The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Metzeler Cruisetec (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2073029)

Nibelungen 13th April 2019 19:33

Metzeler Cruisetec
 
i think next tires swap i'll give these a try...

https://www.metzeler.com/en-us/produ...etec#gallery-0

Four Speed 13th April 2019 21:44

Yes, they look good. I tried the Bridgestone H50s which are a similar tyre and I much prefer them to my old Commander IIs.
They are much more contoured, so you can enjoy leaning the bike. Let us know how you get on with the Cruisetecs.

tvon 14th April 2019 06:07

Wondering how these compare to the ME888. I got those 2 years ago and love them so far. But i have not ridden the Commander II or the American Elites, which were the other two i considered.

Nibelungen 14th April 2019 10:09

Tires are like shoes...
You have to try them first...

Four Speed 14th April 2019 12:03

Quote:

Tires are like shoes...You have to try them first...
Exactly. I have come to the conclusion that I still prefer tyres designed for lean and grip rather than mileage, even thought I ride sedately now.
It is what you get used to. Back in the day when I used to ride in a more spirited fashion, folks used to run Dunlop KR124s with the legend
not for highway use ground off the sidewall; allegedly!

60Gunner 14th April 2019 12:24

My local Indy is giving me a set at cost installed to get some feedback on them.

sportytrace 22nd April 2019 05:26

What about these grabbed your attention and made you curious enough to wish to try them next? What do you currently run with?

xlerate 22nd April 2019 06:16

I'm running Battlecruise H50's, don't like them as much as Night Dragons. Going to try Cruisetec's next after installing the 570 cams.

Nibelungen 22nd April 2019 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportytrace (Post 5743291)
What about these grabbed your attention and made you curious enough to wish to try them next? What do you currently run with?

these tyres grabbed the preference of my cousin who have a far greater experience than me and had mounted them in one of his bikes... this alone is for me enough to give them a try...

i am running stock Schorchers... since Pirelli Sport Demons are not permitted anymore for my bike 'cause the weight index a bit lower than that figured on circulation card...
i'm quite happy with them on dry roads... they are much sensitve an told you when they are close to the limit in a gentle manner...
not so well on wet... when even when i open the throttle uphill they slide... and thank God i had a stock EFI 883...

nice to hear you again Tracey

sportytrace 22nd April 2019 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelungen (Post 5743298)
these tyres grabbed the preference of my cousin who have a far greater experience than me and had mounted them in one of his bikes... this alone is for me enough to give them a try...

Ahhh, very good! This was the type of answer I was very much hoping for. And I assume your cousin also runs on mountain roads similar to you and in most weather. I've really only been able to find reviews from the press release, and wanted to hear from people who value handling during spirited riding over mileage.
Quote:

i am running stock Schorchers... since Pirelli Sport Demons are not permitted anymore for my bike 'cause the weight index a bit lower than that figured on circulation card...
i'm quite happy with them on dry roads... they are much sensitve an told you when they are close to the limit in a gentle manner...
not so well on wet... when even when i open the throttle uphill they slide... and thank God i had a stock EFI 883...
All great feedback, thank you. I have a similar issue with running the Sport Demons which were my initial preference this time, but my insurance company would question it if I needed to make a claim.
Quote:

nice to hear you again Tracey
:) I'm in need of new tyres, so am actively searching the tyre threads for good info and working out my Googling skills.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlerate (Post 5743296)
I'm running Battlecruise H50's, don't like them as much as Night Dragons. Going to try Cruisetec's next after installing the 570 cams.

That's useful feedback, thanks! I liked the Night Dragons well enough in Townsville, but now I'm mostly running through the mountains again, I'd prefer a sportier profile/ stickier compound. Contemplating a few different options; some familiar to me, some new-ish to the market like the Battlecruise H50.
I thought it interesting the press release of the Battlecruise was in (largely flat) Florida versus Cruisetec in the (somewhat curvy) Ozarks. It probably doesn't mean anything at all other than ease of event planning, but it certainly sent me a "subliminal" message.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
XL Forum® - Linson Media LLC