View Single Post
Old 21st June 2019
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Ferrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond reputeFerrous Head has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucstoudt View Post
you are talking about Lucifers Hammer. that's not the XR-1000 that Don Tilley H-D sponsored Gene Church was the rider. I recall Jay Springsteen had some time on Lucifers Hammer.
I was indeed talking about Lucifer's Hammer. And Springsteen did ride it and won. I think 2 years. But y understanding is the HOG inherited the HD race program and Don became the tuner.
Now race bikes being race bikes there is no guarantee that any one bike remains a bike over time. Parts, including frames get changed. So it might be that after 5 years not much was left of The Hammer but I believe Don started with most of the good bits.
No way would an XR1000 win a BOTT race at Daytona without some very serious heavy lifting. I guess that was my point.
The XR1000 is a sheep in wolfs clothing.