The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   Riding Tips & Safety Advice (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A MG midget driver tried to kill me today. (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2074461)

Bored now 24th August 2019 20:33

A MG midget driver tried to kill me today.

Today at about 16:30 on the A38 westbound between Marsh Mills and Manadon exits on the A38 in Plymouth UK a driver tried to kill me, not accidentally but deliberately. They were driving a modified MG Midget, I know my MGs as I drove A CGT for thirty years. He refused to use the inside lane although it was empty for miles then finally moved to the inside lane and then when I passed turned directly in to me, his front bumper hit my boot and lower leg, he did this at 70 mph. I was on my real sports bike. I slowed all traffic and forced him to come off at the Manadon exit and confronted him, he claimed the MG was not able to maintain road holding like a modern car, bullshit, He had an unsecured collie dog in the passenger seat in his open topped car but here is the thing, his defence was he was a motorcyclist, he drove a 1200 cc bike, guess what 1200 bike he claimed gave him the right to try and kill me!

NLXL 24th August 2019 21:21

You should make a report to the police. I hope you have his license plate. Even though this ended lucky enough without you being seriously harmed, next time this ***hole will try it again at someone else. Let the police try talk some sense in him, maybe it wakes him up when they pay him a visit.

Ireeman 24th August 2019 21:24

Are you sure? When in the last 10 years has a MG Midget actualy started ( and ran well enough ) to negotiate a roadway?

rokytnji 24th August 2019 21:27

Good story ending.

bustert 24th August 2019 23:15

sadly, over here, either would be dead and the other in lockup.

Sprtstr1200s 24th August 2019 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustert (Post 5772575)

I agree!

Hopalong48 25th August 2019 00:41

I dint know a midget could get up to 70 mph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

sportsterpaul 25th August 2019 02:48

Must have been downhill with a strong tailwind?

harley506d 25th August 2019 09:02

That's well bad.
If his car won't steer safely then it should not be on the road.
Sounds like a proper toss pot. Report him.
I drove a brand new Midget once, a lovely bit of kit. 40 mins later when the engine was knackered and the rust started showing i gave it back to the proud new owner.

Nibelungen 25th August 2019 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustert (Post 5772575)

that's a good one...
made me smile a bitter laugh...

over here not always you need to have a firearm to teach some good manners

happy ending anyway... and i'd report to authorithies