View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2018
I am the great Cornholio!

ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyess333 View Post
Just a few side questions about electric vehicles..
1. What would happen to the power grid if we added everyone's vehicles to it? Can It handle it?

2. What would happen to the price of electricity if demand went up that high?

3. Instead of reducing pollution, wouldn't this just move it and concentrate it to wherever the power plants are? Do we have clean electric power in most cities yet?
Not sure of the first two, but the third is something that is talked about. The electricity has to be made and most methods are not environmentally friendly. Plus I understand the process of making the batteries is not environmentally friendly. So as a result we simply could be simply moving the pollution to a different source rather than eliminating it.

In my opinion, there is probably some truth to that. However as technology improves, and it always does, this will change as better ways are found to make the batteries.

Another major concern are the batteries themselves. They are a hazmat material. I have a friend who works for one of the automobile manufacturers and if the dealer plugs their equipment into a battery and cannot communicate with it then the only way to ship the battery is in an explosion proof container and it can be the only thing on the truck.

Check out my Blog for my trip reports:

Click here to listen to my interview on the Motorcycle Men Podcast

Click here for the Sportsterpedia! for technical information & advice