View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2013
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

A 4 liter V8 eater has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabond View Post
I bought a Hotrod blast that is Blown up(dropped a valve) but this is a hotrod blast i.e. no elec. start-bump start only, PVL race ignition, Flat slide carb. clutch is hydrailic from the right side. (a factory buell short tracker prototype) the head is trash, the cylinder is a Nikosil <?spelling?> but has got some goughes. Ordered a new XB head bare and going to send it to NRHS for there stage two port work, valves and springs. the cases are NOT bored for the 600 kit so i am limited to the 515. wanted to get it running as inexpensive as possible. What does everyone think about getting started where or do i just buy NRHS 515 cylinder and piston and go on. It does have 585 cams in it as well. Wish I knew to post a picture it is a very neat bike.
Is it a frame bike? I'd love to see a picture. As for what to do with it, I suggest selling it to me for cheap .

Link to thread on "Harley Racing" events across the country: http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53470

These events include Hillclimbing, Flat Track Racing, Ice racing, Drag Racing, etc.. They are all sports dominated by Harley Davidsons. They are always located in scenic areas and are great weekend rides. The above link allows XLforum users to coordinate riding to these events together.