The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   ECM Relocation Options Thread (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=670773)

PetesPonies 13th April 2019 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Sporty 48 (Post 5741518)
Thanks a bunch.
Used your measurements to finally get to fix my '08 Roadster ECU relocate problem.
Ordered a Battery Tender BTL12A270CW, numbers, tech changes so fast.

Last time used the turbo toasted the ECU cover on the '10 48, need to relocate the ECU away from the rear exhaust port, back of the head.

You guys helped me solve 2 problems, yippee.

Very cool. I'm still building this Roadster that I want to move the box. I am working on it here and there. Just getting ready to paint the wheels. I haven't need to move the box yet, but it's on my mind. What battery did you end up buying?? and did you need to do anything to the wiring harness to the box?

Turbo Sporty 48 14th April 2019 01:10

First things First

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetesPonies (Post 5741543)
Very cool. I'm still building this Roadster that I want to move the box. I am working on it here and there. Just getting ready to paint the wheels. I haven't need to move the box yet, but it's on my mind. What battery did you end up buying?? and did you need to do anything to the wiring harness to the box?

Ordered a Battery Tender BTL12A270CW.

Actually, want to order new fenders. The rear is rusted and has the ecu in the fender. Cannot use the comfy Sundowner seat already owned. First things first.
The wiring manipulations are yet to come. Will post about it when done. But it has been done and pictured earlier in the thread.

PetesPonies 14th April 2019 01:44

OK I was confused. I saw Battery Tender and thought it was a charger/maintenance device, not a battery :)

PetesPonies 14th April 2019 01:56

I just looked that battery up . . ouch !!! :)

Turbo Sporty 48 14th April 2019 10:58

Lithium can last a very long time.
Did you check out that batteries features?
Not trying to sway you, being thrifty, this purchase took a long time to justify.

PetesPonies 14th April 2019 19:33

No didn't look hard at it. I've read a little, know there are benefits. Seems the IRON is the style to get, not an ION.

Turbo Sporty 48 22nd May 2019 23:05

Gosh am I slow.
Sent back the Battery Tender battery, caution if you buy by Amazon, manufacturer might not want to support, not worth the hassle, just sent it back when there was a problem.
Bought an EarthX ETX24C from the manufacturer. Starts right up.
Put on the Sundowner seat that was given with the bike when I bought it about 5 years ago.
ECU is above the battery, snuggled in with foam sent with the battery.

rejeanprimeau 22nd May 2019 23:27

Just strap the battery, lithium don't like insulation around them.

PetesPonies 23rd May 2019 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Sporty 48 (Post 5750095)
Gosh am I slow.
Sent back the Battery Tender battery, caution if you buy by Amazon, manufacturer might not want to support, not worth the hassle, just sent it back when there was a problem.
Bought an EarthX EXT24C from the manufacturer. Starts right up.
Put on the Sundowner seat that was given with the bike when I bought it about 5 years ago.
ECU is above the battery, snuggled in with foam sent with the battery.

ETX24C . . you got the T and X backwards , if anyone is looking for one :)

Turbo Sporty 48 23rd May 2019 16:01

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetesPonies (Post 5750154)
ETX24C . . you got the T and X backwards , if anyone is looking for one :)

I corrected the mistake in the earlier post.
Thanks for pointing it out