The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   SuperBrace (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   SuperBrace Group Buy 2016 (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1998775)

dan2640 10th December 2016 21:15

SuperBrace Group Buy 2016

Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1226 (Post 5475498)
I'll join if I ever hear what I'll be paying if it doesn't crack 50 people. I don't do mysteries. As it stands, anything short of 50 is just a failed group buy. I'm not in the mood to be expected to pay some amount I never really agreed to.

It may be a great product, and it still may end up being a good deal, but the terms are way too vague for my tastes right now.

This is an excellent point, as I have already signed up for the group buy I'm obligated to submit payment information at the close of the buyers period. I'd like to know what I'm expected to pay if we don't crack at least 50...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.R. John 12th December 2016 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1226 (Post 5475498)
I'll join if I ever hear what I'll be paying if it doesn't crack 50 people. I don't do mysteries. As it stands, anything short of 50 is just a failed group buy. I'm not in the mood to be expected to pay some amount I never really agreed to.

It may be a great product, and it still may end up being a good deal, but the terms are way too vague for my tastes right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan2640 (Post 5475500)
This is an excellent point, as I have already signed up for the group buy I'm obligated to submit payment information at the close of the buyers period. I'd like to know what I'm expected to pay if we don't crack at least 50...

I agree. I have always heard such good things about this vendor and this product. ESPECIALLY since I called the vendor and told them about the multiple questions being posted on this thread - someone from the company should have addressed these questions by now. (I.e., What is the group buy price for a group less than 50? and When do the orders ship?)

Enough time has passed for someone from SuperBrace to have responded. I am very disappointed.

vlad_t 12th December 2016 13:55

I got a response from them that the orders will start being shipped on the 17th.

O.R. John 12th December 2016 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlad_t (Post 5476159)
I got a response from them that the orders will start being shipped on the 17th.

Thanks for the update!

sml1226 12th December 2016 14:13

I appreciate knowing they want to get it out quickly, but how much is it? They seem like good people to deal with, so I wasn't really questioning if they'd get them out or how quickly they would do so. The big question is the obvious lack of turnout and how that affects the group they don't mention in the 1-49 range.

I'll happily support them if I'm not on mystery terms. I've been tempted at retail price multiple times. I'm just not excited by the prospect of potentially saving a ton, but not knowing until the bill arrives.

Turbo Sporty 48 12th December 2016 15:30

I very much doubt that Superbrace will ship anything COD.
The list signees will have to pay before shipment.
But then again California is a special place.

sml1226 12th December 2016 21:46

Oh I didn't mean that. I meant you're expected to pay, no matter the price, if you've signed up, but you are unaware of what that price will be until you're told to pay. A simple, "if we have 1-20, ... 21-49, ..." or whatever would put my one concern with this buy to rest, but it starts at 50, with no mention of what is likely our situation here at the end of this.

Ranchero50 12th December 2016 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1226 (Post 5476288)
Oh I didn't mean that. I meant you're expected to pay, no matter the price, if you've signed up, but you are unaware of what that price will be until you're told to pay. A simple, "if we have 1-20, ... 21-49, ..." or whatever would put my one concern with this buy to rest, but it starts at 50, with no mention of what is likely our situation here at the end of this.

I think you are overthinking this. At the very worst you'll pay full retail and shipping (if charged, IDK), same as any other time of the year. The vendor is most likely trying to reduce inventory for tax purposes. The part looks like it has 3-4 machining processes, anodizing and packing so I doubt they want to do a rush production run this time of year.

sml1226 12th December 2016 23:29

I expect that much. I have done quite a few underperforming group buys though, and have always known the conditions of all outcomes beforehand, or at least been updated regarding any unexpected outcomes as they developed.

It's not that I think I'll somehow be overcharged, it's just that I don't like the bit of mystery to the current situation. Given the turnout, the one bit of information we don't have is becoming increasingly relevant.

O.R. John 13th December 2016 12:41

Well, I just checked the group buy page to see if we were any closer to 50, but now the "Group Buy Customers so far" section is completely blank.

The last I checked (yesterday), there were about 21.