The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   South East Ohio fall ride. Sunday Oct. 8th 2017 (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2039685)

gravydog 6th September 2017 01:14

South East Ohio fall ride. Sunday Oct. 8th 2017

Ok folks, BKB and I have a fall ride planed for the South East corner of the state, South of rt 70 and East of 77. There are a lot of good roads in the area, most of them are in part of the Wayne national forest. I just rode the area this past Sunday and 556 and 536 have fresh pavement.:clap

If your reading this your invited. The plan is to meet at 10 AM at the Speedway gas station where rt 36 and rt 77 meet near Newcomerstown and head out from there. If anybody lives in the area we are heading to we can arrange a second meeting point.

Hope to see some Ohio members there, weather permitting.

pdavis5160 6th September 2017 01:43

Cotton wants to know if this is your practice run for hosting next years Meet and Greet..

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

gravydog 6th September 2017 01:46

No, this is the Fall Ohio 1 day mini meet and greet!

pdavis5160 6th September 2017 02:09

Dammit, I just checked the calender and saw that it's a Sunday. If it would have been a Saturday, I could ride over after work on Friday and grab a motel. With it being a Sunday, I don't think I could ride all day, then back home another 150 miles and still make it to work early Monday morning .

gravydog 6th September 2017 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdavis5160 (Post 5590394)
Dammit, I just checked the calender and saw that it's a Sunday. If it would have been a Saturday, I could ride over after work on Friday and grab a motel. With it being a Sunday, I don't think I could ride all day, then back home another 150 miles and still make it to work early Monday morning .

Sorry bud, I picked a Sunday on purpose because there is a lot of fracking and pipeline work going on in the area and they usually work on Saturdays so there will be a lot of truck traffic.

You live in Clarksburg right? Google says it's only 82.5 miles from Marietta. This ride will touch the Ohio river several times during the day, no reason you couldn't head home anytime you want.

pdavis5160 6th September 2017 02:24

I haven't totally rejected the idea. If the weather works in my favor and the stars align, I'll do my best to get there.

sportsterpaul 6th September 2017 03:08

Pat, C'mon mannnnn, you can do it. Hell I may even drop down from here, it's only a day ride after all!

pdavis5160 6th September 2017 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsterpaul (Post 5590411)
Pat, C'mon mannnnn, you can do it. Hell I may even drop down from here, it's only a day ride after all!

I'm more than likely gonna try, I ride around that general area anyway, and it's really nice.

Zoharo 6th September 2017 06:22

Be good to see everyone, again. Body repaired itself, so count me in.

gravydog 6th September 2017 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoharo (Post 5590444)
Be good to see everyone, again. Body repaired itself, so count me in.

Glad to hear that all is well, l look forward to sharing the road with you

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk