The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Sportster R.I.P. (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2079775)

perfesser 15th July 2021 04:20

don't hold your breath. the moco has shown their commitment to sport and performance by quitting flat track and drag racing this year.

IXL2Relax 15th July 2021 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfesser (Post 5905126)
don't hold your breath. the moco has shown their [lack of] commitment to sport and performance by quitting flat track and drag racing this year.

They killed off the best chance they had for that when they flushed Buell out the door. :frownthre

IXL _______ >>>> My Motorcycle Chronicles Are Here <<<<
For Sportster Tech Info:
Ride The Sportsterpedia - A Toll-Free XLForum Information Highway!

FreedomPenguin 15th July 2021 04:45

to be honest, I dont understand why companies waste money in all that extra stuff. I would sponsor less of those and put more money into R&D and sales. I wouldnt put any $$$ into sponsoring/racing/flat anything. just seems like a waste.

they already have the image, they dont need to sponsor $$$ for racing and such. it isn't going to attract buyers as much as just putting nice bikes out.

TPEHAK 15th July 2021 06:17

Liquid cooled engine means more headache. More maintenance, less reliable.

XL Ed 15th July 2021 14:05

Oh really? Makes you wonder why Porsche and VW went liquid.

sportytrace 15th July 2021 15:19

This bike makes me very happy about 2 things:
1. That I invested money in engine, braking and suspension upgrades on my current sporty so that I already have 121 ponies and 90 ft/lb of torque; and
2. That I purchased a liquid cooled Triumph Bonneville that stayed true to that brand's heritage instead of waiting for this bike.

I had been a little worried I'd fall in lust with the new 1250 bike, and have to make some hard decisions. But instead I thank HD make it so easy for me as the final styling holds ZERO appeal to me. And the price point makes the competitors' offerings seem hugely better value. I suspect I'd VERY much enjoy riding this "S" with the mid-mount option, and would appreciate the same tech I've come to love in my Triumph, but there's no way I can look at it and smile at it's "curb presence". I'm sure it's looks will appeal to others... but it is not for me. To me it looks like a caricature... *sigh* ... maybe, just maybe, it'll look better in person :dunno

Steve9 15th July 2021 15:39

Just business.

Some take it personally, but just business

Tomcatt 15th July 2021 16:48

Do we actually know yet if the current Evo Sportster will still be sold in 2022 in non-EURO5 markets like the USA?

sportsterpaul 15th July 2021 17:06

They should run it out as long as possible as they don’t have any type of entry level machine to offer. Its price point is with the softail range which I would think might come back and bite them?
So glad I’ve got enough Sportster stuff to last me the days I have left.........

Tomcatt 15th July 2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsterpaul (Post 5905234)
They should run it out as long as possible as they don’t have any type of entry level machine to offer...

That's my assumption also but I was wondering if we had anything more definitive than assumptions.

Maybe we need ANOTHER thread on the same topic...:frownthre