View Single Post
Old 7th November 2008
Ride That F'N Sportster

xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiggplants View Post
yep, looked into this a while ago.. it will bust up your handling if you have raked trees. they are meant to correct your trail when you rake the neck. id love to rake out my frame, but i dont want to do anything to the bike that wont let me take it back to stock.
NOT TRUE..

It will not bust your handling up as long as your still in positive numbers,

Just makes handling slightly slower at lower speeds, but once up to speed the difference is NOT even noticable, my experience 4* on stock frames is about max before you need to add longer legs and you start adding longer or more positive trail to your bike, which is just as bad as too little trail.. 4-6"of trail is ideal for a sporty to handle well (STOCK)...you still can handle even when you go down to mid 3's or 1.25" of trail overall..

every bike responds differently and this can be done with some thought if done correctly..

you will get varying opinions on this whole subject, mostly from those who have never ridden a raked tree'd bike..