View Single Post
Old 5th August 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

bustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond repute

actually, you can make your own slack tube with plastic tubing and a tape measure. the one i used is a dwyers unit.
what is surprising is how stable the reading is. this being the case, a regular vac tester gauge could be used while riding, that way, load factor could be observed. if one could set up a camera on the gauge and then run the machine through the paces, a lot of info is available.
now all said and done, my machine has altered breather, altered cam timing and andrews cams n4's.
however, this is all top side so what effects does it hold for under the piston???? since the reading is from the timing plug, the breathers were fully functional.
the only issue was needing a needle valve to start off with, my first slack gauge was too small so it would have sucked the water into the flywheel compartment but the larger tube seemed to handle it in stride.