from all over southern ontario. We call the club "Sportsters", and out motto is "Ride With Pride". Our web site is at http://groups.msn.com/SportsterRidersEnthusiasts

The club was started almost 10 years ago. I joined in 2003 when i bought my first sporty.

Our dues is $30.00 per year. You must own a Sporty to join. We are a family oriented group. We meet once a month, on the second sunday, for breakfast, talk, and a group ride in reasonable weather. We have a big outdoor family party once a year with motorcycle games and all that. [I won 2nd prize in the blindfold race last year!]

We do not have a lot of rules. This is important. I have heard that some groups have "stupid" rules like "you can't wear THEIR patch if you wear ours". Whatever. We jus' wanna have good times together. We usually support a charity ride each year.

We do not stop at bars or pubs on our group rides!!!

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 04:05
i want to be the sargeant-at-arms.

nah wait i'm too chicken.

we must have mean patches with lots of skulls, wait nix that, we'll get our asses kicked by a real OMG. :p

seriously,its a cool idea, we need to represent!!

ace57 MA Chapter

ps. we definately get to boss around future prospects.....right???

Ahhh....wrong type of Club....

I was thinking more along the lines of a Club or Association dedicated to the Sportster Motorcycle itself....with respect to the XL Sportster's Historical, Mechanical contribution to motorcycling......the owners, builders and restorers of the Sportster model including the early KR flathead years.

Once we got organized as a Club or Association, we could possibly get a Non-Profit Status from the feds and hold Annual Sportster Bike Shows and Swap Meets, Road Runs and various other events for Members and their guests. :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 04:11
We have a sportster club here in London. Our members come from all over southern ontario. We call the club "Sportsters", and out motto is "Ride With Pride". Our web site is at http://groups.msn.com/SportsterRidersEnthusiasts

The club was started almost 10 years ago. I joined in 2003 when i bought my first sporty.

Our dues is $30.00 per year. You must own a Sporty to join. We are a family oriented group. We meet once a month, on the second sunday, for breakfast, talk, and a group ride in reasonable weather. We have a big outdoor family party once a year with motorcycle games and all that. [I won 2nd prize in the blindfold race last year!]

We do not have a lot of rules. This is important. I have heard that some groups have "stupid" rules like "you can't wear THEIR patch if you wear ours". Whatever. We jus' wanna have good times together. We usually support a charity ride each year.

We do not stop at bars or pubs on our group rides!!!

Yes Mick....along those lines. I would even go so far to say that we don't need any 'Patch" or 'Rockers' on the back of our jackets.

Of course we would have a national or district Logo patch like the XL-FORUM uses, decals and various T-shirts, pins and such. Plus each Chapter could make up their own T-shirts, ribbons, pins etc for their individual Chapters Road Runs or Bike Show/Swap meets.

I would invite everyone to check out the Antique Motorcycle Club of America for which I'm a Member at their website www.antiquemotorcycle.org to get an idea of what I'm proposing. This Club has been around for many years and is respected thruout the world.

This is 'NOT' a 1% type Club and has no Political or Religious affiliations. It's about old motorcycles. Our Club would be about a specific Marque...namely the Sportster XL and early KR models. :smoke

Chip
21st May 2005, 04:19
South-Central Joisey checking in. Would be nice to do a charity ride for the kids in the hospitals(toy run).

fred2000
21st May 2005, 04:24
South Jersey here....Im in.....email me if you need any help fred2000@comcast.net

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 04:36
Hey Chip...how ya doing?!

Yes, we could do a Charity Type Run also. This is just one of the many things that we could organize under our Club or Association's name depending on what type of organization we want to build.

It could be just an 'Informal' type of club or we could set about building a Club/Association along the lines of the AMCA which is Incorporated as a Club for old historical motorcycles. It has yearly Dues which are used for Insurance, advertising expenses, Club shirts/jackets/pins/patches/decals, Club magazine, charity donations, purchase of historical motorcycle literature for their research library and other club functions like hall or fairgrounds rentals and so on. :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 17:45
OK, I set up a Club Name Vote Thread.

I listed 2 Formal names for the club. I based the names on a simple premise of not naming the club anything other then what it represents so as to attract the largest group of East Coast Sportster owners and enthusiasts.

I did this so as not to alienate any one sect of Sporty rider...for instance male and female riders/owners and to represent a 'family' type club and in no way representative of a 1% Patch carrying M/C organization.

I left open a vote for a possible alternative name which would have to be followed by submitting name suggestions by you.

Upon formal election of a name I will submit various other Club Function/Rule suggestions as they present themselves by you and by way of already established club Rule Books and Club Charters for voting by our newly established club as well as a Member Roster.

HrdlyDangrs

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 18:30
I invite ALL the XL-FORUM Members regardless of their current State of residence to make suggestions for a Formal Rule Book for our newly forming Sportster organization.

I would especially welcome any XL FORUM Members with knowledge of the inner workings of known successful Motorcycle organizations. All suggestions will be considered when drawing up a final Formal Charter for our organization.

Serious suggestions only.....PLEASE :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
21st May 2005, 20:36
Move it up :bump

ace57
21st May 2005, 21:42
sorry Hardlyd. I was being fecetious, a wise guy.
sorry for the jokey-joke.

ace57

shad0w0528
21st May 2005, 22:22
I know md sporty riders are in

JaggedEdge
21st May 2005, 23:32
How about Florida
JE

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 00:33
sorry Hardlyd. I was being fecetious, a wise guy.
sorry for the jokey-joke.

ace57

What....What happened??........I thought you were kidding...that's how I took it....no problem....:D

PS just posted a response to you in case others reading might seriously think we were considering starting a 1% type M/C.

