PDA

View Full Version : Stolen unfinished custom chopper

XLFREAK
19th October 2007, 07:15
Hi there I want to pass along some info.

I am a bike Rider got a Harley myself and I am a Investigator for a Sheriffs Office in Mo. near US 63 and the Ark Border .

we had a shop broke into " Southbound Cycles "

They had a cool looking unfinished bike taken .

It had a Ultima 127 engine .

Ultima 5 speed tranny , Ultima frame and was a roller in need of paint and wires . It had a stretched tank the owner made .

It also had those cool forks like a Fatboy has with the covers on the sliders making them look fat .

It was somewhere near the Ark-Mo. border and the scumbags were going to part it out but then it went underground again . i think it was getting hot in the kitchen but its been a couple months so I will ask for some help .

If you have bought any parts like this or have any info. You can drop me a line at 417-855-0186 .

thanks , I hate a friggin theif . Later , Jafo

AOW
23rd October 2007, 21:33
Bump......

Bob F
23rd October 2007, 21:39
Everyone hates a theif, scum of the earth. Good luck finding the scoot.

Scooter_Trash
1st November 2007, 20:35
I take it the builder didn't take any "progress pics" of the build. That would be helpfull.

shotgun46
1st February 2009, 19:33
any resluts on this bike yet ?

vermonner
30th April 2009, 20:25
http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/1143215759.html

Not looking to make trouble, but this almost sounds too good to be true, so I thought of you when I read this post

Kwest187
30th April 2009, 20:29
Yeah I just read the post and the craigslist ad...I think something is fishy...might at least be worth it to check out...

williamv1203
30th April 2009, 20:38
Can anybody contact Jafo over this? He hasn't been on here since Jan 11 2009.

Brad
30th April 2009, 21:01
I left a message at the number that he listed in the OP.

1STONE
30th April 2009, 21:23
wow - hope all is ok, that listing sounds kinda mmmm the same

XLFREAK
30th April 2009, 23:13
I got you Guys messages. Thanks working on it now.

Dont know but its a shot anyway.

Wish I had the dough for that stuff if it aint hot. :rolleyes:

Gone
1st May 2009, 22:51
Just checked the link and the poster pulled the listing, I m guessing he figured the jig was up. Sounds like you guys found Jafo's bike. Let find the thief and !!!!! em up GOOD:banana

bdbecker
1st May 2009, 23:51
Let us know how it turns out Jafo!

williamv1203
2nd May 2009, 09:00
Just checked the link and the poster pulled the listing, I'm guessing he figured the jig was up.

:doh How would he figure this? Possibly a tip off? Using google for info searches?
Either way, Jafo and Co. probably got contact details before hand. Hopefully! :wonderlan

XLFREAK
4th May 2009, 07:22
I figure somebody dropped a dime. But yes I got names and addresses and the Cops knew he Dude by name because of a prior traffic offense. The Vt. State Police are on it.
will let you all know asap.

May be a coincidence but the pics looke very similar to ours.

Takingabreak
4th May 2009, 07:27
Interesting.........the post was deleted by the author.

Johnny Wolf
4th May 2009, 08:34
I figure somebody dropped a dime. But yes I got names and addresses and the Cops knew he Dude by name because of a prior traffic offense. The Vt. State Police are on it.
will let you all know asap.

May be a coincidence but the pics looke very similar to ours.

Wow, this is gettin' good. Yes please keep us posted.

Weo
4th May 2009, 09:02
Fingers are crossed! :)

Blaze
4th May 2009, 09:57
I hope you've finaly got it and ya get eveyone involved (I'm guessing more than one).

XLFREAK
12th May 2009, 16:27
Hey guys the Vermont State Police checked out the Bike and the Vin/serial numbers were not a match to our stolen bike. It was a builder bike from a local shop. He had the documentation.

All the parts were the same, almost but no cigar.

It was a good try and I thank you Guys for pointing me in that direction.

If the Guy with the Bike reads this, sorry the Police came to your house but if it were your stolen bike you would want the same attempt.
Sorry for the inconvience.

williamv1203
13th May 2009, 06:10
Hey guys the Vermont State Police checked out the Bike and the Vin/serial numbers were not a match to our stolen bike. It was a builder bike from a local shop. He had the documentation.

All the parts were the same, almost but no cigar.

It was a good try and I thank you Guys for pointing me in that direction.

If the Guy with the Bike reads this, sorry the Police came to your house but if it were your stolen bike you would want the same attempt.
Sorry for the inconvience.

Just hope they (police) didn't go in like stormtroopers and explained the reason for the visit.

Gone
13th May 2009, 15:56
Well then, probably some drug dealer in Columbia is counting the bugs in his teeth about now.