Thread: Rubbermount_EFI Lefty bearing clearance?
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2021
Biker

XL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to beholdXL Dane is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info bustert. I contacted Schaeffler, the company who owns the INA brand and makes the bearing for H-D. I got the reply I expected, that the clearance was determined by the inner ring, and it was chosen by H-D. Of course they did not want to comment on the actual clearance.

I measured the clearance with the inner ring mounted on the shaft. The mounting of the outer ring in the housing will hardly make a difference due to the relative lose fit in the soft alu housing.

Since I dont think a shop can machine a new inner ring in the needed quality at an affordable price, I have decided to have the inner ring coated with DLC. That will reduce the insane clearance with approximately 25% and hopefully make a positive difference.