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 00:36
I know md sporty riders are in

Shadow make sure you vote on the name....go to the other Vote Thread...

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 00:39
How about Florida
JE

Yep....Florida's on the east coast last time i looked....or did you guys get blown westward last storm??.. ;)

Be sure to Vote on the name Thread...

cantolina
22nd May 2005, 01:29
Western New York is in, but I wanna see the by-laws.... ;)

Seriously, I was a Chairman of the Board for an association once....as a group, we could really do some good somewhere....and that's why I would join such an association....to do things to help people, with people I like and respect...

I'm in!

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 02:07
catolina...All proposed By-Laws or Rules for the Club/Association will be voted in by the general membership.

Any and all suggestions from any XL-FORUM Members who have experiance with the day to day running of a Club/Asociation from legal, insurance, by-Laws, elections etc. are welcomed.

I think we can get a good start on our Club/Association Rules by adopting reasonable examples of existing motorcycle Organizations Rules that would fit our own needs. Organizations to look to for examples would be the national AMA, AMCA (Antique motorcycle Club of America) as well as various successful M/C groups like Norton Owners Assoc., H.O.G. Chapters, etc....

Some of our own XL-FORUM Members like IronMick who is already an active member of a Sportster Club in Canada could make some suggestions and share their experiences in the workings of the Club and its function. :smoke

shad0w0528
22nd May 2005, 03:07
Hrdly you know I voted-lol

ray

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 03:42
Noted...Thanks Ray!

HellRazur
22nd May 2005, 14:27
Hey Hrdly, I think we should start out simple with out alot of
rules and regs. See how its gona grow and the attitude of the group. From there make tweeks and changes to steer the group in the direction you or the majority of the group think it should. Patchs are a must I think. I am sure someone in here would love to make them up and as someone wants one sell it to them. Just my .2, But what do I know I am just a back woods redneck.

Oh yea, you know the patchs will sell like hot cakes.

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 17:15
Hey Hrdly, I think we should start out simple with out alot of
rules and regs. See how its gona grow and the attitude of the group. From there make tweeks and changes to steer the group in the direction you or the majority of the group think it should.

Yes...that is the intention. When I mention "Rules", its just basic stuff...nothing heavy. These so-called "Rules" are not meant to stifle or control any Member(s) or their ideas, but rather to be used in attaining the goals of the Membership in regards to Club functions and so on.

Example 1....'Eligibility' to join the Cub/Assoc...Does the person(s) have to 'OWN' a Sportster or can they just be an Enthusiast and want to work with the group to further the organization itself...like a Spouse or other individual.

Example 2....'Model Recognition'...Are only Sportsers with the XL SPORTSTER designation allowed in the Club or do we recognize the early 50's K and KR Flatheads that preceeded the actual introduction of the XL model in 1957? Also...Do we recognize the BUELL Model as an extension of the SPORTSTER line??

Example (3) 'Dues'...Do we set Annual Club Dues or no Dues??

Example (4a) Do we have just one large East Coast Club/Assoc or do we break it down in to 'Chapters' in each State?? (4b) What States or Territory represents the East Coast??

These are just a few examples of basic "Rules" that will help define the premise of the Club/Assoc itself. Naturally if the Club/Association should grow...then we would probably have to re-write the "Rules" or adopt new ones to keep the organization running smoothly. :smoke

cantolina
22nd May 2005, 17:18
I would suggest we start with a "mission statement"...

Whattya got? :)

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 17:19
Yes...that would be the right way to start. A 'Constitution' as they say or 'Premise' if you would. :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 18:15
Name of Club selection....

NOTE....Whatever name we select for our Club/Assoc does not have to remain "written in stone".

The name is to get us started as a Club/Assoc and can be changed or modified at any time by the general Membership for whatever reason we decide.

You can see that I have not voted, nor will I, as I am leaving it up to you guys to decide.

Once we decide the name, my intention is to start a smalll website (unless you guys have something else in mind) to help us further the Clubs business and growth. Possibly a GoDaddy's inexpensive 5-10 page website for which I'm familiar with from my own website or a Yahoo paid site that would eliminate those annoying pop up ads. (If any of your guys are good at websites and want to volunteer...please do!!)

Simple and inexspensive and initially open to the Membership only, the website will allow us to create our 'By-Laws' or Rule book and elect our officers or should I say 'gluttons for punishment' :shhhh., without taking up any more of Berts website space. Of course we'll link it to the XL-FORUM and share info with the rest of the XL-FORUM members.

You guys can let me know if this is a good idea or not or want to go a different route. :smoke

HrdlyDangrs
22nd May 2005, 22:12
Club Name Voting Poll Closed....See 'EAST COAST SPORTSTER CLUB NAME VOTE' Thread for results and comments. :smoke

ScotlanX
26th July 2016, 21:19
Hell yes! When do you gents wanna meet and ride?!

ScotlanX
26th July 2016, 21:20
Facebook would be a better forum to coordinate, meet and discuss? i dont have an FB account but for this i would get one.

CaptEvo
26th July 2016, 22:53
It's an 11 year old thread.....lol Brick NJ here though.

ReddTigger
26th July 2016, 23:30
There's also the Philly hooligans group and the northeast long haul riders group...

Lots of people near that area that ride a lot..