Thread: Ironhead Best Carb for an Ironhead?
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2021
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

thefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond reputethefrenchowl has a reputation beyond repute

Was researching the Bernoulli effect (whatever that is, I'm NOT an engineer!!!) and glad I did so cause I came about another Leo Payne Bonneville shot, circa 1969/1970, before the Harley Hospital paint scheme...

About the B****** effect, the 1970 streamliner don't seem to have suffered from it, all the shots I can see show an open bellmouth... Probably because the air flow was quite smooth along side this long cigar.

However, Warner Riley seem to have suffered from it since his 1972 Bonneville 206.544 mph campaign show an air dam around his carb entry:

His secondary gearing was a mouth watering 25/28 teeth with overall ratio of 1.94 and running 92% nitro... and still running a KR/XLR frame.

Patrick

Last edited by thefrenchowl; 1st August 2021 at 12:33..