View Single Post
Old 26th July 2021
Biker

salmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud ofsalmanmr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
Yes, and seems so simple, why did Harley not do that? Just a slight change to the middle cover casting. If that solves the issue, of course.

I have noticed running a lower oil level on my '91 shows less oil through breathers. Tomcatt's advice seems solid. I've been experimenting and have seen a correlation so far.

John
I think the MoCo, though, the design is good since the drain holes are in the highest points of the heads (V), and the gravity will take care of it.

Now, why did MoCo not fix it since the issue become more noticeable? Well, it is HD, and who knows!

Just by looking at the Milwaukee-Eight engine oil pump issue 2017-2019, a severe issue, and how did HD waited for full 2 years until they fix it!