View Single Post
Old 26th July 2021
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

John Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Harper has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've been seeing as I've lowered my oil level to the lower mark, is that there is less weep from my rear SE backplate spacer. I usually see a small sheen of oil after a ride, not even a drop, but being OCD, I see that stuff. With less oil, less sheen. I still seem to get a bit of oil on bottom of ham can, but that also seems normal for these engines. IDK. On the other hand, when the oil level was up it still was not much of a seep. But, using only 2.5 quarts means I can split a 5 quart jug of VR-1, which is another bonus!

I'll never live to put enough miles on to prove internal v. external breathers, which is better. Likely insignificant.

And, we're the tiny percent of owners who even notice the issue, much less care.

John