The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® (http://xlforum.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Any of you daily trade in the stock market? (http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2079874)

xena 26th July 2021 22:26

Any of you daily trade in the stock market?

Just curious if any of my fellow XLF members trade? During covid lock down I started studying how to. After about six months of growing my account and going up and down I finally have a system down and am consistent. I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends of family who trade so it gets lonely and I have nobody to bounce ideas with.

kitabel 27th July 2021 00:18

The stock market is publicly displayed to attract the prey animals (people with less than $1 million in play) to develop a "system". The market news, press releases, P/E ratios, market share, interviews are all to herd the beasts into the chute.
Very tough to beat indexed funds.

Fivecats 27th July 2021 00:26

Congrats... I started in 2000, got my online account with what's now Ameritrade. Still there, like the platform.
When the plague hit I was margined heavily and paid the price... But I'm back in, which makes me happy. :p I love the math, numbers, percentages, research and the charts.
I have talked with people who have spent $$$ on a so called "system". Makes me ill. The $$$ they spent IMHO should/could have been used to fund a trading account, that they NEVER got. That would have given them access to info, ideas and reduced "fees" for trading.
Have learned I can loose $$$ ALMOST as fast as a broker, except I am the one who works the numbers {%} and mostly I am the one that sends the order. No worries.
Rite now, as before, dividends paid are necessary as well as buying the drop.

As a disclosure... I have never had to have/needed the funds in the trading account.

xlerate 27th July 2021 03:41

Yes, I do...got Harley-Davidson shares, too!

xena 28th July 2021 14:10

Thanks for commenting guys. Wow Fivecats you’ve been at it a long time that’s awesome! I wish I had started when I was younger. I’ve done so many stupid things financially over the course of my life and here am almost 60 and not much saved. I’ve been consistently green every week for awhile now and I found my strong point to be scalping options. At the beginning I almost nuked a 30k account then starting utilizing the tools and info n Ameritrade and doing much better now.
Xlerate Ive traded HOG a few times too.

Steve9 28th July 2021 17:42

Yeh
I had a lot of fun back in '01-early 2000's

I believe the algorithms used make it very hard anymore. I quit years ago.

Jberg93 29th July 2021 01:47

I just got into it this year! I found a discord of people. We all discuss thoughts. They make good calls based on patterns . Up 97 percent this month

xena 29th July 2021 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jberg93 (Post 5907749)
I just got into it this year! I found a discord of people. We all discuss thoughts. They make good calls based on patterns . Up 97 percent this month

I started several years ago but just this January started studying more in depth and just the past couple months things have clicked and I’m consistently making money finally. Which discord are you in? I have hesitated because I use a tablet and it’s not a very good one to load a bunch of apps on. 97% is amazing!

Fifty150 29th July 2021 07:51

The market offers a lot. It could be a lifetime of study, practice, and painful lessons.

I don't "day trade". If that's what you mean by daily trading. I have zero risk tolerance for speculative trading. Just me. I don't have the money to lose, or the guts to gamble it. My own opinion is that penny stocks and futures trading aren't for me either. I don't trade in things like Nikola Motors, startup battery companies, closed loop shrimp farming, cannabis companies, bankrupt car rental agencies, cruise ships which have had zero income and still racking up debt, et cetera. I'm much more conservative. Buy & hold. Long term with a dividend. Very modest exposure. Diversified holdings so all of my money isn't on Tesla and Gamestop.

Jberg93 29th July 2021 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xena (Post 5907756)
I started several years ago but just this January started studying more in depth and just the past couple months things have clicked and I’m consistently making money finally. Which discord are you in? I have hesitated because I use a tablet and it’s not a very good one to load a bunch of apps on. 97% is amazing!

It's called Cam trading . He turned 1000 into a 1 million and it was verified . Before joined I was awful . Took my 12k account down to 1500 . Then.I joined and now I took 1500 up to 8300 .