View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2013
I think I like Sportsters

Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see anyone link to it, but over on Harley Tech Talk, they have posted the 2014 MY Technical Forum (Harley puts these out every year to let the dealers know what changes have been made to the various bikes).

Harley Tech Talk requires an account to get to the forum with these and they make it clear they don't want folks direct linking to the documents. So, for those that are members over at HTT, here's the link to the appropriate forum:

http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index....c,11173.0.html (Need to be a member of HTT)

Important Notes:
  • All 2014 Sportsters will utilize the "HDLAN electrical system".
  • Bikes fitted with the security system will be shipped for "keyless" operation and ignition switch eliminated.
  • The BCM (Body Control Module) controls all things electrical; including the horn, headlight, and starter.
    - The BCM eliminates the need for separate TSM/TSSM modules.
    - Eliminates the need for load balancer for running LEDs.
    - In theory, there are less wires and fuses needed.
  • It appears the battery connections will be more accessible.
  • Oil Tank changes (improved?).
  • Besides catalyst in the mufflers, the exhaust gets a welded cross over pipe.
  • The front calipers change from dual 25mm pistons to 34mm.
  • The rear brake is now a dual 35 mm piston (why does the rear get larger pistons than the front??? WTF!!)
  • The layout of the rear master cylinder makes a lot more sense and gets rid of the silly boat anchor.
  • The rear swing arm gets mounted via one through bolt instead of two bolts.
2012 - XR1200X (XR)
2016 - 1200CX Roadster (new one)
2007 - 883L/90" -current project - (Black bike)
Sponsored Links