Thread: Rubbermount_EVO Kickstand identification?
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018
I think I like Sportsters

Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, on the nicest day of the year so far I decided to do some kickstand maintenance, which allowed me to take some measurements while I was at it.

*NOTE* - I purchased all these bikes used (besides the 07 883L), so it's possible, but not likely, that the kickstands were replaced at some point prior to my ownership. They were all pretty much stock bikes when purchased, so I believe they are all the correct stands.

2016 1200CX Roadster (PN 50124-09BHP)

2012 XR1200X (PN 50124-09BHP)

2007 XL883L Low (50238-07BHP)

2007 XL1200R Roadster (49722-07BHP)

UNKNOWN (previously thought to be 06 883C, but it's not):

My measurements aren't very precise, but should suffice for the purpose of internet discussions. I also doubt a half inch difference would make too much difference in the lean angle (Folkie our in house math guru could probably clarify that with a bunch of math stuffs).

Also, if you are going to replace the kickstand (or take it off for any reason), have some extra bushings on hand. It's not unusual to find no bushing left. This was what was on my '07 1200R today (left old, new on right).

Here is a thread that discusses using harder, lubricated bushings from grainger.

And, Sportytrace will likely be along soon and make a joke about men measuring their kickstands...
2012 - XR1200X (XR)
2016 - 1200CX Roadster (new one)
2007 - 883L/90" -current project - (Black bike)

Last edited by Screw Loose Dan; 15th April 2018 at 18:49..