Thread: Ironhead Best Carb for an Ironhead?
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2021
Blind Owl

Ferrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I should 1st get a world championship before being allowed to criticise Honda"
I have to admit I am a great admirer of their lawnmowers. Mine is now 18 years old and still runs like a top !
Their bikes ? Not so much. (Did kinda lie the Early 1000 R's)

We used "still air boxes" on our Kawasaki Superbikes back in the early 80's as just running bell mouths wasn't as effective.
With the way air flows at speed unless you have a big enough space around the inlet the air flow DOES get affected. I know that much.
I also know facing the inlet forwards doesn't work well.

I do have a memento from Leo Payne his 1970 parts book. But it doesn't seem to be any faster than my 1958 parts book.

Oh no. seems I've become irreverent over time. Or is that irrelevant ? I forget.

I take my hat off to anyone who spends hours and hours and great piles of money to go racing.
But the time when an individual could take out a World Championship was before I was born.I expect if Microsoft decided to go racing they could throw enough money at it to take one out within two years. Don;t know what it ould prove though.