View Single Post
Old 26th January 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 2nd Class

2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all2007Low is a name known to all
Default Engine Stumble On Cold Start-up

I Need Your Help To Solve This Stumbling Problem. I'd Like To Get Everyone Who Has The Same Stumbling Problem On Start-up To Log The Problem In This Thread. Then I Am Going To Take This And Other Info To The Dealer. They Need To See How Many Of Us Are Experiencing This Problem. I'm Taking My Bike To Sturgis This Summer And Am Hoping To Have This Fixed By Then.

They Want My Bike Back Again. I Wrote To Corp Harley About The Fault And They Got Back To Immediately,which Kind Of Surprised Me. The Last Time I Had The Bike To Them For This Problem, They Had Their Analyzing Equip Hooked Up To It And Even As The Problem Was Occurring Nothing Appeared To Be Out Of Wack On The Analyzer. They Told Me Then That I Would Probably Have To Wait Until It Got Worse So It Could Be Picked Up On The Analyzer.

That's When I Resorted To Sending A Two Page Letter To Corp Harley Detailing The Fault And All That Had Been Done. I Have Seen Some Posts Inquiring If Corp Harley Ever Reads These Threads. Well I Don't Imagine That They Do.

So If I Can Get A Response To This Post From All Of You That Have The Problem, I Will Make Sure That At Least My Dealer Sees Them And Corp Harley Also If Theres A Way.

They Told Me That Corp Harley Tech Services Is Going Get Involved In This Now.

I Had My Vid Cam In The Garage Yesterday When I Started The Bike And Of Course The Bike Had A Little Stage Fright And Would Not Stumble Just Idling, But When I Touched The Throttle Just A Smidge It Stumbled And When I Looked At The Recording The Light Was Just Right To Catch The Puff Of Smoke That Came From The Rear Muffler Both Times It Stumbled. So I Will Be Making More Recordings To Take To The Dealer With The Bike. Hopefully I Will Be Able To Capture On Video The Stumble Where It Just Completely Dies Just Sitting There Idling.

Thanks In Advance For Your Help.