View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2018
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

DK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond reputeDK Custom has a reputation beyond repute

Day 11 Continued-

A panoramic shot to give an idea of how high up we are-

Mary with a range of snow covered mountains in the distance-

End of the line for the cog train-

Last time we were here I walked down to this look-out. The walk down, I guess it is about 50-60 yards, is easy...at 14,000 feet, the walk up is a bit of a different story. Anyway, Mary must have take 5-6 photos of it, teasing me to go down...I passed today. lol

We messed around at the top for a while, then got back on the TG to head on down a ways for lunch.

The TG is running really well. Last 111 miles we've averaged 35.6 mpg, and that includes the climb to the top here.

Note, it's 46 degrees...it's still pretty windy too.

Headed down, no better way to start than a sharp descending curve!

This is a fun road, with amazing views...note there's still snow here and there.

Mary in the mirror in a sharp left curve.

This pic gives a little bit of an idea of just how crazy this road is....looks a bit like a 3-D slot car track. My quick count is that there are 31 curves in this photo.

Mary in the mirror as we head into a sharp descending, cambered right U in the road. FUN!!!

Will finish up Day 11 soon.

Kevin