Thread: Which Battery?
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2021
Biker

Fifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant futureFifty150 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharback View Post
I prefer the newer Lithium Batteries.

Lithium is better. More expensive to buy.

My bike came with the Harley Davidson 021-0123 battery charger. It's a Deltran Battery Tender with a Harley Label. I don't know if it will work with lithium batteries.

I bought a NOCO Genius 1. According to NOCO:
Quote:
The GENIUS1 automatically detects sulfation/acid stratification. If any is found, the GENIUS1 will automatically repair and reverse the damage done to the battery, extending the usable life and increasing the performance. Genius will safely charge any battery. Detect damaged batteries and intuitively repair them. And actively monitor for long-term battery maintenance and extend battery life. This system allows for continuous operation without user intervention, and zero risk of overcharging your battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharback View Post
I don't think you can beat the Harley glass mat batteries. They just work and work and work. I've had them last 8 years.
My bike is an 05. It's now 2021. The OEM battery was probably made in 04, for an 05 model year bike. I've always parked the bike in my garage if I'm not going to ride it. Then the night before I intend to ride, I plug in the OEM charger. So for 17 years, the OEM battery has been on the bike.

Shopping for a lithium battery, got me to buying a lithium compatible charger. I bought the NOCO charger. And I bought the SAE connector. I had to try it. I plugged it in to the 17 year old battery. The next day, the bike fired right up with a 17 year old battery and a fresh charge.

Now I won't have to buy a lithium battery. That charger did whatever it was suppose to do with the battery. The 17 year old battery is just fine.