View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

LuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm home. I had surgery at noon yesterday (Thursday) and was in recovery by 2:30 pm. I spent a sleepless night in the hospital and was discharged at 10 am this morning.

The surgery went very well but the doc ended up needing to do more than he had first expected. It turns out my C6, C7 disk was so herniated he opted to remove it. So instead of a wedge between the vertebrae I now have a titanium plate with screws and mesh and bone paste fusing my neck together. He also ground off the bone spur that was there.

The great news is, he freed up the nerve that was pinched completely and all the pain in my right arm is gone! He expects I'll be good as new in 4 - 6 weeks.

I have localized pain in my neck and a wicked sore throat caused by the breathing tube used during surgery and because he had to move my throat around so much while digging around in there. He warned me about it before hand and said it should clear up in a day or two. Right now it's hard to swallow food or drink and I can't talk real well but I'm on Vicodin and Soma, a muscle relaxant so all in all the pain is tolerable but I'm living in a cloud and sleepy all the time. I have a 2" horizontal scar on the left side of my neck....chicks dig scars!

"Legs" is the best nurse a guy could ask for. She hovers over me like Florence Nightingale and is taking good care of me.

A beer would taste so good but not till I'm off my meds!

Can't wait to ride the scoot again!

Thanks to all the Forum members for your thoughts, you guys are great!