PDA

View Full Version : Grey Drop Seat Sportster Stolen

coolcat2002
19th September 2010, 16:20
From my private driveway between 9:00pm September 18 to September 19 2:30pm, here in Washington DC. It says Detroit Brothers, Inc on the gas tank with an eyeball for a gascap.

I think next time I will have a comprehensive coverage. They didn't steal my other bike right next to it though. That one weighs twice as much.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z262/coolcat2002/Picture1008.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z262/coolcat2002/Picture1007.jpg

steelworker
19th September 2010, 16:33
Sorry to hear that - I feel for you. I hope the bastards are caught and suitable vengeance is visited upon them.

Aeris-Logan
19th September 2010, 16:36
Hopefully the thief is a true moron and just tries to ride the bike around town and is caught. Thats definitely a noticeable bike. My neighbor has a 2002 Sporty with a purple tank. The dipshits that stole it just rode it around their neighborhood and it happened that some of people he knew saw the bike, kicked the punk's asses and returned his bike to his driveway.

nmbillb
1st October 2010, 08:26
Dude, that sucks. Good luck.

sportsterdude.248
1st October 2010, 09:31
That really sucks. Jump on craigslist and look for parts frame and motor that match yours.

Groovie Ghoulie
1st October 2010, 09:46
sucks man, sorry. but that frame looks literally like a ball buster if ya have to make a sudden stop.

Vassago
1st October 2010, 10:17
i live just outside DC i will definitly keep an eye out for you man.

coolcat2002
6th October 2010, 19:03
Bike is recovered. It was about 4 blocks from my house about how far you would get if you don't turn the petcock on o_O

The guy saw it had been sitting there for a week and finally called the police. The cops gave him my address but wrong apt number. So he rolled it into his garage and tried to knock on my door but I'm at work 9-5pm. Four days later, he got a hold of me at 11:30am when I just happen to be home. It's fully intact and I had left left the keys in the ignition. :doh

I gave him $300 reward. I just can't believe the cops pretty much made him get a hold of me.

thatbikerguy
6th October 2010, 19:08
Wow! I'm glad you got it back!!!! Friend request comin'

flashedwards
6th October 2010, 19:12
It's great that you got it back...untouched. I guess that LEOs have more important things to do than to let you know the whereabouts of your stolen property. A phone call wouldn't have taken that much manpower. I'm happy for you that it turned out as well as it did!!!
Flash

Durockrolly
6th October 2010, 19:48
I'm glad you got it back. I'll put the 357 away and cancel the trip to DC!:clap

Flame__
6th October 2010, 20:14
*sniff* I love a happy ending! Now, where's you're -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- keys now? I'll bet they aren't in the sporty!! I'm glad you're not one of those guys that puts the "Turn the gas on dummy" stickers on the bike!

sporty01
6th October 2010, 20:47
It's great that you got it back...untouched. I guess that LEOs have more important things to do than to let you know the whereabouts of your stolen property. A phone call wouldn't have taken that much manpower. I'm happy for you that it turned out as well as it did!!!
Flash

another instance of if it doesnt hold a profit for them they cant be bothered. if it was a bag of dope you can bet they would have done something with it. most cops are just as shady as most crooks. not all but most.you surely cant depend on them to uphold the law. glad you got your bike back dude. kudos to the guy down the street.

ChinCactus
6th October 2010, 21:03
Good to hear you got it back! Both bikes are extremely cool!

We had a case here where I live, Dude serving in Iraq had 10 restored bikes (Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs) stolen from his house/shop. Takes a REAL scumbag to rip off a soldier serving our country.

About 6 months later the cops recovered most of them!!! Turned out to be the work of a former "friend" who knew the bikes and the owner was away.

Jim

Ireeman
6th October 2010, 21:21
Glad it worked out.

These farkin pirates that think they can take from , rather then work for , a honest man is down right foul. There is no yard arm too tall to hang them from, dammit.

RIDERED67
17th November 2011, 19:42
Somthing doesnt sound right with your story..... A recovered stolen vehicle is a big deal which would prompt an investigation by any police department. I really doubt the police would show up, confirm that it was stolen and then just hand it over to some random dude that just happened to be the one to find it/report it.

Have you personally confirmed this story with the police department that you initially reported the theft to?

Maybe the guy you rewarded was somehow in on the deal.....

Either way im glad you got your bike back!

Flame__
17th November 2011, 19:50
Somthing doesnt sound right with your story..... A recovered stolen vehicle is a big deal which would prompt an investigation by any police department. I really doubt the police would show up, confirm that it was stolen and then just hand it over to some random dude that just happened to be the one to find it/report it.

Have you personally confirmed this story with the police department that you initially reported the theft to?

Maybe the guy you rewarded was somehow in on the deal.....

Either way im glad you got your bike back!
Over a year ago.