View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2021
Blind Owl

Ferrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond repute

Despite it's less than ideal geometry, poor suspension and excessive weight the Sportster does handle better than any Jap bike made before 1972.
It's low center of gravity and the weight help a lot with this.
If you were to lengthen and strengthen the rear swing arm, add longer adjustable dual rate shocks and replace he front forks with modern cartridge type with adjustable rebound and compression the bike will handle better than any 80's Jap bike.

But then, it wouldn't look like a Harley.

It would no longer be a chick magnet and the guys on those little 600 pocket rockets will still eat your lunch.

So, enjoy !